Match Thread Nottingham Forest (4 Viewers)

clint van damme

Dabo obviously as not fit and struggling - overplaying him could risk a longer term injury setback.

However at least players will have had an extra day from playing Friday to playing next weds which may help MR pick an unchanged team if he wants to.

I actually though Dani looked in a bit of pain at times on Friday

TomRad85

It was interesting on Friday night that despite having neither Kelly or McFadz on the pitch, we kept going and heads didn't drop. It must have been the youngest team we've put out all season but the spirit of last season was fully on show.
Unpopular opinion, our best back 3 doesn't involve McFadz. I'm praying he sticks with the 3 that played against Reading, they are only going to get better.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

I think that we should guard against thinking we'll win because Forest have had a poor start.

Reading will have been licking their lips coming to SA on Friday night after the start both clubs had had.

This will be a tough game. A point would be a good result (although not ideal).

Frostie

It was interesting on Friday night that despite having neither Kelly or McFadz on the pitch, we kept going and heads didn't drop. It must have been the youngest team we've put out all season but the spirit of last season was fully on show.

Surprisingly not quite.
Average age Starting XI vs Reading was 24.8
Average age Starting XI vs Middlesbrough was 24.7

We are consistently among the youngest teams though.

Skybluebeliever

Think there will be rotations...not players being dropped but rather Robins trying to ensure all players are as fit as possible. After the number of games we have had recently there are bound to be niggles at he very least.
For example of centre backs hyam has played the most and may be rested. Godden too has worked hard...largely on his own and may not be expected to play full game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could mC
So we’ll play with ten men?
yep

pipkin73

Had a few Forest fans coming to mine to watch the game, they have now dropped out. Just spoke to one and he said the way they are playing they don't want to watch us beat them. Forest 2-0 then :(

Liquid Gold

Really disappointed we can't go to this one Forest away was one of the games I couldn't wait for when promotion was confirmed.

I think we just need to keep things tight and frustrate them for a while. Even though we're away they might actually benefit by having no fans as the atmosphere around there would surely be pretty toxic now.

Just had a peep on their forum and they're pretty downbeat about their situation, sounds as though the new manager has tried to shore them up defensively and they're pretty boring with little attacking intent. One bloke has done his homework on us and suggested we're going to go there and play route 1 football, fans and pundits literally have no clue what we're like.

Lyle Taylor is bound to score though and they also have a player called Cafu so we're probably fucked. I'd take the point as I think this is one of those 'don't lose' games. I'd rather we'd beat Forest and lost to Reading than the other way round but now we have the points against Reading it would be massive bonus if we can get something here. Our away form is terrible though.

Last edited:

cc84cov

Really disappointed we can't go to this one Forest away was one of the games I couldn't wait for when promotion was confirmed.

I think we just need to keep things tight and frustrate them for a while. Even though we're away they might actually benefit by having no fans as the atmosphere around there would surely be pretty toxic now.

Just had a peep on their forum and they're pretty downbeat about their situation, sounds as though the new manager has tried to shore them up defensively and they're pretty boring with little attacking intent. One bloke has done his homework on us and suggested we're going to go there and play route 1 football, fans and pundits literally have no clue what we're like.

Lyle Taylor is bound to score though and they also have a player called Cafu so we're probably fucked. I'd take the point as I think this is one of those 'don't lose' games. I'd rather we'd beat Forest and lost to Reading than the other way round but now we have the points against Reading it would be massive bonus if we can get something here. Our away form is terrible though.
Gutted also missing this one looking back at some videos from last season really am missing football 👎🏼

fernandopartridge

I'm disappointed to be missing this one. In fairness trips to Nottingham to see us play Forest had become a bit mundane in our long spell in the Champ. Didn't go in the last couple of years, last time I went I think was under Coleman. We lost in the most atypical pointless late season game that we seemed to have most years. Would love to be there Saturday though.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Seen some great games against forest over the years (anyone there for the wheelbarrow but the wheel fell off one?) including the 5-4 which was a ridiculous game. Didn’t we go 4-0 up only for them to get back to 4-4 and we then scored the winner. Also some great pubs in Nottingham (no, not fucking hooters). Oh well.

Legia Sky Blue

Seen some great games against forest over the years (anyone there for the wheelbarrow but the wheel fell off one?) including the 5-4 which was a ridiculous game. Didn’t we go 4-0 up only for them to get back to 4-4 and we then scored the winner. Also some great pubs in Nottingham (no, not fucking hooters). Oh well.

Never really got that wheelbarrow song. Notts County fans regard it as their song!!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

But you can still watch them as part of your ST deal?
Yes, but we could have watched them for 'free' as we already pay for Sky. It's not the clubs fault, but it is frustrating that we've had loads of home games on Sky and no away games, so the viewing benefit of a ST so far has been extremely limited.

skyblueelephant76

Yes, but we could have watched them for 'free' as we already pay for Sky. It's not the clubs fault, but it is frustrating that we've had loads of home games on Sky and no away games, so the viewing benefit of a ST so far has been extremely limited.
Sky Sports news showed that the game would be on the red button yesterday so something must have changed last minute.

Happy_Martian

1990/91 season, Coventry 5-4 Forest in the League Cup (or whatever it was called at the time).

Gally hattrick and a Livvo goal took us 4-0 in the first 30ish minutes of the game. Nigel Clough got his hattrick between our 4th and half time. Forest equalised just after halftime and Livvo got the winner around the 60th minute. Amazing game. I've still got the full game on VHS. But here's the highlights.

Mcbean

Great game that - excellent picture - great passing and that can do attitude- good to see HR fairly full - boy they had a bunch of stars but outwitted by our heroes / thanks for posting

CCFCSteve

1990/91 season, Coventry 5-4 Forest in the League Cup (or whatever it was called at the time).

Gally hattrick and a Livvo goal took us 4-0 in the first 30ish minutes of the game. Nigel Clough got his hattrick between our 4th and half time. Forest equalised just after halftime and Livvo got the winner around the 60th minute. Amazing game. I've still got the full game on VHS. But here's the highlights.

Probably the most crazy game I’ve ever been to.

chiefdave

A great game to look back on but on the night not sure there was a lot of us not confident we would go on to win when they got back to 4-4.

Greggs

My first ever game. Thanks for this :)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Blimey, 8 years since I uploaded that to YouTube!

Still bugs my boy that I've got more subscribers than him :LOL:

Kneeza

Hope Marosi's a bit quicker reacting than some of Oggy's efforts. Thought he'd dropped off for the Clough second goal.
Decent stop from the Pearce free-kick though.

As for 5-4 matches, I still prefer the Norwich one though.

Users who are viewing this thread