Match Thread Nottingham Forest (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

A draw in this would be fine, picking up the win against Reading really was a bonus. I think we will see O'Hare in for Shipley but not many (if any) other changes and none that id be particularly keen for. We could give Walker a bit more time on the pitch but Biamou was pretty good in the air and i think we'd miss that if he were changed for Walker.
Everyone fit I suspect it will be an unchanged team and same subs. Walker not fit enough yet.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Almost certain to start with the same team, but also potentially some replacements.
Kelly or O'Hare in midfield, possibly for Shipley
McCallum for Dabo or Giles
Fadz if needed.
Walker for Biamou (although I think they'd play in very different ways).

Again, would accept a draw but as long as we go in like we did against Reading we should make a decent fist of it. And as long as we can keep 11 on the field.

steve101

I am hoping Biamou will keep his place. I don't think there is anyone else that holds the ball up as well and wins as much in the air. Him playing gave the team options to mix it up a bit, which made us less predictable. I thought he paced himself well. He didn't chase needless balls but he pressed when it was sensible to do so. Vivash looked pleased with him as they left the field together.

Paxman II

I'm reasonably confident and why not? Forest strugling to find form and consistency while we are just finding our feet on an upward curve I suspect. We surely arrive with renewed confidence and fitter players than we had a couple of games ago. Hamer back in the middle and Sheaf ever improving I think we have enough to spring a surprise on Forest who can't be the most confident side in the league just now. Start on the front foot, grab an early goal and we could get an easy 3 points.

johnwillomagic

Hmm I'd take a 1-1 draw I would be tempted to change a few things,,

I think Dabo still miles off being fit so think McCallum may come in there,

As hard as Max worked I think he may be benched he was not as good as many made out and put in a great shift but I can see Walker starting for him.

Can also see Fadz coming in for Rose who is still finding his feet and fitness too.

I'd like to see Kelly come in but think Shipley, Sheaf & Hamer earn the right to start again.

Hope we take some confidence from the last game and start to believe in ourselves that is the most

cc84cov

Hmm I'd take a 1-1 draw I would be tempted to change a few things,,

I think Dabo still miles off being fit so think McCallum may come in there,

As hard as Max worked I think he may be benched he was not as good as many made out and put in a great shift but I can see Walker starting for him.

Can also see Fadz coming in for Rose who is still finding his feet and fitness too.

I'd like to see Kelly come in but think Shipley, Sheaf & Hamer earn the right to start again.

Hope we take some confidence from the last game and start to believe in ourselves that is the most

Tell me how we gonna get dabo fit not playing him ?

Genuine question

johnwillomagic

I think McCallum more than capable it is a step up in terms of intensity and physicality and Dabo looked shot ...no you're right just keep whipping him till he gets another long term injury....

cc84cov

I think McCallum more than capable it is a step up in terms of intensity and physicality and Dabo looked shot ...no you're right just keep whipping him till he gets another long term injury....
He’s come back from a back operation you gain match fitness by actually playing not sure you if you know how it works mate but training won’t cut it he needs to get upto speed as he was doing again against reading he looked better as he went on trust me dabo will start against forest

johnwillomagic

Don't get me wrong massive fan of Dabo as most of us are but he has not looked quite right all season I'm just worried he is being rushed back as such an influential player and could backfire.

Robins will probably name unchanged xi if he can personally not sure that is the right decision.

Legia Sky Blue

I'm reasonably confident and why not? Forest strugling to find form and consistency while we are just finding our feet on an upward curve I suspect. We surely arrive with renewed confidence and fitter players than we had a couple of games ago. Hamer back in the middle and Sheaf ever improving I think we have enough to spring a surprise on Forest who can't be the most confident side in the league just now. Start on the front foot, grab an early goal and we could get an easy 3 points.

While I hope you are right, and believe that if we perform on the day that we can definitely win, expecting an 'easy' 3 points is definitely a case of looking at it through Sky Blue specs. I expect this to be a real tough game and one they will be targeting as an ideal match to get their season going. The last thing I expect is for us to be able to stroll to a victory.

Amcoventry

My best mates a NF supporter and reckons they were in the groove. I told him they were not so groovey in there last game. Heres hoping for a win and after the Reading game when we were crucified by the ref expecting a good result.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

People saying Biamou for Walker we dont need to because Godden should be Nackered and people saying “they are too similar” maybe Walker will get 45/30 mins of a run about paired with Biamou up top.

Gibbo

If Robins is true to past form, the side will be unchanged. The possible changes have been listed above and are, to me at least, in the follolowing order of liklihood

O'Hare or Kelly for Shipley
MacCallum for Dabo
Walker for Biamou

We concede too many goals, even though it was our defence that earned the promotion. We have to score three in order to win a game, and that is asking too much week in week out. The trouble is that none of the variations above have that much impact on the problem.

At some stage Forest will have to fire up, so I fear the worst.....but apart from Wycombe I suspect that is going to be my frame of mind for every game. I'd settle for a 1-1 draw.

Brighton Sky Blue

gotta say I’m surprised we are 1355P

and I haven’t a clue what it means

It’s giving teams ratings in the same way they do for chess players. Early season the rating will vary more with each result until it settles out

SkyblueTexan

Watched highlights of Middlesboro vs Forest on YouTube. Still can't get over the fact we lost to Middlesboro who look very ordinary, but we were worse on the day. Forest look a poor side and rightfully so. If we have the same belief and mentality like we did against Reading, then I think we have a chance for max points against Forest. We need to keep the momentum going as Barnsley have started on a winning streak now, Wycombe have been unbeaten in the last 2 games and Derby are unbeaten in their last 3 games. QPR won their last match as well. So the teams around us are picking up valuable points and we need to keep pace.

ccfcchris

Toney. I. Brentford 9
Armstrong. A. Blackburn 9
Joao. L Reading 6
Ayew. A. Swansea 4
Meite.Y. Reading 4
Sinclair. S. Preston 4
Pukki. T. Norwich 4
Godden. M. Coventry 4
Forss.M. Brentford 4
Pedro. J. Watford 3
Wallace. J. Millwall 3
Campbell. F. Huddersfield 3
Wells. N. Bristol City 3
Johnson. B. Blackburn 3
Bela. J. Birmingham 3

Paxman II

While I hope you are right, and believe that if we perform on the day that we can definitely win, expecting an 'easy' 3 points is definitely a case of looking at it through Sky Blue specs. I expect this to be a real tough game and one they will be targeting as an ideal match to get their season going. The last thing I expect is for us to be able to stroll to a victory.

"Could"

Warwickhunt

same team surely ?

Good pal is a forest season ticket holder thinks their just getting going now,They play with a high aggressive press after watching them against Luton you can see their lightening quick upfront.Lyle Taylor,Anthony Knochart & another quick lad with the lad in midfield Lally I think it was who loves to shoot and has a great left foot...

Result depends which City side turns up but it’s got to be unchanged & confidence will surely be high Max has mins in the legs and he will need to be on his game Wednesday as I see a lot of high balls coming his way as I said Forest press really well.Take a point but we could very well beat them.Cyrus Christie is currently their first choice right back.
think Walker will want to lay this one!

Users who are viewing this thread