Match Thread Nottingham Forest (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

My best mates a NF supporter and reckons they were in the groove. I told him they were not so groovey in there last game. Heres hoping for a win and after the Reading game when we were crucified by the ref expecting a good result.
Interestingly my Forest mate reckons they’ve been abysmal so far this season, with the possible exception of the last 10 minutes of their last game. They had 1 shot on target against Middlesbrough and according to him they’ve been ahead for a total of 15 minutes in the last 15 games or 22.5 hours of football.

If we forget about their players and the fact it’s Forest, we have been better than them so far this season (so bound to lose!).

Hobo

What Biamou has shown tonight is that he can step up, as he has shown time again. Fitness permitting, I think eventually the formation will be 5-3-2 just as it was tonight and with Walker partnering Godden, but Max has shown that he deserves to start against Forest.

You can't rely on a set formation at this level. You have to adapt to the opposition - or make them adapt to you!

But one suit won't get you through the door for all fixtures.

Skybluebeliever

same team surely ?

Good pal is a forest season ticket holder thinks their just getting going now,They play with a high aggressive press after watching them against Luton you can see their lightening quick upfront.Lyle Taylor,Anthony Knochart & another quick lad with the lad in midfield Lally I think it was who loves to shoot and has a great left foot...

Result depends which City side turns up but it’s got to be unchanged & confidence will surely be high Max has mins in the legs and he will need to be on his game Wednesday as I see a lot of high balls coming his way as I said Forest press really well.Take a point but we could very well beat them.Cyrus Christie is currently their first choice right back.
Think we have a couple of injuries picked up from Friday , can see mcCallum starting , think he will want to get walker involved at some stage , think Dabo and rose are having to play to get fit and neither are at the top of their game yet

Walsgrave

You can't rely on a set formation at this level. You have to adapt to the opposition - or make them adapt to you!

But one suit won't get you through the door for all fixtures.
Certainly not, but I think that the 'main' formation will now be 5-3-2 given that the original 5-2-2-1 appeared to leave Godden isolated up top, which worked in League One but hasn't worked against higher quality opposite defences in the Championship.

cc84cov

Think we have a couple of injuries picked up from Friday , can see mcCallum starting , think he will want to get walker involved at some stage , think Dabo and rose are having to play to get fit and neither are at the top of their game yet
Who’s McCallum replacing ?

johnwillomagic

Dabo obviously as not fit and struggling - overplaying him could risk a longer term injury setback.

However at least players will have had an extra day from playing Friday to playing next weds which may help MR pick an unchanged team if he wants to.

lifeskyblue

Think there will be rotations...not players being dropped but rather Robins trying to ensure all players are as fit as possible. After the number of games we have had recently there are bound to be niggles at he very least.
For example of centre backs hyam has played the most and may be rested. Godden too has worked hard...largely on his own and may not be expected to play full game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Think there will be rotations...not players being dropped but rather Robins trying to ensure all players are as fit as possible. After the number of games we have had recently there are bound to be niggles at he very least.
For example of centre backs hyam has played the most and may be rested. Godden too has worked hard...largely on his own and may not be expected to play full game.

Ok let’s beat top of the table finally looking like we might have something that works.....

and rotate it ? 🤣🤣🤣

KenilworthSkyBlue

It wouldn't surprise me if McFadzean came back into the fold. Forest have experience and quality in abundance so I feel we need someone to lead the line to ensure we remain totally focused, as whilst they're finding difficulty in scoring goals at the minute there's no question that they have the ability on paper to punish any side in the division.

I suspect Robins will continue with two up front as apparently Hughton has tightened their defence quite a bit since he arrived so we'll need that extra body up front.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

It wouldn't surprise me if McFadzean came back into the fold. Forest have experience and quality in abundance so I feel we need someone to lead the line to ensure we remain totally focused, as whilst they're finding difficulty in scoring goals at the minute there's no question that they have the ability on paper to punish any side in the division.

I suspect Robins will continue with two up front as apparently Houghton has tightened their defence quite a bit since he arrived so we'll need that extra body up front.

It was interesting on Friday night that despite having neither Kelly or McFadz on the pitch, we kept going and heads didn't drop. It must have been the youngest team we've put out all season but the spirit of last season was fully on show.

KenilworthSkyBlue

It was interesting on Friday night that despite having neither Kelly or McFadz on the pitch, we kept going and heads didn't drop. It must have been the youngest team we've put out all season but the spirit of last season was fully on show.

I think the great thing about our squad is that the never say die attitude has been instilled throughout the squad and regardless of a player's age or experience they all have a complete understanding of what is expected by Robins - especially in the event when we might find themselves on the back foot.

shmmeee

Everyone’s too confident. It’s making me nervous. Could a few people predict a loss please?

Hertsccfc

I suspect Robins will continue with two up front as apparently Hughton has tightened their defence quite a bit since he arrived so we'll need that extra body up front.
I thought the back three were considerably better on Friday. Ostigard looked really good in the middle and Rose and Hyam looked more confident alongside him. I would keep that formation at the back for now.

Users who are viewing this thread