New Kit (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

FFS ehen i thought it gonna be all plain sky blue I was ok to leave it this season as i have the league 2 kit and obv last year so nice keep me going

But i love the throwback patter to early 90s. Will have to pick this up too!

Skyblueweeman

Love it.

Annual 'Torch will hate it with the stripes'/'Torch will love it with no stripes' can commence with the latter.

Reactions: vow

lacesoutdom

FabianDebec said:
"Home is full sky blue fading into a pattern re:1993 - Black badge, black sponsor"

i mean hes not wrong (hes deleted his account for some reason) but def not black badge and sponsor, more of a navy id say

kapowaz

583-694.jpg

Samo

I always prefer a bit of white trim to set the sky blue off but hey... it least it aint stripes!

Reactions: vow

kapowaz

Is it because that original wasn't a Hummel design so they have to be a little careful not to just blatantly rip it off?

I don’t know… they might have needed to license it from Ribero (which believe it or not is still a going concern), but there is precedent for another manufacturer doing this: Norwich had a kit made by Errea which used their 92-94 pattern in an away shirt a few years ago:

norwich-city-16-17-third-kit-front.jpg

kapowaz

I think my overall impression is of an imperfect kit that’s otherwise pretty solid. I expect whether or not people love it longterm will hinge on how our season unfolds. So: on with that!

Ring Of Steel

I think my overall impression is of an imperfect kit that’s otherwise pretty solid. I expect whether or not people love it longterm will hinge on how our season unfolds. So: on with that!

I still can't make my mind up whether I love it or hate it... its growing on me

Bugsy

mark82

Have to be honest, I'm not a fan of that. Think it's going to be polarising, whereas last year was pretty much universally loved. Glad they're pushing the boundaries a bit though.

skybluepm2

Love it. It’s different to anything we’ve had previously. Liking the dark sky blue trims too. Will do us proud in the Championship. Can’t wait for the away unveiling now!

Mask

Certainly not as impactful as last season's kit, but that was always going to be a tough (impossible?) act to follow. This isn't one I'd rush out and buy but I think it looks nice and fresh. It has all the "Sky Blues" elements while being different. Should look strong on the pitch ahead of this new Championship season too so I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

Liquid Gold

Have to be honest, I'm not a fan of that. Think it's going to be polarising, whereas last year was pretty much universally loved. Glad they're pushing the boundaries a bit though.
People will fall in line.

I bet you forgot how many people said the third kit looked like a cycling shirt when it was released. Then it got international acclaim and you won't find one person against it now.

Users who are viewing this thread