New Kit (3 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

I love it, I really do! I like that it is SkyBlue, it isn't just Hummel it is the Club wanting to push boundaries and do something great. 2 years, 2 best home kits time supporting the team. Incredible.

The one thing that is undeniable, whether you like the shirt or not, is that a lot of thought has gone into it, its a proper, individual CCFC strip instead of a template, and thats brilliant. I'd sign Hummel up longer term if I was the club, I think this is the end of the deal in 20/21 isn't it? Can you imagine getting a drab Nike or Puma again now

Jesse Carver

The one thing that is undeniable, whether you like the shirt or not, is that a lot of thought has gone into it, its a proper, individual CCFC strip instead of a template, and thats brilliant. I'd sign Hummel up longer term if I was the club, I think this is the end of the deal in 20/21 isn't it? Can you imagine getting a drab Nike or Puma again now
I thought we had a five year deal with them?

ajsccfc

I'm sure I read it was a five year deal?

Edit - here we go

Covcraig@bury

Not for me , it looks rushed and unfinished. The sides just don’t blend in under the armpits.
left over material from Man City .
hope the away shirts are better or I will be saving £50 .

steve101

Not for me , it looks rushed and unfinished. The sides just don’t blend in under the armpits.
left over material from Man City .
hope the away shirts are better or I will be saving £50 .
I agree that it is the plain strips under the armpits that looks a little odd, especially as there is no continuation between the shirt and the Hummel markings on the side of the shorts. However I am certainly no fashion guru!

kapowaz

One thing that’s undeniable is that it’s dividing opinions, and in my opinion that’s a clear sign that in years to come it’ll be regarded as a classic… so long as we do alright this season in it anyway!

kapowaz

@kapowaz are you planning on recreating that pattern as an Ai / SVG file? if you could hook me up like last yearI'll get on the PES 2021 kits soon and dont want to double up on work (especially as you are bloody good at it :) )

I had a go at this a couple of years back, but it’s actually a really sophisticated pattern and very hard to accurately reproduce, which is to say it’s not surprising City decided to just create something new that was similar rather than copying it directly. If I ever get the time to reproduce it properly I’ll give you a shout.

Paul Anthony

Reminiscent of the first City shirt I ever owned, so it's a yes from me. Actually prefer it to last seasons shirt, myself.

kapowaz

@Alkhen this is far as I got before I got bored last time! Getting the underlying grid of colour shades down was the first part, but even this bit wasn't 100% correct...

1598460513922.png

Reactions: TTG

Alkhen

One thing that’s undeniable is that it’s dividing opinions, and in my opinion that’s a clear sign that in years to come it’ll be regarded as a classic… so long as we do alright this season in it anyway!

Agreed it'll be a cult classic for sure.

For me im a little sick of the gradient/fade thing, they sort of did similar with the stripes last year. would like them switch it up next year, bit more harsh lines and geometric

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree but Hummel seem to have impressed the last couple of years and are getting a number of contracts so I wonder how long it'll be before they have to resort to either more generic kits/templates or bring in slightly inferior kit designers to meet demand. Offering the more bespoke service also probably means they charge more which could put some off as the numbers they sell would mean the kit would have to pretty expensive.

You'd think Nike et al will have to seriously up their game to continue to get the accounts. Although bigger clubs that will sell shirts regardless of how dull the design is they could probably still do by being able to offer it cheaper.

rob9872

Shame it doesn't follow onto the shorts. Pattern might aswell have been top half if shorts are plain. Nice shirt, but bot convinced as a kit.

Users who are viewing this thread