New Kit (3 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Im shocked no ones got any sneak peeks or leaks yet. Has been the last few seasons

lacesoutdom

Past few days it’s been on for pre orders.

I wonder if they accidentally reveal the kit by posting the key rings up first again or something.

they prob dont want to risk doing that by uploading them one by one or something - i imagine the whole site will get a revamp with all the new snaps of the kit etc

imagine if they accidentally released the kit via an in-car hanging miniature kit version 🤦‍♂️

Bugsy

Dions Dong

To be honest nothing will ever top last years and the emotive elements associated with it (title winning etc) so they are set up to fail reall

however this is a solid effort I like it 👍

now to get some more players in to actually wear it 😂

kapowaz

It’s interesting, but clearly only a nod to rather than a direct reproduction of the original pattern; the ‘grid’ is much larger, and the diagonal slashes go the opposite direction to the original. Also, having it stop for the side panels feels like a mistake to me. Still, I’ll have to see a nice clear photo of it to fully judge.

Ring Of Steel

It’s interesting, but clearly only a nod to rather than a direct reproduction of the original pattern; the ‘grid’ is much larger, and the diagonal slashes go the opposite direction to the original. Also, having it stop for the side panels feels like a mistake to me. Still, I’ll have to see a nice clear photo of it to fully judge.

Its my club and therefore I love it, at the same time I don't like it at all... if that makes sense

the mixture of the pattern merging into plain sky blue doesn't work for me

Ring Of Steel

You are right, its a big fail in terms of trying to reproduce the 90s kit... but the photos aren't very good so maybe it'll look better when it lands on the front doorstep in a few days (y)

the verdict on twitter seems universally positive

kapowaz

Its my club and therefore I love it, at the same time I don't like it at all... if that makes sense

the mixture of the pattern merging into plain sky blue doesn't work for me

I think if we’d never had the 92-94 kit I’d say it has the potential to be a classic. But instead it feels like an 7/10 effort at reproducing the vibe of the original. Not sure why they chose to change things and not have it at least consistent with the old pattern (even if they chose to do the fade at the top, which I don’t mind).

AOM

I like it.
Thinking maybe darker blue shorts would look better with the pattern on the shirt though

Frostie

I think if we’d never had the 92-94 kit I’d say it has the potential to be a classic. But instead it feels like an 7/10 effort at reproducing the vibe of the original. Not sure why they chose to change things and not have it at least consistent with the old pattern (even if they chose to do the fade at the top, which I don’t mind).

Is it because that original wasn't a Hummel design so they have to be a little careful not to just blatantly rip it off?

Users who are viewing this thread