New Kit (3 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Just been down the club shop for a browse after shopping at Tesco. Got talking to a staff member, asked about the kit, was told 6 weeks at the earliest. They wont have any to purchase in store either it will all be online due to social distancing.

Says they are way way way behind where they wanted to be on the kit and worst case scenario being there might not even be any to purchase until the eve of the new season.

Shame would have been good to build on the feel good factor

SeaSeeEffCee

Wonder what the hold up has been. Know there were rumours about Allsopp and Allsopp ending sponsorship but Hummel have also had some supply issues in the past with other league clubs.

ccfcway

You wonder why, as other Hummel kits have been announced. I could understand not if it was all of their kits

ccfcway

Wonder what the hold up has been. Know there were rumours about Allsopp and Allsopp ending sponsorship but Hummel have also had some supply issues in the past with other league clubs.

As part of Ricoh return we have agreed that wasps will be our sponsors and we will sponsor wasps. All within FFP :)

Frostie

Been reported a couple of times now that we're way behind on kit.

As mentioned Hummel have had problems in the past but seem well on track with other clubs this season. Sponsor could be a point, I don't believe there was any disclosure on length of the Allsopp & Allsopp deal beyond this past season?

Be a real shame either way as with unheard of feel good factor at the moment we'd probably be looking at record sales again.

mark82

Delay in kit reveal is down to the club deciding on how to do the reveal. Last few years has been at Evening with Mark Robins, which they can't do this year. Hoping they're finding a way to do this remotely and selling tickets. There's no huge rush, Championship season not even finished yet.

ms639

Surely re-negotiations over sponsorship now we're in the champ. A more lucrative opportunity for a sponsor. To be fair if they take their time and produce the standard they did last year then I'm happy to wait

Hadji's_Goatee

We can't put the new kit into production until a new sponsorship deal is made (There's no way Allsopp will dish out £500k+)

We can't make a new sponsorship deal until the stadium arrangements have been finalised.

I'm sure the club are trying to get the best commercial deal possible, and I'm sure where we play next year will have a bearing on that. Covid must also be making it extra trickier to negotiate sponsorship terms.

Of course, these are just logical assumptions :unsure:

chiefdave

The club tweeted a few weeks back that the kit was signed off months ago. Even if they don't physically have them yet or are waiting for a sponsor they could do a kit reveal and take pre-orders.

Hadji's_Goatee

The club tweeted a few weeks back that the kit was signed off months ago. Even if they don't physically have them yet or are waiting for a sponsor they could do a kit reveal and take pre-orders.
You're right they could. But I don't think it's as simple as that. There's no way a new sponsor will want the kit revealed without their name on it.

Launching a new kit gets a lot of media attention, and our cracking partnership with Hummel has widened the public interest. I'm sure the commercial deals with sponsors and stadiums are holding this up.

As you said it was signed off months ago.

Alkhen

I'm predicting a betting firm to sponsor us, chase the money. Hopefully they will do adult ones with no sponsor if they go that route

kapowaz

I'm predicting a betting firm to sponsor us, chase the money. Hopefully they will do adult ones with no sponsor if they go that route

A betting sponsorship would probably be the best in terms of income, but it’d feel pretty _eesh_ to me. I’m doubtful they’d make an adult version without the sponsorship for a club of our size, but who knows. I’m hoping that betting sponsors are all banned within a season or two anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Meant to be a mosaic isn't it? Got some significance with the city of Manchester I think but I'm not a big fan. Puma make poor kits imo.

Skybluemichael

Just looking at the new Hummel kit, looks like there are three different types, collar wise 9DB31643-C91B-4884-9181-105FD23801FE.jpeg A0FD099A-B7D1-4ABE-9552-E412118A90F9.jpeg 8D2249E4-52FE-4A89-A846-A146172063AE.jpeg 36B1ACFB-A4CC-46E4-8A7C-4C24D6905679.jpeg 63CB27CA-1A6B-4EF6-A9B8-956AE6A063E7.jpeg

Attachments

• 04F25952-C18A-486E-8280-BF6F40E29BD2.jpeg
    04F25952-C18A-486E-8280-BF6F40E29BD2.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 41

kapowaz

Oldham’s home shirt collar is the same as on last season’s third (two-tone) kit, so I’d not expect us to use that. Of the two options I think I prefer the (mostly) rounded collar, but neither blows me away. I’d love a simple V-neck, but that’s probably asking a lot…

kapowaz

More interesting hints: Northern Irish side Crusaders have signed with Hummel, and these are their new kits:

New-Crusaders-FC-Hummel-Home-Kit-2020-2021.jpg

EventSec-Crusaders-FC-Shirt-Sponsor-2020-21.jpg

Their home kit is the first example I’ve seen of an original design for our own kit (albeit one based on an older template shared by many) being used as a template for another side, this time with the newer collar design seen above.

New-Crusaders-FC-Away-Shirt-2020-21.jpg

Their away kit is based on a standard 2021 teamwear template, again based on a late 80s Hummel template (you might recall Spurs wore this in the 1987 FA Cup final). This is the more interesting one for me as I suspect we could end up using this template, if not for the home then maybe our away kit.

kapowaz

Fleetwood Town 2020/21 home:

New-Fleetwood-Town-Home-Shirt-2020-21-Hummel.jpg

Another interesting unique design. I’m leaning towards expecting us having this collar but with another new, unique design that’s mostly solid sky blue.

FTFC-Shirt-2020-21-Closeup.jpg

I could see this pattern in either white or navy on a solid sky blue background working.

Users who are viewing this thread