Mowbray says... / Marc-Antoine Fortune (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

I hope he signs, if for nothing else, to save on his phone bill. Ring TM every day for the past few months must have cost him a fortune :p

LJC_CCFC

Aidan McCartney on Twitter saying Fortune has been training all week and is due to sign later today. Solid signing even at 34. Exactly what all the moaning bastards have been crying out for.

CovLis86

Sordell would surely demand way too much in terms of wage.
Wouldnt say Maynard is the physical player thats been suggested.

Wheres that Free agent list? Cant seem to find on google now.

eastwoodsdustman

Aidan McCartney on Twitter saying Fortune has been training all week and is due to sign later today. Solid signing even at 34. Exactly what all the moaning bastards have been crying out for.

What, some who they can moan about for lack of goals. With all of the positivity at games at present the fans have got to be crying out for a whipping boy.

LJC_CCFC

What, some who they can moan about for lack of goals. With all of the positivity at games at present the fans have got to be crying out for a whipping boy.

Bringing an experienced forward (PL, Championship, French Leagues) in to a team that isn't struggling to score goals. He's the physical presence we supposedly need.

matesx

i see his Wikipedia has been updated

Current team: Coventry City

H

hiddenskyblue

Aaron Wilbraham had 4 goals in 4 years before he joined Bristol City, so Fortune's goal scoring record isnt a worry to me at all.

CovLis86

Interesting thing to read from his record, every season hes had basically as many assists as he has goals. His season at West Brom he was voted player of the year. Obviously something to him. Could be a good punt for a year.

rupert_bear

Can't remember what Fortune is like I assuming he will partner Armstrong in a front 2 Will that work better than Tudgay and Armstrong ?

SlowerThanPlatt

S

You hate a knee jerk whine. I remember you writing the season off in the Nuneaton match thread. Calm down, dear.

I don't think I did. I said the pre season results didn't inspire much optimism. We started of excellently but it looks like teams have nullified the threat of Armstrong now and with Maddison out we don't look as strong.

LJC_CCFC

I don't think I did. I said the pre season results didn't inspire much optimism. We started of excellently but it looks like teams have nullified the threat of Armstrong now and with Maddison out we don't look as strong.

You were basically suicidal. Teams have nullified the threat of Armstrong. Pmsl. The only thing letting us down is Reda's haphazard defending. We are still very effective going forward without Maddison.

fernandopartridge

You were basically suicidal. Teams have nullified the threat of Armstrong. Pmsl. The only thing letting us down is Reda's haphazard defending. We are still very effective going forward without Maddison.

It's interesting reading the comparative reactions of Cov and Southend fans to Monday's result. Southend seem to think they've got their outstanding gk to thank for the result. Cov fans seem to think we didn't create anything.

LJC_CCFC

It's interesting reading the comparative reactions of Cov and Southend fans to Monday's result. Southend seem to think they've got their outstanding gk to thank for the result. Cov fans seem to think we didn't create anything.

Sounds about right. Avoided the forum after Monday night, I made the right decision clearly.

ccfc92

I agree we need to tighten up at the back. But you surely can see Armstrong hasn't been as effective in last 2 games due to being heavily marked?

I believe if we play 2 up top, whoever this new signing is, and he can challenge for the ball, it should give Armstrong more space. Which will be a huge advantage :)

LJC_CCFC

I agree we need to tighten up at the back. But you surely can see Armstrong hasn't been as effective in last 2 games due to being heavily marked?

I believe if we play 2 up top, whoever this new signing is, and he can challenge for the ball, it should give Armstrong more space. Which will be a huge advantage :)

There is a difference between nullifying and being less effective.

andyboy81

It is Fortune, I had a random text off a mate of mine at 3.30 yesterday asking if Marc Antoine Fortune had signed for us as he had just been in to a car dealership to pick up a motor and said he had.

At the time I said no and assumed he was just trying to blag some money off a car but turns out he was probably telling the truth

Monners

It is Fortune, I had a random text off a mate of mine at 3.30 yesterday asking if Marc Antoine Fortune had signed for us as he had just been in to a car dealership to pick up a motor and said he had.

At the time I said no and assumed he was just trying to blag some money off a car but turns out he was probably telling the truth

That would indeed be extremely random if not true.

Was a decent player at WBA, so here's hoping

SkyblueBazza

And all those Cov fans that thought it will say - Southend fans? What do they know about football?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

andyboy81

What car is he buying?

Hahaha just messaged him now to find out... will let you know but considering the company he works for I wouldn't be surprised if he has to trade it in mid season for a Fiesta Zetec to keep up the payments

stupot07

Would be a solid signing, and bring something different to the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
On twitter was having a read, people were naming people like Beccio and Frazer Campbell and are now underwhelmed if it is Fortune.

Not entirely sure what some of our fans actually expect.

matesx

cant be arsed with it nor Facebook

where do people get the time?

fernandopartridge

Here we go for some tenuous links:

We previously had another former West Brom striker from French Guiana. He did alright without having a brilliant strike rate for us.

Pusb1

If he signs tonight, will that be in time for him to be registered to play in the Burton game on Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread