Mowbray says... / Marc-Antoine Fortune (2 Viewers)

rupert_bear

If he signs tonight, will that be in time for him to be registered to play in the Burton game on Sunday?
Believe he has to be registered by noon today to be able to play Sunday, sounds to me it is just subject to a medical so the paperwork and finances should be done.

Hobo

On twitter was having a read, people were naming people like Beccio and Frazer Campbell and are now underwhelmed if it is Fortune.

Not entirely sure what some of our fans actually expect.

Beccio has gone back to Argentina.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hmm, let's see who's moaned already. Ah, slowerthanplatt!

BINGO

I'm not moaning. I'm questioning why we are signing a player similar to Tudgay (one who doesn't score many but can make the team play better overall).

League 1 could be his level, he could score 20 goals by the end of the season, who knows. Just, if he is good as some posters say then whys it took him to early September to sign for a club? Either a) no other clubs are inerested or b) his fitness is massively beyond.

tom88

If it is MAF I have a strong gut feeling he could be our Jason Roberts for Reading the year they went up from the championship

Nick

Administrator
I'm not moaning. I'm questioning why we are signing a player similar to Tudgay (one who doesn't score many but can make the team play better overall).

League 1 could be his level, he could score 20 goals by the end of the season, who knows. Just, if he is good as some posters say then whys it took him to early September to sign for a club? Either a) no other clubs are inerested or b) his fitness is massively beyond.

Why isn't Armstrong playing for Newcastle's first team? Why was Lamires released and a free agent? Why didn't anybody else sign Johnson or Ricketts?

If he signs then we can give him a fair few games to judge if he is good or not surely?

Otis

To Mo Konic/McShufty song ...

Oh Fortune, oh,oh, oh oh,
Oh Fortune, oh, oh, oh oh.
He's 34 and French, he's come to warm the bench

H

Huckerby

You're right. They are the only two possible situations for a player to be available in September....

Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of a lot if people on here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
You're right. They are the only two possible situations for a player to be available in September.... 

It is common knowledge that any player who moves on a free is crap, because nobody wanted to pay for them.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moussa didn't have a club when we signed him and that was mid September time.

I don't think Mowbray is bringing him to start 40 games and score 25 goals. He will be an option from the bench and used in rotation, he's something better than an 18 year old academy graduate on the bench and something different to Armstrong.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You're right. They are the only two possible situations for a player to be available in September....

It's just a few, slowerthanplatt was shitting himself after the last preseason game against Oxford as well telling everyone we'd struggle for goals and that everything was awful

H

Huckerby

It is common knowledge that any player who moves on a free is crap, because nobody wanted to pay for them.
I still can't believe the lack of ambition we're showing by not even chucking a cheeky 600k at a striker

Nick

Administrator
I still can't believe the lack of ambition we're showing by not even chucking a cheeky 600k at a striker

And me, so glad I do NOPM and don't give the club a penny when they won't spend millions to buy a player then pay him. I am going to just slate every player we get on a free and then be outraged if we ever sell them as they were our best player!

H

Huckerby

It's just a few, slowerthanplatt was shitting himself after the last preseason game against Oxford as well telling everyone we'd struggle for goals and that everything was awful
Well we are aren't we? Fancy having an unproven 18 year old loanee leading the line

donald_trumps

Fortune favours the brave...

Here are some quotes from baggies fans about Fortune - I am pretty excited about this one:

"Having watched Fortune for 3 years, I'm quite surprised by peoples' reaction. Unfortunately when people look at the stats they will only see that he doesn't score many. However, I, along with a massive majority of Albion fans were absolutely gutted he was leaving. Was our player of the season a few years ago - he's pacy, skillful, powerful, a great passer of the ball, and always puts in a shift, the fans at the Hawthorns love him. The only downside is that he struggles to score, but put alongside someone clinical - or played on the wing he can be massively effective.

We were gutted to have lost him, and I have complete confidence that he will be a brilliant signing for you guys."

"Your going too be in for a nice surprise. Watch him link the play and bring Midfielders & Wide men into the game. his hold up play is 1st class , he is as strong as an Ox , no tough guy League one Centre Half is going to bully him about. Top draw Knit one Pearl one footballer , pass move , give and go - hit MAF and the ball sticks , oh , and he will run himself into the ground for you. Many a standing ovation coming his way this season , when he leaves the pitch cramped up after 80 minutes.
He will keep both Centre Halfs fully occupied with their hands being full entirely by himself. Don't fret over his Goals record - theres more than one way to skin a cat."

PUSB

Otis

Here are some quotes from baggies fans about Fortune - I am pretty excited about this one:

"Having watched Fortune for 3 years, I'm quite surprised by peoples' reaction. Unfortunately when people look at the stats they will only see that he doesn't score many. However, I, along with a massive majority of Albion fans were absolutely gutted he was leaving. Was our player of the season a few years ago - he's pacy, skillful, powerful, a great passer of the ball, and always puts in a shift, the fans at the Hawthorns love him. The only downside is that he struggles to score, but put alongside someone clinical - or played on the wing he can be massively effective.

We were gutted to have lost him, and I have complete confidence that he will be a brilliant signing for you guys."

"Your going too be in for a nice surprise. Watch him link the play and bring Midfielders & Wide men into the game. his hold up play is 1st class , he is as strong as an Ox , no tough guy League one Centre Half is going to bully him about. Top draw Knit one Pearl one footballer , pass move , give and go - hit MAF and the ball sticks , oh , and he will run himself into the ground for you. Many a standing ovation coming his way this season , when he leaves the pitch cramped up after 80 minutes.
He will keep both Centre Halfs fully occupied with their hands being full entirely by himself. Don't fret over his Goals record - theres more than one way to skin a cat."

PUSB

Sounds terrible.

I glazed over anything but the bits where it says he struggles to score.

Booooo!! Time for TM to stand down.

Otis

To Mo Konic/McShufty song ...

Oh Fortune, oh,oh, oh oh,
Oh Fortune, oh, oh, oh oh.
He's old and cannot score
For nowt we wanted more.

SlowerThanPlatt

PUSB

What forum is that from?

ccfcway

I am not being negative about this, but those quotes were 2 years ago from a wigan forum.

He is now 34.

He should certainly do a job, but will naturally be slower than he was at 31/32

Johnnythespider

PUSB
Sounds just like cyrille, if he's half the player he was we're in for a fun season.

Johnnythespider

I am not being negative about this, but those quotes were 2 years ago from a wigan forum.

He is now 34.

He should certainly do a job, but will naturally be slower than he was at 31/32
34 is the new 24 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread