Mowbray says... / Marc-Antoine Fortune (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Is mowbray after any more strikers now or is that our lot for the season?

I think so...

We have all the following who can play up front:

Armstrong
Lateef
Thomas
MAF
Murphy
Tudgay

Need a creative player and a winger still. Would like another defender. TM said he wants a bit more cover there.

Still loads of free agents kicking around.

Gazolba

Weren't we promised a 6ft 2 in striker?

Mowbray said he needed three 20-goal a season strikers. I only see one, Armstrong, and he is only here for half a season. Tudgay and Fortune are probably 10-15 goal a season strikers if they play every game - which they wont.

Astute

Mowbray said he needed three 20-goal a season strikers. I only see one, Armstrong, and he is only here for half a season. Tudgay and Fortune are probably 10-15 goal a season strikers if they play every game - which they wont.

We don't know how Fortune will do with us. He may be older now, but he has always played at a higher level and for some big clubs. He might surprise a few. He might have lost a bit of pace. But he can certainly read the game better than most. How many defenders at our level are used to playing against someone like him?

Or put it another way. How many strikers do well at our level but struggle just going up one level?

covcity4life

Just watched all his youtube footage. Just what we need if he still plays that way at 34. Excited to see him play

Otis

Just watched all his youtube footage. Just what we need if he still plays that way at 34. Excited to see him play

Yep, me too. Exactly what we want for a plan B. Might even work well in our plan A.

Really looking forwards to seeing him in a Sky Blue shirt.

Hobo

Hahaha please tell me the last side to have three 20 goal a season strikers. Yes you need goals, but most top sides score throughout the side with strikers midfield and defenders chipping in. A tight defence is worth twenty goals a season. Some strikers may only get 10 or 12 but they can be very good at getting others into the game and on the ball and creating chances for others.
We are looking good for options At least on paper. Until they play you don't know what you get, but he should have the experience to benefit the team.

Users who are viewing this thread