Mowbray Front runner for Rotherham Job (2 Viewers)

Otis

Latest news is that Alan Stubbs is Rotherham's first choice by 'some distance.'

That's going to make TM feel really good if he himself eventually ends up getting the job.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

Latest news is that Alan Stubbs is Rotherham's first choice by 'some distance.'

That's going to make TM feel really good if he himself eventually ends up getting the job.

I guess Edinburgh is further away from Rotherham than Mogga's house in Middlesborough....

rupert_bear

Mowbray has a year left on his contract, if Rotherham or anyone else offer 3 year deal who could blame him for atleast considering it !

Paxman II

TM would in my opinion be wrong to make such a switch to a club likely to never grace any higher than championship level at best. There is only so much expected at such clubs to suggest they have had success, like staying in the championship for them. TM will want more ambition when he eventually moves on. Hopefully he may even achieve that ambition at Coventry in the next season or two. Just would not make sense for him to move to such a club...unless of course what he knows from SISU is not conducive to his plans and would perhaps scupper the progress he has made already.
The likelihood is we may be in the championship next year while Rotherham could be in league 1.

Ian1779

Why is it not true then?
Does it not work other ways.
It's an inherently negative piece. His 'rationale' in the article writing exists at every single club, at any given time. So what's the point of writing it other than to cause uncertainty in fans?

I bet if a different sports club's manager was wanted by another club there would not be an article like this following.

RegTheDonk

Jodi Jones signed for Cov in large part because of TM

Yes, and we were also able to get some (on paper) decent players to sign or pull in on loan, or hang onto them despite pressure for them to be recalled. I think his reputation and name does play a part in all that, despite it going pear shaped after Christmas.

Sky Blue Kid

It's an inherently negative piece. His 'rationale' in the article writing exists at every single club, at any given time. So what's the point of writing it other than to cause uncertainty in fans?

I bet if a different sports club's manager was wanted by another club there would not be an article like this following.
I'll tell you what mate, you chat a barrow load of s**t. The Welsh national team manager's profile was plastered all over the news and newspapers weeks before he signed to take over at the Millenium. Liverpool wanted Rogers...They got him, Man Utd wanted Moyes...They got him, Wigan wanted Martinez..They got him. All whilst still managing Their respective Clubs. All blatantly shown in newspapers and on TV weeks before they all moved to the new Clubs. Apart from Football and Rugby, all other "Sports" (By default) pale into insignificance.

hill83

Was there 'opinion' pieces by local reporters suggesting they should possibly leave the club they propose to follow? Genuine question.

Ian1779

I'll tell you what mate, you chat a barrow load of s**t. The Welsh national team manager's profile was plastered all over the news and newspapers weeks before he signed to take over at the Millenium. Liverpool wanted Rogers...They got him, Man Utd wanted Moyes...They got him, Wigan wanted Martinez..They got him. All whilst still managing Their respective Clubs. All blatantly shown in newspapers and on TV weeks before they all moved to the new Clubs. Apart from Football and Rugby, all other "Sports" (By default) pale into insignificance.

Yes - national TV and national papers. Not local 'opinions' in a city paper.

hill83

I'm not expecting you to be able to tell the difference to be honest.

In paper. Me see paper. It same.

Sky Blue Kid

Was there 'opinion' pieces by local reporters suggesting they should possibly leave the club they propose to follow? Genuine question.
The "Western Mail" and "South Wales Echo" had reports saying what a lot on here say... If he is moving to a better job, with better pay and prospects, then good luck to him(Brendan Rogers) "Genuine answer" ;) As for the other managers I can't say for definate. Only word of mouth from friends in the respective Cities Swansea/Liverpool/Manchester that the said managers moved from/to.
PS. Or doesn't these "Opinions count?"

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

The CET struggle to decipher opinion from fact the majority of the time.
Do you mean like the Simon Gilbert video I linked here yesterday? where Simon interviewed John Sharpe? I don't think he can Slander/Libel somebody whilst "Quoting"... Do you? :jawdrop:
chiefdave didn't watch/hear what Simon had to say properly, yet had a reply to my post!
Perhaps it was because it was my post.

Skyblueweeman

Speaks volumes, doesn't it Reg? Wether it was his choice or not, SISU had to have given permission! great ambitions for the Club eh!

So there's not a chance he could've gone behind SISUs back and had an interview? Just because he had an interview (which hasn't actually been confirmed I don't think), it doesn't mean SISU gave him permission.

I posted a link the other day that said they were interested in 6 candidates and they had interviewed 4. None of the 4 was TM.

Sky Blue Kid

So there's not a chance he could've gone behind SISUs back and had an interview? Just because he had an interview (which hasn't actually been confirmed I don't think), it doesn't mean SISU gave him permission.

I posted a link the other day that said they were interested in 6 candidates and they had interviewed 4. None of the 4 was TM.
If that's the case, what do the Mogga lovers think about him being untrustworthy then? Put it this way, I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve what Bawtryneal said in the OP ;)

Sky Blue Kid

BTW. I've got much more bile and hatred toward SISU if infact they did give him permission to speak to Rotherham.

Skyblueweeman

If that's the case, what do the Mogga lovers think about him being untrustworthy then? Put it this way, I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve what Bawtryneal said in the OP ;)

You'll have to ask them. As mentioned a thousand times, I've nailed my colours to the mast as far as TM is concerned.

I don't know why the OP would lie but by the same token, I don't know why someone in his position would post something so openly.

I work with all 92 clubs either directly or indirectly in my role but I don't post anything that is consider to be private information.

The OP posted it before anything was mentioned in the press. Just a little unprofessional in my eyes for a company director.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

You'll have to ask them. As mentioned a thousand times, I've nailed my colours to the mast as far as TM is concerned.

I don't know why the OP would lie but by the same token, I don't know why someone in his position would post something so openly.

I work with all 92 clubs either directly or indirectly in my role but I don't post anything that is consider to be private information.

The OP posted it before anything was mentioned in the press. Just a little unprofessional in my eyes for a company director.

Perhaps it was a "Company Director being "P***ed off after his company laid big money for sponsorship to the Club trying to steal the manager of the team he actually loves and supports. We've all got emotions mate, only some don't show openly like others.

MatthewWallis

Perhaps it was a "Company Director being "P***ed off after his company laid big money for sponsorship to the Club trying to steal the manager of the team he actually loves and supports. We've all got emotions mate, only some don't show openly like others.

He probably shouldn't be a company director if he gets upset about his football clubs manager going to another team and then posts private information on the Internet.

Sky Blue Kid

So you don't think anyone would notice such a high profile Football Manager going into Rotherhams ground? A bit naive if anyone thought differently ;)

Sky Blue Kid

He probably shouldn't be a company director if he gets upset about his football clubs manager going to another team and then posts private information on the Internet.
Perhaps the same should be said of Mogga(If what's offered by SBWM) Doesn't make him look very good (If true) does it;)

Skyblueweeman

Listen, I've heard transfer stuff about some of our players before but haven't confirmed anything concrete on here before. Regardless of emotion, a director needs to consider professionalism above other things.

Users who are viewing this thread