Meeting with Joy Seppala & Dave Boddy - Thursday 27th February 2020 (1 Viewer)

oldfiver

That explains a lot about your posts ;-)

City centres need businesses to be located there and functioning for a thriving city, the people spend money every day and retail/leisure survive successfully off them. Ideally, some reasonable non student residential as well as student resi can then help fill the other void spend times for those retail/leisure outlets.
It’s basic economics and place making but something this council has not understood for 30 years. I thought when they attracted ST that they had but stopped before no others coming.

The economics to the Council are "we can get twice the rent for a food outlet than we can for retail"
CCC have gone on for years about a John Lewis coming to Coventry and driving retail - why should JLP bother when for a rail ticket, that costs less than parking, can take a shopper in to the heart of Birmingham

Fergusons_Beard

It does mean the same thing. It’s shorthand for a cluster concept of general attempts to reverse the sale of the Ricoh. You blather on about bias all you want but it’s a weak as fuck point to try and make and serves literally no purpose than tired points scoring. It doesn’t move the debate forward or shed any light, it’s just you trying to show how you’re “better informed” than the person you’re arguing with.

It’s the equivalent to when someone’s DNS breaks and they say “the Internet is down” and I go “aha! You mean the World Wide Web, the Internet is the network of machines not the protocols for delivering websites. I am very smart.” Yeah that’s great mate but I still can’t access Google.

Or my mate who whoever he arrives at a house and is told to remove his shoes goes “but I’m wearing trainers”.

Pretending to not understand common language really isn’t the all conquering win you seem to think it is.

Shmeee it’s nothing at all like you have just said.

It’s spin pure and simple. Language used as a device to subvert the truth.

If it’s a complaint call it a complaint. If it’s a legal thing then call it legals.

You seem fairly educated with the whole thing yet you sucked in by language used to portray one side in a better light than another.

Both sides are fucking at it Shmeee before you accuse me of bias-just makes debate a bit simpler when we use the correct terminology.

Surely you heard of propaganda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sky Blue Pete

Don’t know if they have been reading on here but Mark and I were hoping to meet Cllr Duggjns to discuss economic impact but mainly to encourage him to get wasps and Sisu to agree to meet. Just received details and the meeting is with the leader and deputy of both parties and the legal advisor.

Be good to go armed with lots of information about economic impact of ccfc not playing in Coventry

Jcap

Don’t know if they have been reading on here but Mark and I were hoping to meet Cllr Duggjns to discuss economic impact but mainly to encourage him to get wasps and Sisu to agree to meet. Just received details and the meeting is with the leader and deputy of both parties and the legal advisor.

Be good to go armed with lots of information about economic impact of ccfc not playing in Coventry
Don't forget the positive social/health impact - I posted a BBC article about it a few pages back

RFC

With Lucas back on the scene I don’t think it’s likely to happen at least for 18 months or so!

Mucca Mad Boys

All meetings with the other parties were called off due to the coronavirus. Think as things start to normalise mark and I will contact parties again

Is there the possibility of kick starting these meetings on a video conferencing platform?

Sky Blue Pete

Is there the possibility of kick starting these meetings on a video conferencing platform?
There is definitely the possibility but there are clearly discussions going on with the two parties and they are all talking about playing next season at the Ricoh if a deal can be done. Mark and I fully intend to make contact with the club / owners to continue the discussion around the areas we discussed

Mucca Mad Boys

There is definitely the possibility but there are clearly discussions going on with the two parties and they are all talking about playing next season at the Ricoh if a deal can be done. Mark and I fully intend to make contact with the club / owners to continue the discussion around the areas we discussed

That’s good to hear!

If things go well and we return to the RICOH, do you and/or Mark have plans to engage with the club on a frequent basis?

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes as a member of the supporters forum as part of this forum but I do wonder if the time is right for something more meaningful and I think the club and owner would be open to that

For what it’s worth, I think the time has come for something new. We’re in a new, more positive chapter of our history (at least on the pitch) and the Trust, to me, is tone death (/wilfully ignorant) to the political situation between Wasps, ourselves and the council. Fresh perspectives and new voices needed.

Judging from the email from the Trust that was circulated, the organisation seems to be in disarray.

Please note that this is my ‘gut feeling’, so I could be terribly wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread