Meeting with Joy Seppala & Dave Boddy - Thursday 27th February 2020 (1 Viewer)

Grendel

this bloke is Comedy Ali where does he get this crap from?

Grendel

Is anyone able to identify 6 commercial sites currently for sale within 10 miles of The city centre?

Given 10 miles would extend well beyond the city boundary clearly not

shmmeee

The new site is not Ikea

Don’t think you’d fit a stadium on there. City Arcade is my pick for the city centre.

Sites Sisu are looking at likely to be large greenfield sites that won’t get housing permission. God knows what that is though. It’s a tough market where lots of sites are optioned already by the big developers.

Sites we know about have been bits of bigger estates: Woodlands, Warwick Uni, etc.

I think Warwick Uni is still the most likely if I were a betting man.

fernandopartridge

Don’t think you’d fit a stadium on there. City Arcade is my pick for the city centre.

Sites Sisu are looking at likely to be large greenfield sites that won’t get housing permission. God knows what that is though. It’s a tough market where lots of sites are optioned already by the big developers.

Sites we know about have been bits of bigger estates: Woodlands, Warwick Uni, etc.

TBH Medieval Spon Street does not work, if I was in charge and had all the cash. I'd be looking to lift Spon St again and recreate it elsewhere as well as demolishing the Sky Dome and Ikea. Then we'd have a large site fit for the new stadium which I'd name Spongate.

shmmeee

TBH Medieval Spon Street does not work, if I was in charge and had all the cash. I'd be looking to lift Spon St again and recreate it elsewhere as well as demolishing the Sky Dome and Ikea. Then we'd have a large site fit for the new stadium which I'd name Spongate.

Oh yeah, money and other businesses no object knock down everything from Spon Street over and do a mixed use ice hockey and football stadium type thing.

City Arcade is my thought just because of CCS which looks like it’ll go the same way as Belgrade Plaza and Friargate and any other overly ambitious regeneration project. Also CCS is such a white elephant in an era of internet shopping IMO.

mark82

Somewhere around Warwick Uni would make sense. Pickford Green, maybe? Baginton.

Centre of town isn't going to happen. There just isn't room.

shmmeee

Where would there be to drink if it was at Warwick Uni

SU?

It’s the same with any edge of town site really.

I was just looking at a map and that side of the City, or Brandon, or Ansty or Browns Lane seem to be the options.

Which is why I want it in the city centre. Even if it’s not possible a man can dream about knocking down large portions.

mark82

SU?

It’s the same with any edge of town site really.

I was just looking at a map and that side of the City, or Brandon, or Ansty or Browns Lane seem to be the options.

Which is why I want it in the city centre. Even if it’s not possible a man can dream about knocking down large portions.

Would've been good near the station if they hadn't just built a load of stuff round there.

shmmeee

Somewhere around Warwick Uni would make sense. Pickford Green, maybe? Baginton.

Centre of town isn't going to happen. There just isn't room.
Would've been good near the station if they hadn't just built a load of stuff round there.

Ive spent a good five minutes trying to place the footprint of the Ricoh minus the conference bit and still reckon you could squeeze it into next to the market or where Barracks is. Lift it up, add some retail around the bottom. 20k stadium that can drop to 10k for music and host CRFC if they outgrow the Butts which can go for student housing. Sorted.

mark82

Ive spent a good five minutes trying to place the footprint of the Ricoh minus the conference bit and still reckon you could squeeze it into next to the market or where Barratts is. Lift it up, add some retail around the bottom. 20k stadium that can drop to 10k for music and host CRFC if they outgrow the Butts which can go for student housing. Sorted.

Big enough to get up to 30k eventually?

skyblueinBaku

shmmeee

People like this are a menace perpetuating incorrect info and winding people up.

Thats such a weird post. The guy isn’t replying to anyone, all his other posts are about Brexit being ace, he has like 50 followers and follows no one. Very strange.

Grendel

Thats such a weird post. The guy isn’t replying to anyone, all his other posts are about Brexit being ace, he has like 50 followers and follows no one. Very strange.

Pretty certain it’s John Mutton

Users who are viewing this thread