MK Dons Thread (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A lot of people blaming the ref. sounds a good point to me and move on. Not many teams will come to mk dons and take away points.

Swindon next week. They owe us one I reckon.

I wouldn't say I blame the ref for the draw. We were lucky to get a point IMO with or without the refs help. He was very poor, poorest I've seen this season ( ;) ;) ) but we didn't help ourselves. Lost out on too many first and second balls, found it difficult to find one another with simple passes, not much happened up top for us, Jackson still needs to improve his fitness (should come with time), position Connor wS asked to play didn't suit him (Swanson is more of a getting forward player, Thomas isn't). Assume Swanson was injured?

Haynes MOTM for me

Kingokings204

I wouldn't say I blame the ref for the draw. We were lucky to get a point IMO with or without the refs help. He was very poor, poorest I've seen this season ( ;) ;) ) but we didn't help ourselves. Lost out on too many first and second balls, found it difficult to find one another with simple passes, not much happened up top for us, Jackson still needs to improve his fitness (should come with time), position Connor wS asked to play didn't suit him (Swanson is more of a getting forward player, Thomas isn't). Assume Swanson was injured?

Haynes MOTM for me

Thanks SW. Was on the ccfc wall all day and many said ref was poor. But looked at the Mach stats etc. It suggests an even game with mk dons edging it.

I agree about the system. It seems to really restrict us. Maybe we don't have the personal to do it justice? Although the 3-5-2 seems not to be working, We have only lost once in stoppage time with 2 clean sheets in 4 games. So I guess you can't have it all.

cornoccfc

Both teams as bad as each other in the attacking third.

Referee spoilt the game, blowing the whistle for nothing tackles and pretty much everything went MK Dons way.

Jordan Clarke had the best chance I think, not that there were many.

Worrying the only real attacking threat came when Reda Johnson decided to go on a couple of runs.

Some neat passing at times though, on the floor, but never progressed into dangerous attacks.

Crowd was terrible, half arsed PUSB on repeat, though the Citys Going Home Chanting was alright. Even the shout of BLUES BLUES ended in silence on numerous occasions.

Last edited:

ecky

JuST GOT BACK..

3 5 2 doesnt work and pressley must change it or he will be in trouble

no width, no pace, no creativity between midfield and forwards..

Mk Dons should have won 4-0

I couldn't see where a goal was going to come from?

Reda man of the match but everyone else gets a 5 from me

I have got to be honest i am worried about the future, there is a distinct lack of quality in the side due to sisu having sold and not reinvested in the squad.

Finally where is Baker? This game was crying out for him..

swisstony

The last third of the game was crying out for wingers.
With Miller and Jackson on we needed somebody to square the ball hard accross the box.
Also getting the ball wide is Flecks bread and butter.
Pressley needs to be able to switch formation during a game.
That's not a criticism as he has a limited squad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Firstly we were poor.

We have some really good ball players but too many of them are playing. Fleck, Swanson, O'Brien, Clarke, Tudgay and Mcquoid all show flashes of quality at different times but they all want the ball played directly to their feet, none of them want to run onto balls and none of them want to take on a man. Fleck has a good passing range but he has no runs to pick out, he only has people who stand still and want the ball played into their feet.

We have no power/driving force in centre midfield, a player who can carry the ball and move us 30 yards up the pitch within seconds.

No pace/power at striker, Mcquoid and Tudgay both play with their back to goal. They hold the ball up well and bring others into play but neither get into goalscoring positions, no one with a threat in behind the defence.

No speed or trickery on the wings, Clarke keeps possession well and is decent with the ball at his feet in terms of control and passing. He can't beat a man to save his life though and isn't aggressive or positive in his attacking play. Haynes shows promise but at the moment is a one trick pony, the MK right back worked him out within 30 minutes.

We defended really well, delighted to get a second clean sheet in 4 games.

All things considered an away point at MK has to be considered good but we have a lot of deficiencies going forward, it isn't a lack of quality imo but more massively unbalanced.

Hobo

Might have been a bit of a flat performance, but this is a good away point.

Ian1779

The game didn't flow at all due to the constant stop start from the ref... As a result neither side really got the chance to build any real momentum.

It was poor from both sides, and of MK Dons are going to be up in the play-offs then there is absolutely no reason why we wouldn't aswell.

Still unsure of the 352/532 set up. Would probably work better if the defence as a whole pushed up 5/10 yards.

Apparently he's injured but Baker could have a big impact in this team still. High wages or not he's as good as any other player out there today on either side.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm surprised that many fans have got an insightful view of the game, as that's the highest proportion of tanked up fans I've seen at a City game for a while. The half time rendition of twist and shout in the concourse/bar was right up there in terms of entertainment - thought the rent a bouncer mob were going to intervene - then thought better of it!!

Thought our side did well to get a point, when MK were clearly a bit more settled than us. Early days - but we'd have lost this comfortably in the second half of last season - so happy, overall.

CCFCSteve

Good away result and keeps us in the mix. Hopefully once the new players settle in and we're back home we'll get some momentum.

skybluelee

It was a good point away from home against supposedly one of the best sides in the league.

We are a new team playing a new formation and will get better.

Deserved our draw despite showing little in the final third. MK rarely got in behind us.

Haynes motm. Great prospect.

shmmeee

So looking at the comments from the last few games, is it fair to say the defence seems to have settled a bit and the addition (when fit) of Baker, Jackson and Coulibaly will improve things?

Also, great to hear Haynes had another good game. Someone's got to pay the bills next season ;)

wingy

Thought Pressley was gonna come on a deck the ref then!

Tudgay went off to change his shirt, did a Ballotelli with the bib routine so ref made him get it sorted off the field, then took an age to let him back on! 4th official had no clue. Think the headsets they supposedly use to communicate with must be broken!

Here's Pressleys opinion.

Think there's history here ,sent off 2 and awarded 4 pens at Gillingham last season.

Pressley was far less impressed with the contribution of referee Darren Sheldrake, particularly in regards to the first-half incident when Darren Tudgay removed his long-sleeved vest and tossed it over the line.
The referee promptly ordered him to leave the pitch and kept him waiting for two minutes before allowing City to return to full strength.
"I thought some of his decisions were incredibly bizarre," said Pressley, "and I told him that at the end of the game.
"He refereed us at Gillingham last season and I made a number of points about his performance to the supervisors. I was disappointed with him again today, very frustrated – but I don’t want that to overshadow my side’s performance."
cleardot.gif

SkyBlue_Bear83

The referee was a disgrace to football, should never be allowed on another football pitch again.

As said by Pressley he was supposedly very poor vs Gillingham, sound like he is the sort of character who gets a kick out of winding up fans, players and managers. Probably grew up living in his mums basement for the last 30 years and gets a thrill from having some sort of power for 90 minutes on a football pitch.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The referee was a disgrace to football, should never be allowed on another football pitch again.

As said by Pressley he was supposedly very poor vs Gillingham, sound like he is the sort of character who gets a kick out of winding up fans, players and managers. Probably grew up living in his mums basement for the last 30 years and gets a thrill from having some sort of power for 90 minutes on a football pitch.

He was awful at the Gillingham game too!

Sky Blue Harry H

Hindsight a great thing- but MK beating Man U 1-0 at the moment - shows how good our defence is :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread