Milton Keynes vs Coventry City Match Thread (EFL Trophy) - Tuesday Dec. 3rd (2 Viewers)

ccfc_Tom

Baka was fucking awful again. No striker instincts what so ever. Shipley was even worse when he came on. I hope neither is in the starting line up on sat.

Paxman II

I'm sort of celebrating we are out. A 'b' team and no way reflecks on the 'a' team. A few important game time moments for players coming back from injuries and players like Allen desperate for minutes and match fitness. So pleased with the useful purpose it served and we get to concentrate on the main goal of promtion.

Magwitch

Shame, I want to win every game, and Wembley again would have been nice, not seen game but what I caught on radio it seems yet again chances haven’t been taken, without looking back I can’t remember the last time a striker scored. It’s a big problem and I just hope Robins if allowed lands another striker early January it’s become imperative. Good to see Jodie Jones back though perhaps the only plus point him getting a bit of game time, get him up and running by the New Year and add a striker to what we have I reckon we will do okay.

steveo1987

Not a great game, just confirmed how poor Baka and the other so called fron players are.Pleasing to see Allen get a run out as well as Jodie.Glad that it's over so onwards and upwards

LilleSkyBlue

I thought we did pretty well in an entertaining game, but after missing that many chances and then conceding, the belief seemed to go out of us - out of us and right into MK Dons' bellies, unfortunately.

Oh man, you never feel Bakayoko or Kastaneer will score, however they're set up. I guess Kastaneer redeemed himself in my eyes with that run - to a point - but Baka really isn't good enough. I don't need any more evidence to make my mind up on him; I've seen that performance or worse so many times. Hiwula looked speedy and keen tonight. Obviously missed his chances though. I got momentarily excited at seeing Biamou but finally he didn't score either. That's the thing - our strikers are rested, dropped, played alone or in partnerships, get geed up in the press or suspended, look lively or sluggish but basically, at the end of it all, they hardly score any goals. And I include Godden in that.

Allen was industrious and showed good control. Williams looked in control but I can't yet get Andy Pearce out of my head when I see Drysdale, so I'll reserve judgement on him until those phantasms quit my psyche. O'Hare, Watson and Mason, yes.

JOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDIIIIIIIII JOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEESSSSS

cc84cov

Interesting to see how we will line up Saturday

2 up front ? But who from midfield drops out ? Does Allen make the starting 11

stevefloyd

Doubt Allen will start Saturday after playing all the match tonight but Shipley needs to progress not regress as he has done the past few games

Gazolba

Our strikers showed their consistency in not scoring.

hill83

This.

Seconded.

My thoughts exactly

+1

giphy.gif

Terry_dactyl

I thought we did pretty well in an entertaining game, but after missing that many chances and then conceding, the belief seemed to go out of us - out of us and right into MK Dons' bellies, unfortunately.

Oh man, you never feel Bakayoko or Kastaneer will score, however they're set up. I guess Kastaneer redeemed himself in my eyes with that run - to a point - but Baka really isn't good enough. I don't need any more evidence to make my mind up on him; I've seen that performance or worse so many times. Hiwula looked speedy and keen tonight. Obviously missed his chances though. I got momentarily excited at seeing Biamou but finally he didn't score either. That's the thing - our strikers are rested, dropped, played alone or in partnerships, get geed up in the press or suspended, look lively or sluggish but basically, at the end of it all, they hardly score any goals. And I include Godden in that.

Allen was industrious and showed good control. Williams looked in control but I can't yet get Andy Pearce out of my head when I see Drysdale, so I'll reserve judgement on him until those phantasms quit my psyche. O'Hare, Watson and Mason, yes.

JOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDIIIIIIIII JOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEESSSSS

Andy Pearce?!?!!?!?!! Shiiiiiiiiiiiit!

shmmeee

Only caught about an hour of the game but the front line looked OK up until the final shot. Some nice movement and Baka played some lovely touches.

All three just seem completely shot of confidence when it comes to shooting though. A front line full of confidence and we’d have won that 4-2.

stevefloyd

You can use all the excuses you want for Baka but at the end of the day even after he score in 2 consecutive matches....he aint very good for us

rob9872

What did he do wrong last night?
Depends what you expect from him. If running around a lot, being physical and chasing lost causes, then he did ok. On the other hand if you want to see goals from your centre forward or taking up intelligent spaces that create lots of room for others or perhaps at least some decision making to select the right ball, then noy so much.

Certainly not the worst last night though. Kastaneer was a clear winner there.

I'd also add Wilson continues to disappoint in goal, nowhere near commanding enough, Drysdale lacks pace, Hiwula missed some great opportunities too.

On thr upside Williams looked reasonable, dont know why behind Drysdale in the pecking order at present, Watson decent touches but defensively a bit to learn, Brandon solid, Allen looked classy and great to see a camro from JJ, I didn't realise he was that close.

4 games in that comp and bar the 2nd half Max show V Southampton I csnt say I'm disappointed not to have to go to any more!

Nick

Administrator
Depends what you expect from him. If running around a lot, being physical and chasing lost causes, then he did ok. On the other hand if you want to see goals from your centre forward or taking up intelligent spaces that create lots of room for others or perhaps at least some decision making to select the right ball, then noy so much.

Certainly not the worst last night though. Kastaneer was a clear winner there.

I'd also add Wilson continues to disappoint in goal, nowhere near commanding enough, Drysdale lacks pace, Hiwula missed some great opportunities too.

On thr upside Williams looked reasonable, dont know why behind Drysdale in the pecking order at present, Watson decent touches but defensively a bit to learn, Brandon solid, Allen looked classy and great to see a camro from JJ, I didn't realise he was that close.

4 games in that comp and bar the 2nd half Max show V Southampton I csnt say I'm disappointed not to have to go to any more!
Bakayoko in the first half was creating plenty of space and picking the right ball. That one to Kastaneer an example and he laid a few few out wide after holding it up well.

better days

Baka was fucking awful again. No striker instincts what so ever. Shipley was even worse when he came on. I hope neither is in the starting line up on sat.
Have to disagree Tom
I was at the game
He was by far the most effective of the front three
Hiwula and Kasta were put clean through several times and either dithered or panicked each time
Baka held the ball up well and brought others into play
And would have scored with a lovely header but for a great save from MK's keeper

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

As most have mentioned, we were disappointing in the final third but for a fiver you can't really complain, was a fairly entertaining match. It was great to see Jones get back on the pitch and Allen was impressive throughout. I don't rate Bakayoko particularly highly, neither do I Max, although I would probably edge slightly towards starting Biamou. However, there is undoubtedly some weird love/hate affair between our fans and the two of them. Bakayoko got berated by the fans for pretty much everything, but in the instance I am going to use, 'Not being physical enough or getting stuck in enough'. Max comes on and shirks out of about three physical battles instantly, and no one muttered the slightest groan. I don't really know why, but it seems a large portion of our fans want Bakayoko to fail and completely ignore any of Biamous faults.

shmmeee

As most have mentioned, we were disappointing in the final third but for a fiver you can't really complain, was a fairly entertaining match. It was great to see Jones get back on the pitch and Allen was impressive throughout. I don't rate Bakayoko particularly highly, neither do I Max, although I would probably edge slightly towards starting Biamou. However, there is undoubtedly some weird love/hate affair between our fans and the two of them. Bakayoko got berated by the fans for pretty much everything, but in the instance I am going to use, 'Not being physical enough or getting stuck in enough'. Max comes on and shirks out of about three physical battles instantly, and no one muttered the slightest groan. I don't really know why, but it seems a large portion of our fans want Bakayoko to fail and completely ignore any of Biamous faults.

He’s become a meme now and lots of middle aged beer bellies think it excuses their mess of a life to slate a 23 year old kid in the most extravagant way they can imagine.

covcity4life

shit cup blah blah but had we won we would be in quarter finals and close to a trip to wembley, what football fan doesnt excited by a quarter final of any cup competion?

that said we have been there done that and got the trophy so its not end of world. key players came back and now we look to more important game sat

Users who are viewing this thread