Max (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

You’re obviously upset and emotionally invested in him.

I'm no more emotionally invested in him than you are in slating him constantly.

Grendel

Absolutely not, I was agreeing with you

I know. It is ridiculous- describing him as a great player is a slap in the face to the true greats in this clubs history - it’s disgraceful

Grendel

Just think, we won't be having this argument soon

Thank god but when once every 10 league games he scores for Forest Green Rovers there will be a thread about it

Grendel

Evo1883

So Walker isn't a great player because he's not as good as Dion Dublin?

I think with this argument you have to separate eras and the level we were at .

Max wasn't great in this era

Dublin and Hutchinson were great for city

Grendel

I think with this argument you have to separate eras and the level we were at .

Max wasn't great in this era

he wouldn’t be great in any era

BornSlippySkyBlue

I’ll take that if you want?
I’m already on the hook for 20, I’ll stick there. Thanks though.

At this point I’d like to reiterate that this is a ‘curiosity’ bet (and a win win for me because versus are a charity close to home). I’m not claiming he will set league1 on fire, it would just add a bit of interest (and ensure that Mr Biamou gets regular airtime on our forum :LOL:). A subject close to your heart, it appears.

Grendel

What about O'Hare, he isnt as good as Tommy Hutchinson?

Clearly not. He’s not a great player is he? Great players are by definition hall of fame players like Hutchison Bourton and Glazier. These are players defined by greatness

In his peer group O Hare is of course great But not in the history of the club - in what definition is Biamou great at all?

Yorkshire SB

Why was he a great player? Surely Tommy Hutchison was a great player - no?

I think you’re misunderstanding my use of ‘great’, and also suggesting I’m saying he’s as good at Hutchinson, which I’m not. You have to think about the context. We signed him as a back up striker when we were in League 2.

Aside from Kelly and Shipley, he’s the only player who has regularly played from L2 to the championship with us. He’s made over 100 appearances, which in this era in the football league is not all that common.

Whilst he is a scorer of great goals, rather than many, some have been vital to the clubs recent history, Notts County sticks out.

This season we’d have been fucked if he didn’t come in and perform, which he did. Stepped up when he needed to, and proved he was an asset at this level, which I didn’t think he’d do.

I know players who are at clubs during positive eras tend to be viewed far more positively, but in my opinion he has been great.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think you’re misunderstanding my use of ‘great’, and also suggesting I’m saying he’s as good at Hutchinson, which I’m not. You have to think about the context. We signed him as a back up striker when we were in League 2.

Aside from Kelly and Shipley, he’s the only player who has regularly played from L2 to the championship with us. He’s made over 100 appearances, which in this era in the football league is not all that common.

Whilst he is a scorer of great goals, rather than many, some have been vital to the clubs recent history, Notts County sticks out.

This season we’d have been fucked if he didn’t come in and perform, which he did. Stepped up when he needed to, and proved he was an asset at this level, which I didn’t think he’d do.

I know players who are at clubs during positive eras tend to be viewed far more positively, but in my opinion he has been great.
Hyam played in L2 didn’t he?

Evo1883

Interesting point G. Think it's fair to say that Shipley played a big role in two promotions, bigger than Biamou for the second one certainly. He gets a ridiculous amount of criticism
Bakayoko made a similar contribution in league 1 to biamou .. one is constantly panned the other not so much

Users who are viewing this thread