Max (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Post match phone in has existed before and during the social media age. I can't remember specific calls, but yeah, I'm sure plenty of shite has been spoken on there throughout it's existence.

Didn’t someone on this board mention someone spewing nonsense on the CWR phone in saying we should sack Robins and play 4-4-2?

Or was that just @Grendel?

Low blow, I know!

Saddlebrains

I've been absolutely pelted on twitter for saying max isnt a legend. Fully lynched.

By people including someone who thinks hillsner will do a job for us while he cant get in the Oldham squad, and that baka was massively underrated'

Give up

Ccfcisparks

I've been absolutely pelted on twitter for saying max isnt a legend. Fully lynched.

By people including someone who thinks hillsner will do a job for us while he cant get in the Oldham squad, and that baka was massively underrated'

Give up
Assuming you are that Ollie Hall, I saw the outrage yesterday. Well OTT

SeaSeeEffCee

I like Max on a personal level. He's a good guy and there is no doubting that he's really bought into the club and given his all on the pitch, and from that respect I'm sad to see him go. However, he's not Championship standard and I think it shows good ambition from the club to move him on and look to bring in someone better. It would have been very easy to sit on their hands, keep him on a relatively low wages and make do, but the ruthless streak shows that we're not a club who value sentimentality over progress. I hope he finds a decent club where he gets to play every week, and it's shame that he didn't get one last game in front of the fans given how popular a figure he was, but it's time to move on.

And no, he's not a club 'legend' (although I'm sure he'll be invited to future Legends Days) but he's a cult hero and has written his name into the CCFC history books with some crucial goals over the years.

Joy Division

Not just younger fans

Now getting threats off them for asking who was getting a season ticket. Best watch my back at next season

Yeah that's what I mean, people going on about its the younger ones in response to the guy on facebook mentioning Kyle Walker instead of Tyler, when that guy himself is retired.

ProfessorbyGrace

Gallacher was about 1 in 3 in the Premier League wasn’t wasn’t he? Houchen is a better comparison
The comparison was based on his ability to chip in with a few important goals. Not his goals/games ratio. Nor the level at which said goals were scored.

cc84cov

Love max but it’s the right call ultimately I actually seen him a couple of days ago driving a Citroen lol he won’t be short of offers will be ok at league 1 level or as mentioned he might go Abroad.

All the best Max💙

Sick Boy

But isn't that part of the story, Biamou (and a couple of others, Shipley for example) have mirrored the progress of the club. We, as a club have been average at best in the Championship as has Max. It's been an exciting 4 years and 3 or 4 players have been a key part of that
…he hasn’t been a key player over the last 4 years.

Saddlebrains

Not just younger fans

Now getting threats off them for asking who was getting a season ticket. Best watch my back at next season

I've had twitter inboxes calling me a prick and all sorts. Mainly from the pubeless brigade so water off a ducks back, but honestly its unbelievable the kerfuffle its caused.

All i said was he isnt a legend and it makes me sick that people even class him in that bracket

hill83

I've had twitter inboxes calling me a prick and all sorts. Mainly from the pubeless brigade so water off a ducks back, but honestly its unbelievable the kerfuffle its caused.

All i said was he isnt a legend and it makes me sick that people even class him in that bracket

Why bother though? Complete waste of your time. Who cares if people think he’s a legend or not.

Saddlebrains

Why bother though? Complete waste of your time. Who cares if people think he’s a legend or not.

Because it irks me. A man who scored 14 goals in 4 seasons for us being banded about as if he's jesus reincarnated.

He scored some great goals. He did great things for the family zone etc. So we applaud him, thank him and move on.

The outpouring of grief on twitter and the like is pathetic. Its like hes died or he singlehandedly took us to the champions league final.

And also, our most influential player in Kelly has signed on for another 2 seasons. That was ignored by 90% of fans to focus on the max wankathon.

Terry_dactyl

Late to the party/wake as been unable to comment however...

I’m sad to see Max go but excited as by my calculations that means we’ll be signing 2 new strikers!

Garryb80

Imagine a squad with no backups or reserves. We have needed him on many occasions and he has done his best and stepped up to the plate. So many people love him, they are not all wrong. I'm not saying you are but allow people to say farewell without scorn please
You can't ask not to be scorned when you tell people their opinion is wrong

hill83

Because it irks me. A man who scored 14 goals in 4 seasons for us being banded about as if he's jesus reincarnated.

He scored some great goals. He did great things for the family zone etc. So we applaud him, thank him and move on.

The outpouring of grief on twitter and the like is pathetic. Its like hes died or he singlehandedly took us to the champions league final.

And also, our most influential player in Kelly has signed on for another 2 seasons. That was ignored by 90% of fans to focus on the max wankathon.

Still a waste of your time. Also saying it “makes you sick” if that is indeed what you said will get peoples backs up. Them coming back here to whisper about the other kids on Twitter. All schoolboy nonsense.

D

Deleted member 11652

The funniest thing is when they say ‘if Robbie Keane is a legend then so is Max’.

Saddlebrains

Instead of just shouting at everyone that they're wrong, take a moment and ask yourself why this is happening. Maybe it's important to have players that feel part of the club despite limited ability. Maybe that's ok. Maybe people can have their moment of feeling sad that a long-term player who gives his all and relates to the fans is leaving, why shouldn't they feel that? Why do you and others have to get so upset about this. It's comes across as mean-spirited. We are all pleased that kelly has signed but can't we feel both things?

I'm not shouting at everyone saying they're wrong. I had an opinion that he isnt a legend, gave examples of actual club legends and got virtually gang raped

Bugsy

I'm not shouting at everyone saying they're wrong. I had an opinion that he isnt a legend, gave examples of actual club legends and got virtually gang raped

and you enjoyed it....PUSB

Sick Boy

Imagine a squad with no backups or reserves. We have needed him on many occasions and he has done his best and stepped up to the plate. So many people love him, they are not all wrong. I'm not saying you are but allow people to say farewell without scorn please
I’m not scorning, I’ve been very complimentary to him over the last couple of days.

Happy_Martian

We've had some legends at the club and sadly, Max is not among their number. He may not even qualify as a cult figure. He was definitely a fan favourite who knew where the net was. 1 goal in 4 games ratio isn't bad compared to the strikers we have had over the last 10 years. Robins could have appeased everyone with a Pay as You Play contract but I'm sure Max would want game time rather than sitting on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread