Max (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

One thing is for certain, If any club scouts players from youtube clips of a player, then Max should easily find a club. Selection of worldie goals, Swindon, Yeovil and Peterborough near the top of the list,

covboy1987

Max was a great servant for us coming on the journey from league 2 - Football is a ruthless trade and with many favourite players down the years his time is up with us

Otis

I'll miss the guy...he loved the club and always gave 100%! I'll be checking his progress and hoping he does a JCH...
I'll be checking his progress too.

I like the bloke a lot and he's done alright for us. He's just not great, or a legend, not by any chalk.

He's done alright, but is not good enough for the Championship.

I think he will do just fine in League 2.

Paul Anthony

I'll miss his occasional overhead kicks, and no-one could ever accuse him of not trying, but realistically if we want to cement ourselves at this level, we need to be looking at better. A bridge too far, in the end.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

The guy must be kidding? Armstrong, McGoldrick, Wilson, Clarke, McNulty, Godden and Walker at least!
He has also since gone on to say we should get £750,000-£1.5 million for Marosi. Just a few things to digest there. One is that the price bracket is 100-200%, the other being that there is absolutely no chance hell we get anywhere near £750k let alone £1.5million.

Frostie

He has also since gone on to say we should get £750,000-£1.5 million for Marosi. Just a few things to digest there. One is that the price bracket is 100-200%, the other being that there is absolutely no chance hell we get anywhere near £750k let alone £1.5million.

Yep. I think the market is such now that you'll be very lucky to get even a small fee for any player deemed surplus to requirements.

SBAndy

I'm sure he slagged off Jordan Willis something rotten. He seems to see football through the opposite end of the telescope to me tbh.

Thought that when listening to the Lamptey podcast the other day. Some of the opinions are peculiar.

slowpoke

I think the best we can expect from any Marosi deal is perhaps part exchange/makeweight one.

Grendel

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Thought that when listening to the Lamptey podcast the other day. Some of the opinions are peculiar.
He didn't like Godden and even when he was netting most weeks in our promotion challenge it was all through gritted teeth while when Biamou won a header 'he had a quality game'. All very bizarre.

Mucca Mad Boys

He didn't like Godden and even when he was netting most weeks in our promotion challenge it was all through gritted teeth while when Biamou won a header 'he had a quality game'. All very bizarre.

Madness. There are games when Biamou played ‘better’ in open play than the likes of Godden or Walker. The difference is that the latter two will take the chances they get.

Games like Luton away shown exactly why we need to move on and improve the squad. We can’t be missing two 1v1s before going behind in games, particularly away from home.

Nick

Administrator
It really is worrying me at how much the "younger" fans don't seem to have a clue what they are talking about and how driven they are by social media.

No real brain of their own.

Joy Division

It really is worrying me at how much the "younger" fans don't seem to have a clue what they are talking about and how driven they are by social media.

How do you know they are they younger ones?

Skybluefaz

Isn't it more likely that people have always talked bollocks, it's just now that technology exposes us more to the opinions of people we would in the past never have shared a post match pint with etc so listened or heard their opinion.

I do agree that some people are influenced in their opinions by their perceived reception of an opinion though. Gotta get them likes.

Edit: Please like and subscribe

Last edited:

TomRad85

What's worrying me is that I haven't been able to comment on here for 3 days and I missed all the Max fun. Anyone else have any problems with that?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Gallacher was about 1 in 3 in the Premier League wasn’t wasn’t he? Houchen is a better comparison

Houchen is a perfect comparison except he could score with his head

Nick

Administrator
Isn't it more likely that people have always talked bollocks, it's just now that technology exposes us more to the opinions of people we would in the past never have shared a post match pint with etc so listened or heard their opinion.

I do agree that some people are influenced in their opinions by their perceived reception of an opinion though. Gotta get them likes.

If you look though, I guess it's more the people who have grown up with social media so the younger kids.

Absolutely batshit mental.

NorthernWisdom

Letters pages offered a microcosm in the past - MT Hancock!

Also remember after one of our narrow escapes (84-85? 85-86?) somebody writing in saying we should sign Bryan Robson from Man Utd, as that'd show some ambition.

There have indeed always been mentalists, just someone vetted some of them first!

Skybluefaz

Letters pages offered a microcosm in the past - MT Hancock!

Also remember after one of our narrow escapes (84-85? 85-86?) somebody writing in saying we should sign Bryan Robson from Man Utd, as that'd show some ambition.

There have indeed always been mentalists, just someone vetted some of them first!
Post match phone in has existed before and during the social media age. I can't remember specific calls, but yeah, I'm sure plenty of shite has been spoken on there throughout it's existence.

Users who are viewing this thread