Max (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Well yes he scored in the playoff semi finals .

But at the same time we could have got automatic had he taken some of his gazillion chances In league 2 during the season
Same way you could say that if Mcnulty didn't score 2 in 14 at the start of that season we would have been promoted automatically. It's all if's, buts and maybes.

pusbccfc

You’re obviously emotionally invested in him.
Yeah Hiwula…who was our top scorer 2018-2019.
Biamou was a reserve player in League 1 and wasn’t even our main striker in League 2.

That famous 2018/19 season that we did what?

Armstrong scored far more goals in his season and is a far, far better player but we achieved nothing that season.

You are either missing my point or dislike Max so much you are desperate to shoot down any praise.

Evo1883

Same way you could say that if Mcnulty didn't score 2 in 14 at the start of that season we would have been promoted automatically. It's all if's, buts and maybes.

It is , but biamou has never pulled up trees for city In the league , mcnulty did and pretty much got us promoted

Sky Blue Pete

Neither do his goals in the playoffs according to Grendel cus they are technically not in the league. Not sure why we are limiting our sample size to just League 2 also. He also contributed in League 1 in that Peterborough game, Ipswich draw, Bolton win, Southend Win, equaliser at Norwich, MOTM performance against Rotherham, Winner at Derby and goal at stoke. But the only relevant game is the newport one.
25 goals in110 games or so ain’t bad is it

Tommo1993

Let's be honest , his popularity came about due to his personality ..
He is amongst the Carl bakers in that regards , will we miss him as a footballer, absolutely not.

has he contributed yes , but in the same regard you can say the bizarre amount of sitters missed in league 2 helped make the season harder than it needed to be.
The same can be said about this season tbh .

He can head a ball , and he runs ..but his general all round play is currently below where we are at , and even arguably league 1.

Il place a bet with absolutely anybody on this board that wherever he goes he won't be scoring too many goals .

I'm genuinely glad this bizarre chapter is ending

I have never in my life known such an average footballer be adored so much

Think the rating of him amongst fans is more than love or hate. Different levels:

Blind, besotted love. ‘Best since 2008’. Bollocks.

‘Currently best striker at the club.’ Hmm nah.

Appreciated for what he is. Not prolific, hard worker, part of the recent turnaround era. We need to upgrade and adapt though. I’m probably in that bracket.

‘Never liked him’

Grendel level obsessed hatred.

Evo1883

This is pretty much what I think most are saying. I don't think anyone has ever really said he's a brilliant footballer.

He's like because he gave it his all and was with the club in it's most successful period in 20 odd years.

.Edit.

Knowl calling max biamou a legend is absolutely embarrassing .

Fishing for a few twitter likes is all

shmmeee

Genuine question: if we had a load of statues built to celebrate club legends, Oggy, Dion, Curtis, etc. Would people really have a Max statue?

I can’t see anyone honestly saying that would be the case.

Evo1883

Think the rating of him amongst fans is more than love or hate. Different levels:

Blind, besotted love. ‘Best since 2008’. Bollocks.

‘Currently best striker at the club.’ Hmm nah.

Appreciated for what he is. Not prolific, hard worker, part of the recent turnaround era. We need to upgrade and adapt though. I’m probably in that bracket.

‘Never liked him’

Grendel level obsessed hatred.

I've never truly taken to him , spent so many matches home and away totally frustrated with him .

slowpoke

Who gets the number 9 shirt

What this means is with Baka going too at least one newbie must be coming in perhaps two if Gyo isn’t one rather talk about that than Max,

BornSlippySkyBlue

Let's be honest , his popularity came about due to his personality ..
He is amongst the Carl bakers in that regards , will we miss him as a footballer, absolutely not.

has he contributed yes , but in the same regard you can say the bizarre amount of sitters missed in league 2 helped make the season harder than it needed to be.
The same can be said about this season tbh .

He can head a ball , and he runs ..but his general all round play is currently below where we are at , and even arguably league 1.

Il place a bet with absolutely anybody on this board that wherever he goes he won't be scoring too many goals .

I'm genuinely glad this bizarre chapter is ending

I have never in my life known such an average footballer be adored so much
It would actually be quite interesting (if he snags a move to L1 and plays regularly) to see how many he can score in a season. I’m not for one second saying he’d get 30 goals, just would be interested to see. What would your bet look like then? I’ll have a £20 for charity he scores more than 10 if he plays regularly (say 25 starts?), and not because I’m a fan boy, but because it would make for an interesting bet (and it’s for charidy mate).

Tommo1993

You have to remember .

This is a fanbase that wanted to drop Jacob murphy (1st team Premier league player ) to push Ryan Haynes (league 2 newport ) forward and play him on the wing because murphy didn't work hard enough .

Still would’ve chosen him permanently over Armstrong.

Evo1883

It would actually be quite interesting (if he snags a move to L1 and plays regularly) to see how many he can score in a season. I’m not for one second saying he’d get 30 goals, just would be interested to see. What would your bet look like then? I’ll have a £20 for charity he scores more than 10 if he plays regularly (say 25 starts?), and not because I’m a fan boy, but because it would make for an interesting bet (and it’s for charidy mate).

25 starts in league 1 ... 10 goals ?

That would indicate roughly a 17 goal season.

Considering he scored 5 in league 2 in 40 odd games il double your bet to the charity of your choice

BornSlippySkyBlue

25 starts in league 1 ... 10 goals ?

That would indicate roughly a 17 goal season.

Considering he scored 5 in league 2 in 40 odd games il double your bet to the charity of your choice
Well, like I said it wasn’t a challenge and I have very little confidence he will achieve it. So I’ll stick with £20 or not bother…

Sick Boy

That famous 2018/19 season that we did what?

Armstrong scored far more goals in his season and is a far, far better player but we achieved nothing that season.

You are either missing my point or dislike Max so much you are desperate to shoot down any praise.
…wow, just wow.

Yorkshire SB

Great player for us, should be remembered fondly for his contribution.
He did better than I expected this season and at one point he looked like he was really getting going, but missed a few big chances at key moments , and I think that was Robins’ mind made up.
Don’t understand the slandering, especially now he’s moving on. Always seemed proud to play for the club, and gave his all.

Grendel

I’ll take that if you want?

Grendel

Great player for us, should be remembered fondly for his contribution.
He did better than I expected this season and at one point he looked like he was really getting going, but missed a few big chances at key moments , and I think that was Robins’ mind made up.
Don’t understand the slandering, especially now he’s moving on. Always seemed proud to play for the club, and gave his all.

Why was he a great player? Surely Tommy Hutchison was a great player - no?

Users who are viewing this thread