Loan Watch (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

So what's the deal with bapaga then ?

Do we think he can grow into a player that would be suitable for championship football ?

I honestly don't know much about him

SlowerThanPlatt

Do we think he can grow into a player that would be suitable for championship football ?

Yes, he’s rated by the management here which is half the battle as a young player.

Grimsby fans said he took a couple of games to get up to speed but has been great since, tough league for an 18yo.

Evo1883

Yes, he’s rated by the management here which is half the battle as a young player.

Grimsby fans said he took a couple of games to get up to speed but has been great since, tough league for an 18yo.

Not massively different to lower league 2 really anymore is it .. some big clubs at that level now and like you said a very tough league for your first full season

Frostie

Yes, every chance.
He has a lot of technical ability. The areas he needed to improve are his physicality & his decision making & awareness, particularly off the ball. Seems to be making great strides at NL level which is about as tough an ask as you could give a player of his ilk.
Fingers crossed.

Evo1883

Yes, every chance.
He has a lot of technical ability. The areas he needed to improve are his physicality & his decision making & awareness, particularly off the ball. Seems to be making great strides at NL level which is about as tough an ask as you could give a player of his ilk.
Fingers crossed.

I do love a good academy story .

The lad bilson too , highly thought of ?

Frostie

I do love a good academy story .

The lad bilson too , highly thought of ?

Yep, I know some regular watchers had him as their U23 player of the year last season. His weakness was his distribution so he was kept around rather than loaned out last year to work on that & our playing out from the back style. I've not seen him play for a while but I believe he's kicked on (pardon the pun!).
As STP says this loan would have been ideal but unfortunately injury has derailed it somewhat.

higgs

Would be great to have another Maddison or Wilson break through soon. Is bapaga the most likely out of our current group?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

procdoc

Would be great to have another Maddison or Wilson break through soon. Is bapaga the most likely out of our current group?

I think Howley is very highly rated too. Isn’t George Burroughs also considered a top prospect for us?

larry_david

For bapaga to start to rip up and become so influential in the national league is great. Needs to continue consistency the whole season though.

Same with cashman, good start but not done much in 4-5 games now

procdoc

For bapaga to start to rip up and become so influential in the national league is great. Needs to continue consistency the whole season though.

Same with cashman, good start but not done much in 4-5 games now
To be fair to Cashman the whole Rochdale team have gone completely off the boil

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah manager probably taking him out of the limelight for a bit. When you get a chance need to take it, the part where you find yourself out of the team and how you respond is just as important as playing imo in development

blunted

Highlights here.

First assist 3:20
Second 'assist' 5:00
Goal 8:45

Grimsby have a few big buggers. Any that would be good enough for us? The camera man seemed to have a thing for the rather attractive camera woman. Perhaps we should sign her to do our You Tube highlights.

SlowerThanPlatt

Can Bapaga be recalled January or is it a twelve month deal ,

It’s until the end of the season and we let him play in the FA Cup. Robins and Paul Hurst go a long way back and in good hands playing in a winning team - there’s no rush he’s 18. The Grimsby fans have said he’s improved a lot

higgs

That's great experience for him better than sitting on the bench

fernandopartridge

National League is a million miles from the Championship. If we were going to recall him it would be to get him a L1/2 loan instead IMO.
The difference between L2 and the Conference isn't that big tbf, if he's playing regularly and contributing we'll keep him there.

SBchimp

more chance of being the next George Thomas :unsure: but he's clearly enjoying his football right now so who knows

no_loyalty

Bapaga came on in the 90th minute for Grimsby yesterday, Cashman an unused substitute for Rochdale.

Users who are viewing this thread