Loan Watch (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Thought with a few players out loan it'd be good to track how our players are doing out on loan.

Kyel Reid - Colchester
Jordan Turnbull - Patrick Thistle
Kwame Thomas - Sutton
Jordon Thompson - Barrow

Will try and update this thread as much as possible

Otis

We totally and utterly have improved since Turnbull's departure I would say.

Reid, no loss and Thomas we expect to come back anyway don't we?

lifeskyblue

I thought turnbull going was a loss...how wrong can you get. As for Reid...great on his day and should rip this league apart but how reliable a performer is he...no real loss. Thomas...needed games so good for his to go on loan but Sod's law as soon as he goes we get a few striker injuries. Again no great loss and hope he returns stronger, fitter and a little less like bambi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

We totally and utterly have improved since Turnbull's departure I would say.

Reid, no loss and Thomas we expect to come back anyway don't we?
You would of thought Thomas is out getting match mituites/fitness. With it being a 1 month loan and with McNulty AND Andrue both injured, you'd like to think he'll be back soon.

Agree with Turnbull and although I think Reed could offer us something, he clearly doesn't want to be here so out of sight out of mind. Don't care how he's getting on and don't want to know either!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

vow

Watched Partick Thistle v Rangers tonight 2-2.
Turnbull played 90 mins did ok, didn't get close enough to the striker for Rangers first goal. Compared to concrete Rod, it's like night and day though, with McDonald looking assured and tough in the tackle.
As a side note, Adam Barton played for Thistle in midfield, did an ok job, but again, we've moved on to better players now.

skybluegod

Everyone is praising Turnbull on twitter for his performance, don't see why he went up there, it is such a poor standard

SlowerThanPlatt

Kwame injured again? Not on the bench either. Poor lad seems to have terrible luck if he's picked up another knock or something long term

vow

Kwame injured again? Not on the bench either. Poor lad seems to have terrible luck if he's picked up another knock or something long term

Poor kid, hope it's not long term and just a niggle. Isn't his contract up at the end of this season too?

SlowerThanPlatt

Kyel Reid not in Colchester's squad either

Jordon Thompson starts at centre-back for Barrow against Torquay. Staff there must have a lot of confidence in his ability to put him in straight away at his age

vow

Has he had injury problems throughout his career, or is it just here?
Dunno about his time at Derby or loan's he had, but I remember him having a bad injury in the first game he played for us under Mowbray, I believe he had to have an operation too?
When I've seen him play he does seem to go a bit gung-ho in his challenges and seems to come off worse!

Otis

Dunno about his time at Derby or loan's he had, but I remember him having a bad injury in the first game he played for us under Mowbray, I believe he had to have an operation too?
When I've seen him play he does seem to go a bit gung-ho in his challenges and seems to come off worse!
Yeah, I remember. I think I recall one that if he had gone properly into the tackle he probably wouldn't have come off worst.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've got an old watch you can loan for a while. It's a Timex. It stopped working years ago but it's right twice a day! ;)

Pete in Portugal

Kwame Thomas was subbed off due to injury in his second game for Sutton Utd. He managed a total of 159 mins beore getting injured. I can't find any details of his injury, but if it's ongoing, I suppose he'll return for an assessment just like Reid.

SlowerThanPlatt

Action this week:

Jordan Turnbull's Partrick Thistle against Hearts

Kyel Reid's Colchester against Wycombe

Kwame Thomas' Sutton against Jordon Thompson's Barrow

skybluegod

Kwame scores for Sutton today. Apparently a cross that evaded everyone and creeped in but they all count

Edit: wrong Thomas, it was their full back that scored. Typical shit reporting by BBC who said it was kwame.

Terry Gibson's perm

Kwame came on as a 75th minute sub for Sutton yesterday.

Not turning out to be the loan move we had all hoped for him!

Waste of time him being there and hopefully we have learnt a lesson about sending players there if they are not going to use them, looking at the two deals so far this is a poor link up as the striker we have signed from them is worse than the one we sent them on loan.

Sky Blue Pete

Waste of time him being there and hopefully we have learnt a lesson about sending players there if they are not going to use them, looking at the two deals so far this is a poor link up as the striker we have signed from them is worse than the one we sent them on loan.
Disagree - Biamou is coming on really well

better days

The loan expires next Saturday
As The Duke will be away on International duty he may come back as we have a heap of games coming up

steve82

Biamou is still adapting, caused Swindon a host of problems and is just starting to settle. Put decent balls into the box for him to attack and he will score soon, currently he's doing more work with his back to goal like Beavon does but bringing others into it like nazon to feed off.

He will come good

Users who are viewing this thread