Loan Watch (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

It's one that is incredibly soft but you need to know what has been going on in the game. he was obviously already on a yellow. Maybe he's been putting himself out a bit more and the ref had given him a final final warning.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I've seen it a few times but it tends to be one where the refs give a bit of leeway with it. More of a don't do it again type of thing rather than a yellow. It's the jump that does it for this one I reckon.

Probably. Sometimes you do stuff like that without thinking and maybe the ref could have just had a word. Fact that stuff like this has a defined sanction whereas fouls etc have an element of discretion. I wouldn't have this as any worse than just a bog standard foul that a free kick is given for, so why this is deemed worthy of a yellow but the foul wouldn't be I don't know.

larry_david

He's given him a decision to make with the little jump. They were 0-3 up, they weren't going to score from that throw in and looking to score more by the sounds of it. Learning curve. Stupid yellow but don't give the ref a decision to make.

On a note about Grimsby, they are flying and Will B is a part of that, it's great to see.

Gibbo

He's given him a decision to make with the little jump. They were 0-3 up, they weren't going to score from that throw in and looking to score more by the sounds of it. Learning curve. Stupid yellow but don't give the ref a decision to make.

On a note about Grimsby, they are flying and Will B will be a part of that, it's great to see.
Minor but pleasing edit....

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t get why it’s a booking? He’s retreating and the players taken the throw-in, he’s blocked it. Is there a set distance you’re meant to be from the throw-in? I know you’re not allowed to stand directly in front of the thrower, but he’s not.
Yep 2m I think

Philosorapter

I would say jumping cause it looks like he's obstructing play as he has veered off course whilst retreating and interfered with play. There's is/was a rule in rugby where you can intercept the ball running back from an offside position but you can't deviate from your trajectory and that would include jumping for the ball. This can lead to all sorts of skullduggery with a well-timed run. Whether there is the same rule in football or similar I don't really know, or if it is a sending-off offense.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Bapaga goal last night

Grimsby Telegraph:

Will Bapaga - 8

He looks so dangerous. A lovely jinking run from left to right before he then opened the scoring. Showed great composure after Taylor's cutback and fired in with his left foot at the near post. Was sent off for two yellow cards, which seemed very harsh.

larry_david

Liking these. Some good content coming out of the club

Agreed.

Aiming to be back training by November, only a month away. Such a shitter he got smashed first game though, he'd prob have 12 games under his belt at this point already.

Trueskyblue20

Nice to see Jack Burroughs getting 90 minutes for Scotland U21 against Denmark yesterday.

Whilst he didn’t set the world on fire, he was tidy and had a few good moments including beating a couple of defenders to break into the box which will only boost his confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBT

Love how they'd written it word for word, to be fair. They could have taken out some of the random words, to be fair.

To be fair, seems like it was written by the Media Assistant, so a pretty junior staffer y'know. Still shouldn't have all those spelling mistakes, to be fair, but hopefully they'll get better in time.

SlowerThanPlatt

Cashman reverts back to his super sub role for Rochdale v Crawley

Bapaga suspended for Grimsby, back in contention next week for their FA Cup tie

SlowerThanPlatt

Cashman gets 27 minutes but Rochdale fall to their fifth successive defeat. After a promising start it’s gone downhill quickly there

no_loyalty

Bapaga played in the Callum O’Hare roll for Grimsby yesterday, and by all accounts had a superb game (albeit against lowly opposition). Cashman started for Rochdale yesterday against Swindon, and was substituted in the 90th minute.

SlowerThanPlatt

Bapaga played in the Callum O’Hare roll for Grimsby yesterday, and by all accounts had a superb game (albeit against lowly opposition). Cashman started for Rochdale yesterday against Swindon, and was substituted in the 90th minute.

Reading comments from Rochdale fans he struggles to impress when he starts games and is better from the bench. The stats do back that up (75% of his goal contributions L2 from there)

Users who are viewing this thread