Loan Watch (2 Viewers)

larry_david

Speaking about Bapaga, Hurst said: “Sometimes you’re coming in, and even today at times, decision-making and understanding the role because he’s not played in that position in a four, so there were times where I don’t want to have to keep telling him, and I don’t want players out there telling him to be when he’s not quite in the right position.

“But attacking-wise, he’s starting to show the attributes he has. He’s, for want of a better word, a slippery sort of customer, wriggles out of situations, won us a couple of penalties, and I’m delighted that he managed to get his goal as well.”

shmmeee

Speaking about Bapaga, Hurst said: “Sometimes you’re coming in, and even today at times, decision-making and understanding the role because he’s not played in that position in a four, so there were times where I don’t want to have to keep telling him, and I don’t want players out there telling him to be when he’s not quite in the right position.

“But attacking-wise, he’s starting to show the attributes he has. He’s, for want of a better word, a slippery sort of customer, wriggles out of situations, won us a couple of penalties, and I’m delighted that he managed to get his goal as well.”

Sounds similar to what we’ve said TBH. Raw talent needs to learn the game more. That’s why he’s there after all.

larry_david

Yep needed to get his head down and earn that spot, and then keep that spot. Seems he's going the right way. He's won 3 pens in two games, be good if he keeps getting back up after being hacked down.

I look forward to the highlights when they're out

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Yep needed to get his head down and earn that spot, and then keep that spot. Seems he's going the right way. He's won 3 pens in two games, be good if he keeps getting back up after being hacked down.

I look forward to the highlights when they're out
Highlights are up. Took his goal well and 2 blatant pens. Commentator a bit calmer this game. Oh and look out for the ref giving a free-kick at 6:10... :oops:

Sky Blue Harry H

Highlights are up. Took his goal well and 2 blatant pens. Commentator a bit calmer this game. Oh and look out for the ref giving a free-kick at 6:10... :oops:

Grimsby play some decent football. looking at that. Look like they'd be fine in L2

larry_david

Will bapaga starts tonight (shock). Gotta keep them performances coming now!

Cashman on the bench in the egl trophy

Frostie

They've given away two goals since and now under the cosh. A valuable lesson.

Having said that grimsby fans are livid with the ref, apparently they have 'history' with him

Trying to retreat but really given no time before the Altrincham player intentionally throws it at him. The jump does him no favours though.

shmmeee

Trying to retreat but really given no time before the Altrincham player intentionally throws it at him. The jump does him no favours though.

So next time an opponent is standing in front of the ball for a free kick we can just kick it at them and get them booked?

hill83

So next time an opponent is standing in front of the ball for a free kick we can just kick it at them and get them booked?

One of my earliest memories of watching us is Oggy doing exactly that at Highfield Road.

Terry_dactyl

I’m pretty sure players have to retreat from the ball at a free kick and if they don’t it’s a booking…at least I think that was the rule, these things seem to change.

As someone else pointed out Bapaga jumped to block it. I think it’s probably a booking, albeit a really cheap one.

kg82

I’m pretty sure players have to retreat from the ball at a free kick and if they don’t it’s a booking…at least I think that was the rule, these things seem to change.

As someone else pointed out Bapaga jumped to block it. I think it’s probably a booking, albeit a really cheap one.
I don’t get why it’s a booking? He’s retreating and the players taken the throw-in, he’s blocked it. Is there a set distance you’re meant to be from the throw-in? I know you’re not allowed to stand directly in front of the thrower, but he’s not.

hill83

I don’t get why it’s a booking? He’s retreating and the players taken the throw-in, he’s blocked it. Is there a set distance you’re meant to be from the throw-in? I know you’re not allowed to stand directly in front of the thrower, but he’s not.

2 metres I think

Users who are viewing this thread