Listen To Me Just Hear Me Out (3 Viewers)

CCFC54321

Sorry but I have to disagree.
I said earlier that with the exception of Peterboro I don't think anyone has invested as much in their forward line as we have so don't buy this no money excuse.
Look at the league one top scorer table, many players in there cost less than Baka let alone Godden, (or last year Chaplin).
I'm not calling for Robins head but he needs to sort it out.
The issues we are experiencing now are a carbon copy of last season.
It's not acceptable that he hasn't found a solution when it's been going on for so long.
Again, let me reiterate, I'm not calling for his head.
100% with this. Everyone at work including myself is saying the same thing. The recruitment of forwards over the last few seasons has become a concern. We just can’t get it right. Either they are plain just not good enough or they are but injury prone.

We’re doing something wrong so let’s hope Robins gets it right.

Skybluefaz

Sorry but I have to disagree.
I said earlier that with the exception of Peterboro I don't think anyone has invested as much in their forward line as we have so don't buy this no money excuse.
Look at the league one top scorer table, many players in there cost less than Baka let alone Godden, (or last year Chaplin).
I'm not calling for Robins head but he needs to sort it out.
The issues we are experiencing now are a carbon copy of last season.
It's not acceptable that he hasn't found a solution when it's been going on for so long.
Again, let me reiterate, I'm not calling for his head.
Going over early today. We'll have to have a wee Xmas drink if I see you. Creme de menth or something

Grendel

Bore off Moron. The rest of us will enjoy a highly deserved win and our place in the top 5.

Actually many of us are expressing real concern in a mature and adult way that we are likely to miss an opportunity largely down to a managers inflexible approach

Was cold today. Hope you had some central heating on

BackRoomRummermill

With the games in hand around us we could well be out the top 6 in fact we will , with a shite goal difference , so anybody getting excited needs a reality pill . Get 3 wins back to back then we will be in with a shout of the playoffs . Robins needs to step up his activity

DannyThomas_1981

Actually many of us are expressing real concern in a mature and adult way that we are likely to miss an opportunity largely down to a managers inflexible approach

Was cold today. Hope you had some central heating on

Not sure you have the best reputation for expressing your views in a mature and balanced way. You seem to be calling yourself mature and balanced of late but your posts are invariably negative, near abusive towards many of our own players and 100% condescending to most posters.

By your standards though, your original post was relatively well expressed and articulated some concerns that I actually agree with.

But calling for a taxi for Robins when he's achieved so much and has built a very exciting squad with real potential - was ridiculous.

As for your pathetic slight ('hope you had the central heating on') - yes I have a job, yes my job means I'm posted overseas and I've never denied that. If it makes you feel better that you're some kind of super fan as you've never left the Midlands - then so be it. Moron.

One thing I'm certain of - I bet you're disappointed we won today.

DannyThomas_1981

With the games in hand around us we could well be out the top 6 in fact we will , with a shite goal difference , so anybody getting excited needs a reality pill . Get 3 wins back to back then we will be in with a shout of the playoffs . Robins needs to step up his activity

We should be excited Back Room.
We've dominated most of the games I've seen this season.
We are close to full strength with key players returning to full fitness. We hardly concede any goals.
The quality of the bench today was the best I have seen in many years.
Jodi Jones is not far away.
And we have the January window.
The foundations are there for a real go at it in 2020.
Happy Christmas!

Grendel

Is 2 points off the autos acceptable @Grendel?

It was acceptable when Mowbray was here but the cracks were showing

Let’s see where we are by the middle of January

We are 3 points of half way as well

Skybluefaz

Mate. I get some of the frustration, today we should have gone 2 up top. But, had we not been shafted out of the points at Bolton we'd be level points for 2nd. Robins is doing the business. I have faith.

Skybluefaz

It was acceptable when Mowbray was here but the cracks were showing

Let’s see where we are by the middle of January

We are 3 points of half way as well
You could do me the solid of answering the question. Mid January was not your sliding doors moment last week. Last week was. Are you unhappy with what Robins has done? Or should we twist and try and get in the tactical genius that is Gareth Ainsworth?

Grendel

You could do me the solid of answering the question. Mid January was not your sliding doors moment last week. Last week was. Are you unhappy with what Robins has done? Or should we twist and try and get in the tactical genius that is Gareth Ainsworth?

I think we will fall away and not be in the top 6

Whet about you and where from where we are is acceptable to you?

Grendel

Also read my opening post in detail I did not say change now did I?

ps1948

This is a division which will be difficult to get out of, yet we are 5th, having lost only 3 league games so far, so I feel optimistic.

Last week Oxford lost to MK, the week before they drew at home to Shrewsbury, Yet this week they've beaten Wycombe. I wonder how many of their fans were calling for Robinson's head last week.

Wycombe are top with a great record, but they have had a really lucky run as far as injuries have gone - far fewer than us. They have scored just 4 more than us - they have done what we haven't and ground out results. How many on here would like to have Akinfenwa playing for us?

Bristol Rovers are above us by only one point, with a goal difference of +4, with the wonderful Clarke-Harris failing to score yet again today, and one of their defeats being at home against Bolton. They were also probably among the worst 2 or 3 teams we've played at St Andrews, and their manager has just jumped ship to go to Mansfield.

For all the goals they've scored Peterborough are only 2 points in front of us - and yes, we should have held on and beaten them, and would have been in front of them if we had done so.

I'm very much of the opinion that the glass is half-full, and could have been very full if we hadn't thrown away all of those last-minute points.

This is a forum with many different opinions and I respect most of them, but I do wonder why certain people come on here and constantly slag off the Manager, various players, etc. They would be best suited to supporting teams like Arsenal whose fans cannot accept that they aren't winning every single game, just because they are Arsenal.

PUSB

SlowerThanPlatt

This is a division which will be difficult to get out of, yet we are 5th, having lost only 3 league games so far, so I feel optimistic.

Last week Oxford lost to MK, the week before they drew at home to Shrewsbury, Yet this week they've beaten Wycombe. I wonder how many of their fans were calling for Robinson's head last week.

Wycombe are top with a great record, but they have had a really lucky run as far as injuries have gone - far fewer than us. They have scored just 4 more than us - they have done what we haven't and ground out results. How many on here would like to have Akinfenwa playing for us?

Bristol Rovers are above us by only one point, with a goal difference of +4, with the wonderful Clarke-Harris failing to score yet again todayand one of their defeats being at home against Bolton. They were also probably among the worst 2 or 3 teams we've played at St Andrews, and their manager has just jumped ship to go to Mansfield.

For all the goals they've scored Peterborough are only 2 points in front of us - and yes, we should have held on and beaten them, and would have been in front of them if we had done so.

I'm very much of the opinion that the glass is half-full, and could have been very full if we hadn't thrown away all of those last-minute points.

This is a forum with many different opinions and I respect most of them, but I do wonder why certain people come on here and constantly slag off the Manager, various players, etc. They would be best suited to supporting teams like Arsenal whose fans cannot accept that they aren't winning every single game, just because they are Arsenal.

PUSB

What? It was his first game back today from injury coming on as a sub in the 65th minute. He scored in his previous three games before that against Wimbledon, Rotherham and Southend

This season he’s scored 8 goals in 12 league games

Grendel

What? It was his first game back today from injury coming on as a sub in the 65th minute. He scored in his previous three games before that against Wimbledon, Rotherham and Southend

I know it’s pointless having a rational discussion with these people. I think he would rather have 8 selfies and 2 goals

ps1948

Hands up from me! Didn't do enough research on that, but I still stand by the fact that he didn't do anything against us at St Andrews in the 72 minutes he played before being subbed (researched it right this time....). I expect he'll put it right when we play them down there.

Hullinho87

Grendel.

You went too early with all this nonsense son.
Awful timing.

I’m not saying Robins is the man (apart from he is) but the timing of this “taxi for Robins” equivalent was way off. Way off boy!

You have lost the dressing room.

PUSB.

PVA

The last time someone started a taxi for Robins thread we went on a great run, finished in the playoffs and got promoted.

giphy.gif

Evo1883

Where the club is now and how the team plays its football compared to the day Robins took over.... Its a safe bet to stick with him and let him finish his job here.

We are light years ahead of the side that we went down to league 2 with... And its been done in a relatively short period of time

Londonccfcfan

Lots of it’s and buts.

Let’s take the facts. We haven’t won away for 11 league games and the home form we were banking on is not play off level either recently.

Surely this is part of football? If a player performs poorly, they get criticised. If a player performs well, they get praised.

And we are actually closer to 12th than the automatics - everyone up to 13th has a game in hand too

Lol

Users who are viewing this thread