Listen To Me Just Hear Me Out (2 Viewers)

Grendel

You were seeking attention in the threads OP itself by using the “taxi” stuff and almost literally
asking for some sort of attention with the thread title.

No I was expressing a view

harvey098

It’s not boom or bust though is it? Over a period of games we’ve flatlined - you are fixated on not losing games - you could theoretically remain unbeaten and go down

We are very predictable and teams tend to always be in the game and our away form is some of the worst in the division

No one can say it’s impacting the players not being in Coventry as it’s only St Andrews results which have kept the club in the top half. Another big game looming next week against another out of form team. Ipswich by the way also are on a very poor run themselves and cup games are different mentality matches.

I don’t think any of the top 6 teams would look at any forward we have and consider them worthy of being in their squad. Despite the fact they’ve cost more money collectively than we’ve spent for years. Is that gold do you think?

You also just asked who slagged off Godden... well, you, earlier in this very thread said he wouldn’t even get into the SQUAD of any of the top 6 teams. I’ve highlighted it in bold for you here :)

Skybluefaz

You also just asked who slagged off Godden... well, you, earlier in this very thread said he wouldn’t even get into the SQUAD of any of the top 6 teams.
giphy.gif

Grendel

Here is the £50 bet you deny. Happy new year x

What was the actual post I replied to? It was about someone betting on the top 3 places wasn’t it, I certainly wasn’t saying a top 6 bet

Happy New Year xx

Grendel

You also just asked who slagged off Godden... well, you, earlier in this very thread said he wouldn’t even get into the SQUAD of any of the top 6 teams. I’ve highlighted it in bold for you here :)

Nope as Godden I assumed was long term injured and again the response was aimed at the forwards in question

Grendel

Yes just checked - it was in response to a claim we’d make a charge and finish second - oh well

Grendel

harvey098

The whole conversation was about the top 6. Sometimes it’s better to just admit you were wrong. (By the way I’m not saying we will finish top 6, it’s a long season yet and we’ve been here so many times before)

Attachments

• E2DDF049-0439-442A-BF0C-DCE6159A228E.png
    E2DDF049-0439-442A-BF0C-DCE6159A228E.png
    382.3 KB · Views: 32

Grendel

The whole conversation was about the top 6. Sometimes it’s better to just admit you were wrong. (By the way I’m not saying we will finish top 6, it’s a long season yet and we’ve been here so many times before)

I would not have offered a bet on the top 6 as the whole point of the thread is to remain in the top 6. It was top 2 - though as you take about 10 years to pay a bet id not do it with you if it was top 10

TTG

New years day, halfway through the season.

1 point off 2nd and 4 points off 1st, with a game in hand on both.

3 defeats, the fewest in the league.

Is the taxi still warming up? Going round and round on the ring road? Ran out of fuel?
*Birmingham ring road (do they have one?)

Grendel

This would be believable except he played in the game you made this thread about. Go on, what’s you’re new excuse?

There is no “excuse” it’s farcical to crawl through thousands of threads to try and make points - unlike you and DT I’ll offer opinions and not sit with splinters on my arse

harvey098

There is no “excuse” it’s farcical to crawl through thousands of threads to try and make points - unlike you and DT I’ll offer opinions and not sit with splinters on my arse

SBT - “people wrote off Godden”
Grendel - “who”
SBT - “well you yourself said after the Lincoln game that he wouldn’t get into the squad of any top 6 team”
Grendel - Well I didn’t mean Godden because at the time of the Lincoln game I thought he would be long term injured.
SBT - Godden played in the Lincoln game
Grendel - I oFfeR oPINionS

That is how that exchange just went. You’re like the Donald Trump of SBT. It doesn’t make you less of a man to admit you’re wrong sometimes.

Grendel

SBT - “people wrote off Godden”
Grendel - “who”
SBT - “well you yourself said after the Lincoln game that he wouldn’t get into the squad of any top 6 team”
Grendel - Well I didn’t mean Godden because at the time of the Lincoln game I thought he would be long term injured.
SBT - Godden played in the Lincoln game
Grendel - I oFfeR oPINionS

That is how that exchange just went. You’re like the Donald Trump of SBT. It doesn’t make you less of a man to admit you’re wrong sometimes.

I have been far less negative regarding Godden than many who venture opinions - you of course never do

harvey098

I have been far less negative regarding Godden than many who venture opinions - you of course never do

I don’t think anyone has ever said anything worse than “he wouldn’t even get into the squad of another top 6 side” but whatever.

By the way, having an opinion is different to being derogatory. If constantly knocking our players and managers is the only way of having an opinion, I’m quite happy on your hypothetical fence.

Grendel

I don’t think anyone has ever said anything worse than “he wouldn’t even get into the squad of another top 6 side” but whatever.

By the way, having an opinion is different to being derogatory. If constantly knocking our players and managers is the only way of having an opinion, I’m quite happy on your hypothetical fence.

Again I offer far more positive posts on players than negative - I just offer opinions and don’t sit and wait for events to unfold and try to then point score

DannyThomas_1981

I'm always offering opinions Grends as you very well know.

Just invariably different to your views on 'get a taxi for Robins' etc. Not being clever after the event either - I've been consistent in defending Robins and certain players in the team from unwarranted and unfair stick - as you well know.

Anyway don't you have a strong track record yourself in referencing past threads to prove points? Which is why I'm not ashamed (in a light hearted way) to call you out now and again.

I'm sure you enjoyed Baka's assist today - not bad for someone you've charitably called 'shit at football!'

I would honestly miss you from this forum - it sure makes it interesting and it's good that you never get abusive on a personal level. A couple of your abusive and weird supporters on here - not so much!

Peace and love to all in 2020 - and let's hope for a very exciting run in.:emoji_smiley:

Evo1883

The one thing Grendel has going against him in regards to the place we will finish, is city in the previous 2 seasons under Robins accumulated more points in the second half of the season... If that happens this season too , and we are off to a great start... Then I feel he might be making a " I was wrong" thread

DannyThomas_1981

The one thing Grendel has going against him in regards to the place we will finish, is city in the previous 2 seasons under Robins accumulated more points in the second half of the season... If that happens this season too , and we are off to a great start... Then I feel he might be making a " I was wrong" thread

"I was wrong" thread by Grendel would be so unexpected in terms of world events that it would truly break the internet.

Evo1883

Who was it that made the taxi for Robins thread last season, and who was it that made a Robins out thread when we were in league 2... Grendel didn't do both I'm sure

Evo1883

Grends first called for the taxi in December 2017.

Was that the league 2 season? We had one last year too but that wasn't Grendel, or maybe it was... The taxi is warming up or something along the lines... I'm sure we've had 3 similar threads in 3 seasons

DannyThomas_1981

Was that the league 2 season? We had one last year too but that wasn't Grendel, or maybe it was... The taxi is warming up or something along the lines... I'm sure we've had 3 similar threads in 3 seasons

Grendel loves taxis for players and managers - if he ever becomes Chairman of the club we should all buy shares in the nearest taxi company to the Ricoh/St Andrews - I would envisage mass departures of staff as he manically speed dials after a last minute defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread