Listen To Me Just Hear Me Out (2 Viewers)

Grendel

"At least I actually go to games"

if you supported the team and not just screaming at the players then you would know that biamou has scored 6 in his last 7

You do realise the official stats as per the BBC website exclude 3 goals as they are not in a recognised competition

Grendel

Also if you include they game against an U 23 team you have to include goals in all U23 games surely?

covcity4life

haven't seen this thread till today as have him on block but clicked show ignored content on main page today

squad relegation fodder to squad is perfectly equipped bar a top striker to get the taxi warmed up for robins

bi polar?

awaits you havnt been st andrews reply lol, only 2 more days to use that lol

Grendel

haven't seen this thread till today as have him on block but clicked show ignored content on main page today

squad relegation fodder to squad is perfectly equipped bar a top striker to get the taxi warmed up for robins

bi polar?

awaits you havnt been st andrews reply lol, only 2 more days to use that lol

It’s difficult to decipher but I think I understand

This has been discussed before. It was at the point of the Chaplin sale. We have since strengthened with 4 players - and he spent an eye watering amount by our standards on Godden

covcity4life

It’s difficult to decipher but I think I understand

This has been discussed before. It was at the point of the Chaplin sale. We have since strengthened with 4 players - and he spent an eye watering amount by our standards on Godden
ok as you have replied to point rather than troll i will do same(unblocking you as before we were jsut going around in circles of how my saturdays are spent)

my argument is we got walsh,godden,o hare and i forget the 4th player since then. o hare has been mainly a sub and we can discount godden as you dont think hes been good enough so far

so that only leaves walsh to take us from relegation fodder to equipped squad. thats my confusion

saturdays result was dissapointing and robins needs to take handbrake off but still a long way to go this season and i wouldnt be calling for any taxi yet. i would give him next summer to go again even if this one collapses, he has earnt that in my book.

Grendel

ok as you have replied to point rather than troll i will do same(unblocking you as before we were jsut going around in circles of how my saturdays are spent)

my argument is we got walsh,godden,o hare and i forget the 4th player since then. o hare has been mainly a sub and we can discount godden as you dont think hes been good enough so far

so that only leaves walsh to take us from relegation fodder to equipped squad. thats my confusion

saturdays result was dissapointing and robins needs to take handbrake off but still a long way to go this season and i wouldnt be calling for any taxi yet. i would give him next summer to go again even if this one collapses, he has earnt that in my book.

You can’t discount Godden. The point is that Robins has money to spend and chose him - the same as he chose Bakayoko and Hiwula.

The same also that his players who he’s sold - Clarke Harris and Chaplin are scoring goals now. Clarke Harris over a season average is scoring more than Bakayoko biamou and Hiwula combined

O hare has started 10 league games of the 16 he’s been involved in

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

You can’t discount Godden. The point is that Robins has money to spend and chose him - the same as he chose Bakayoko and Hiwula.

The same also that his players who he’s sold - Clarke Harris and Chaplin are scoring goals now. Clarke Harris over a season average is scoring more than Bakayoko biamou and Hiwula combined

So you're criticising him for signing Hiwula? The one player you said we would be in a relegation battle without?

If hiwula has a bad injury we will be in a relegation battle with this squad

Grendel

So you're criticising him for signing Hiwula? The one player you said we would be in a relegation battle without?

Where have I said that? I said I would retain him but Robins has seemingly banished him

covcity4life

when i say discount godden i mean we can discount him as a player that has taken us from relegation to well equpped in your opinion. i quite like him personally

no doubt JCH especially has shown what he is capable of away from ccfc and alot of that has to be on robins i agree. he needs to tweak tactics to help out strikers which is odd as you would think as a former striker he knows exactly what sort of service they would want and need

Brighton Sky Blue

when i say discount godden i mean we can discount him as a player that has taken us from relegation to well equpped in your opinion. i quite like him personally

no doubt JCH especially has shown what he is capable of away from ccfc and alot of that has to be on robins i agree. he needs to tweak tactics to help out strikers which is odd as you would think as a former striker he knows exactly what sort of service they would want and need

To be fair with Chaplin I think it’s a bit harder to pin it on Robins how many gilt edged sitters that guy missed.

Grendel

I think he’s getting at the fact we have signed those 3 for a combined £1 million or thereabouts for a much worse return than JCH who we offloaded for naff all.

Exactly it’s embarrassing

cc84cov

My worry is how robins seems to send strikers backwards,I’m close to having no faith when we sign these players you just know what’s gonna happen.

Why has JCH gone to Bristol rovers & scored well ? Why is chaplin scoring hat tricks in the championship?

Grendel

My worry is how robins seems to send strikers backwards,I’m close to having no faith when we sign these players you just know what’s gonna happen.

Why has JCH gone to Bristol rovers & scored well ? Why is chaplin scoring hat tricks in the championship?

Im sure Danny Thomas will have an answer

TTG

You do realise the official stats as per the BBC website exclude 3 goals as they are not in a recognised competition
Yes, but he is still in form, they were hard goals to score, under 23s or not, that doesn't prove that he is dreadful.
You blow my mind how thick you are.

Grendel

Yes, but he is still in form, they were hard goals to score, under 23s or not, that doesn't prove that he is dreadful.

So would say Bristol Rovers swap him for Jonson Clarke Harris?

AStonesThrow

And surely if that's the case then Ponticelli (who cant get a game at Tranmere) should be our number one choice? U23s is a whole different category of football to first team, league one football. Robins seems to stand by work rate and likability as opposed to goal tally. Max is a lovely guy and great with the fans, works fairly hard on the pitch and scores SOME decent goals, but not enough at first team level. Even his stunning volley, he tried that exact technique a handful of times in the u23s and ballooned it, he struck lucky with the goal.
Bakayoko seems to work hard too, but theres zero composure, technique or end product.

I watched the 'best bits so far' video the other day, embarrassing that it wasnt filled with goals from our out and out strikers. Granted there was a few, well timed goals. But is a few enough? That video alone should have been crammed with our strikers clinically finishing bags full of goals.

We have a fantastic squad for this level, but we massively lack a consistently goal scoring striker. Goals win games. Not work rate and a selfie

Brighton Sky Blue

And surely if that's the case then Ponticelli (who cant get a game at Tranmere) should be our number one choice? U23s is a whole different category of football to first team, league one football. Robins seems to stand by work rate and likability as opposed to goal tally. Max is a lovely guy and great with the fans, works fairly hard on the pitch and scores SOME decent goals, but not enough at first team level. Even his stunning volley, he tried that exact technique a handful of times in the u23s and ballooned it, he struck lucky with the goal.
Bakayoko seems to work hard too, but theres zero composure, technique or end product.

I watched the 'best bits so far' video the other day, embarrassing that it wasnt filled with goals from our out and out strikers. Granted there was a few, well timed goals. But is a few enough? That video alone should have been crammed with our strikers clinically finishing bags full of goals.

We have a fantastic squad for this level, but we massively lack a consistently goal scoring striker. Goals win games. Not work rate and a selfie

It’s just baffling for this to be the issue for a manager who spent his career as a top flight striker

AStonesThrow

It’s just baffling for this to be the issue for a manager who spent his career as a top flight striker
Not just that, this is the guy who more or less single handedly saved Sir Alex Ferguson's Man United career with his goal scoring ability. Raises questions over his coaching ability really, as that would be his area of speciality. He'll have other coaches/recruitment staff for the other positions where we're doing so well

Brighton Sky Blue

Not just that, this is the guy who more or less single handedly saved Sir Alex Ferguson's Man United career with his goal scoring ability. Raises questions over his coaching ability really, as that would be his area of speciality. He'll have other coaches/recruitment staff for the other positions where we're doing so well

Maybe it was just intuitive for him and he struggles to coach that in players who lack that ability. Maybe he’s just trying to impose a style on players that doesn’t fit them. I don’t know. I also don’t know what else he could do when Chaplin was missing tap ins

TTG

So would say Bristol Rovers swap him for Jonson Clarke Harris?
No cause jch is in better form. He is play really well at the moment, but that by no means means Biamou is dreadful. They are both number 9s, but they play very differently so couldn't really compare them. Biamou's technique and acrobatics is amazing, but jch poaches and scores.

TTG

He's played 6 games, come back to me after 15 and I will give you a better opinion.

Biamou has proven him self in the first team AS WELL as u23s. I never said that just because you score u23s means you should be 1st choice, but it probes you can score goals. Pont and Max are completely different and should be taught differently

Adge

Some people think that’s all you need to make a good player.

Johhny Blue

Hat tricks? There’s an exaggeration

Sky Blue Pete

We certainly don’t get enough people in the box or enough balls into the box and we certainly don’t score enough from set pieces . That said I think the main reason is our one striker solution leaves whichever front man isolated

Robins knows this and needs to find a way to score more. He’s doing a remarkable job everyone accepts that and because he is it’s easier to focus on the bits that aren’t working as well.

stevefloyd

It's madness to talk about sacking him: 7th in the table, 5 points off automatic promotion, halfway through the season,1st defeat in 8 games, 3 league defeats all season. I'm amazed that this thread even exists. If it was 8 games without a win and we were just above the relegation zone, fair enough! But it would be a tremendously retrograde step when the manager is working on a long term project in difficult circumstances at a basket case of a club, and clearly making consistent progress year-on-year whilst improving players and the squad overall, as well as bringing in a lot of money in transfers to pay the bills.

There's no doubt if you look at the clubs last 3-4 seasons, he's stopped the rot (and what a rot it was!) and reversed it. I'm not quite sure why people think we suddenly have a God-given right to be running away with the division? Other than that we have a better team than we have for years and are playing good football-and who is that largely down to? The manager! He's a victim of creating higher expectations by being successful, if anything.

There's also no doubt that vastly more players have improved than gone backwards under his stewardship, most notably Mason, Hyam, Biamou, Kelly, McCallum, Shipley and Westbrooke (not to mention those we have sold for good money).

His two "marquee" signings this season, and rare experienced players in the squad, Godden and Allen, have missed a lot of games. Neither are fully match fit yet, both are class acts and both will make a difference when firing on all cylinders.

Finally, yes you can argue that St. Andrews hasn't affected us as "home" form has been so good, but I would reverse that thinking: it could, very very easily, have been a massive issue, but the manager takes huge credit for the superb home form: again, a victim of his own success rather than being credit for achievement, it's being used as a stick to beat him!

Yes he has his faults (he wouldn't be here otherwise!), most notably being too defensive and stubborn at times, but I'll take that over the myriad disasters that came with our previous dozen or more managers. He's the first one who has a coherent plan and is really any cop since Eric Black.

Expectations? Challenge for playoffs/promotion over the next two seasons. I wouldn't think about sacking him as long as we finish at least in the top half and progress can be seen to be being made, which I think it has been almost constantly throughout Robin's time in charge. If we don't go up this year, I am sure that the team will be stronger and go closer the following season, and indeed the following season after that if we don't make it up then (off the pitch financial meltdowns aside...).
At las a reasoned post instead of knee jerk, we are a team in progress. Robins has had to try and balance the books hampered by moving away from the Ricoh, he has got us playing fantastic football at times so its still a work in progress, we dont have the money to instantly go and buy what we want so hopefully in the transfer window coming up he will try and address the goal scoring problem and hopefully Shitsu will back him.
Shitsu must be very happy with him because our brand of football and seemingly 'on the up' has deflected vitriol towards them somewhat

Last edited:

clint van damme

At las a reasoned post instead of knee jerk, we are a team in progress. Robins has had to try and balance the books hampered by moving away from the Ricoh, he has got us playing fantastic football at times so its still a work in progress, we dont have the money to instantly go and buy what we want so hopefully in the transfer window coming up he will try and address the goal scoring problem and hopefully Shitsu will back him.
Shitsu must be very happy with him because our brand if football and seemingly 'on the up' has deflected vitriol towards them somewhat

Sorry but I have to disagree.
I said earlier that with the exception of Peterboro I don't think anyone has invested as much in their forward line as we have so don't buy this no money excuse.
Look at the league one top scorer table, many players in there cost less than Baka let alone Godden, (or last year Chaplin).
I'm not calling for Robins head but he needs to sort it out.
The issues we are experiencing now are a carbon copy of last season.
It's not acceptable that he hasn't found a solution when it's been going on for so long.
Again, let me reiterate, I'm not calling for his head.

stevefloyd

I said earlier that with the exception of Peterboro I don't think anyone has invested as much in their forward line as we have so don't buy this no money excuse.
Look at the league one top scorer table, many players in there cost less than Baka let alone Godden, (or last year Chaplin).
It's not acceptable that he hasn't found a solution when it's been going on for so long.
I agree he has had money to spend and Godden still looks as though he has goals in him, I was alluding to bringing in another striker with the same quality as Godden or better unfortunately unless we get lucky on such buys as the likes of Baka Hiwula etc we have to dig deeper with money we apparently dont have

Skybluefaz

Stop calling for his head

Users who are viewing this thread