Jordan Shipley - is he good enough for league 1 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Sorry not you and not abuse being negative I agree. The fan base yesterday abused him. So much of his game was excellent yesterday we lost and he didn’t score so there’s a focus on what he did poorly.

I didn't abuse him, I wouldn't no matter how bad. Same as I didn't boo Thompson after his mistake. Completely different to point things out though.

Garryb80

Bottling tackles????????? When?
I’ll add heavy touches. The two I remember were after he’d bust a gut and was running at full speed. If you’re happy to force a player not to take those risks then hey keep shouting the abuse and watch as he just stops trying anything.
He rarely makes a tackle in any game not just yesterday. People need to just accept he isn't good enough for this level and that being born locally wont turn him in to a league one Messi.

Sky Blue Pete

He rarely makes a tackle in any game not just yesterday. People need to just accept he isn't good enough for this level and that being born locally wont turn him in to a league one Messi.
Gosh and you are fans. People need to accept his limitations and appreciate what he brings or at least balance those things up

Kilclines curly mullet

Bottling tackles????????? When?
I’ll add heavy touches. The two I remember were after he’d bust a gut and was running at full speed. If you’re happy to force a player not to take those risks then hey keep shouting the abuse and watch as he just stops trying anything.
I haven’t seen him put a hard challenge in since he broke into the team.
I have seen him shirk challenges though.

dazed&confused

Have you ever considered that you might be supporting the wrong team? I think you'd be better suited to Manchester City or Chelsea where bought in trusted talent is always played instead of home grown developing talent. If Shipley doesn't play, he won't develop and he won't get better. I, for one, am prepared to take the short-term risk - and the mistakes/not great performances that come with it - in the interests of 'potential' long-term gain.

Reactions: vow

Sky Blue Pete

Have you ever considered that you might be supporting the wrong team? I think you'd be better suited to Manchester City or Chelsea where bought in trusted talent is always played instead of home grown developing talent. If Shipley doesn't play, he won't develop and he won't get better. I, for one, I am prepared to take the short-term risk - and the mistakes/not great performances that come with it - in the interests of 'potential' long-term gain.
Me too and I don’t know if he will make it but I would like him too

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did you miss his one touch passing?
Did you miss his long passing?
Did you miss the super long busting runs to get on the end of moves?

It’s ok to balance things
His one touch passing and long passing is very poor.

He does make some good runs from time to time which comes under the pros I posted about his positive attitude and hard work for the team.

covcity4life

Those saying they think he will develop more yet are more than entitled to say that. I agree he can and probably will get better

But that does not mean you can refuse to admit he's playing badly currently!

Adge

I'm talking about a football match on a football forum

Should I say they were all amazing when they clearly weren't?
Yes, as you are quite clearly breaking the golden rule. Remember, anyone below the age of 21 or has come through the academy is exempt from any form of criticism.

fatso

The young lad is struggling for form in a higher league than he’s ever played in before, and being used in a possition he’s not been used to, that dosnt mean he should be written off as not good enough.
12 months ago Mark McNulty was also also being written off by many if I recall.
Some players take longer to adjust than others, MR clearly rates the lad, and he’s proberbly a better judge than most on here, so let’s give him a break, and let the manager work with him, and see what happens.
We are in a fortunate possition that we have other players who can slot into midfield and do a good job, so it’s not even as if we are missing him, and 16 points out of a possible 18 would suggest we aren’t struggling. So let’s relax a bit, It’s almost as if some people on here NEED to have someone to moan about!

Grendel

The young lad is struggling for form in a higher league than he’s ever played in before, and being used in a possition he’s not been used to, that dosnt mean he should be written off as not good enough.
12 months ago Mark McNulty was also also being written off by many if I recall.
Some players take longer to adjust than others, MR clearly rates the lad, and he’s proberbly a better judge than most on here, so let’s give him a break, and let the manager work with him, and see what happens.
We are in a fortunate possition that we have other players who can slot into midfield and do a good job, so it’s not even as if we are missing him, and 16 points out of a possible 18 would suggest we aren’t struggling. So let’s relax a bit, It’s almost as if some people on here NEED to have someone to moan about!

Mcnulty was hardly being written off other than by morons like Dongle

You wrote off sterling after a few games didn’t you?

Skybluefaz

Absolutely nothing like McNulty's slow start. Sparky was proven at league two level it just wasn't quite clicking. With Shipley I'm not sure there is anything that can click at this level.

fatso

Mcnulty was hardly being written off other than by morons like Dongle

You wrote off sterling after a few games didn’t you?
I’ve already responded to you mentioning Sterling, what I also noted was your reluctance to respond to my question to you in that response. Your silence speaks volumes.

fatso

Absolutely nothing like McNulty's slow start. Sparky was proven at league two level it just wasn't quite clicking. With Shipley I'm not sure there is anything that can click at this level.
Your entitled to your opinion of course, But for my money I’d prefer to give a 21 year old lad with only a years first team experience, and a dozen or so league games at this level a little more time to adjust.

Sky Blue Pete

Your entitled to your opinion of course, But for my money I’d prefer to give a 21 year old lad with only a years first team experience, and a dozen or so league games at this level a little more time to adjust.
And certainly before making judgement

steve82

Yesterday I walked past one of our so called fans in the stand at full time bare in mind 95% of the fans are still applauding the players at the end of a disappointing defeat.

One lovely chap in his 50’s next to his hugely embarrassed wife spent the next 3 minutes calling Shipley a w@nk3r at full voice. Gesturing at him spitting his views towards Shipley.

Shameful really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

Yesterday I walked past one of our so called fans in the stand at full time bare in mind 95% of the fans are still applauding the players at the end of a disappointing defeat.

One lovely chap in his 50’s next to his hugely embarrassed wife spent the next 3 minutes calling Shipley a w@nk3r at full voice. Gesturing at him spitting his views towards Shipley.

Shameful really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brainless, as much as I don't think he's at the level required no player deserves that sort of abuse. Unless that player is Kevin Kyle.

usskyblue

Shameful really.

Was it Robins m8 ?

Forever_Blue

I’m sure that this was cause greate debate, but in my opinion he is not yet good enough. I’m not sure he ever will be. I thought he was poor today and can’t see what he brings to the team.

This isn’t me slagging off our own players, just my thoughts on what I have seen so far this season.
Shipley has found his level of football. Great attitude and seems a good person, but no higher than League one for me.

Sky Blue Pete

So we don’t tell it how it is then?
You know what what do you think? What do you want to achieve? Robins has more football knowledge and sees potential so I take his side on this. Do you want him bombed out the side? Have you got children or grandchildren? How do you get the best out of them ? How do people perform at their best? Constant criticism or encouragement? Specific criticism by people he respects is one thing. You and me are just fans nothing more another name for us is supporters?!!!!!! What defines a supporter? One that supports maybe?

I fuckin despair

Johhny Blue

Brainless, as much as I don't think he's at the level required no player deserves that sort of abuse. Unless that player is Kevin Kyle.
I would reluctantly say that Kyle had more talent than Shipley but I’ll take Shipley’s drive and enthusiasm every time. I hate lazy players and Kyle was one of the laziest we’ve ever had.

Garryb80

Have you ever considered that you might be supporting the wrong team? I think you'd be better suited to Manchester City or Chelsea where bought in trusted talent is always played instead of home grown developing talent. If Shipley doesn't play, he won't develop and he won't get better. I, for one, am prepared to take the short-term risk - and the mistakes/not great performances that come with it - in the interests of 'potential' long-term gain.
What are you spouting? I am giving my opinion on a player. Have i criticised bayliss.. Thompson.. Others? No. As a supporter of 30 years i can recognise who will and wont make it and i beleive shipley wont. Your world seems to protect any youth player from criticism and they should play even if they offer less than others. If you dont like opinions i suggest not reading a forum.

dazed&confused

What are you spouting? I am giving my opinion on a player. Have i criticised bayliss.. Thompson.. Others? No. As a supporter of 30 years i can recognise who will and wont make it and i beleive shipley wont. Your world seems to protect any youth player from criticism and they should play even if they offer less than others. If you dont like opinions i suggest not reading a forum.

What are you spouting? [I'm disagreeing with you and some others on here, and expressing an alternative OPINION. If 99% of people on this forum agree with you, I represent the 1%. If 1% agree with you, I represent the 99%] I am giving my opinion on a player. [True] Have i criticised bayliss.. Thompson.. Others? No. [True, but not relevant to what you repeatedly post about Shipley] As a supporter of 30 years [Good for you] i can recognise who will and wont make it [No more and no less than anyone else on this forum] and i beleive shipley wont. [That's where we disagree] Your world seems to protect any youth player from criticism and they should play even if they offer less than others [Yes, I think it does. I'd give him a lot more game time before I'd jump to the same damning conclusions as you. And even then I might be wrong]. If you dont like opinions i suggest not reading a forum. [Not sure that's how it works]

Users who are viewing this thread