Jordan Shipley - is he good enough for league 1 (2 Viewers)

Adge

I think you said to me about two years ago that he would he playing for Nuneaton by now and to quote you on it
Did I? Ah well, your probably right. Played well today though.
Quote me on the likes of Bigi, Finch,Stevenson, DKE, Thomas et al aswell if you like.

SlowerThanPlatt

Did I? Ah well, your probably right. Played well today though.
Quote me on the likes of Bigi, Finch,Stevenson, DKE, Thomas et al aswell if you like.

The only one of them players I can remember rating was Stevenson so I’m not sure what the point would be in quoting you when I never said anything to the contrary - you also said Stevenson would be at Nuneaton anyway

Adge

The only one of them players I can remember rating was Stevenson so I’m not sure what the point would be in quoting you when I never said anything to the contrary - you also said Stevenson would be at Nuneaton
Go to the game today? Piss off with your silly point scoring and practice what you preach, stop moaning and enjoy the victory-we won 4-1!

JulianDarbyFTW

I was one of Shipley's admirers anyway, but he's surpassed my expectations. He plays like he cares, which to be fair a lot of the current squad do, but his all round plays, the fact that he is always cream crackered through effort, and the fact that he cups his ears and shushes and takes the piss out of the opposition fans really makes me want to be a proper fanboy.

Covstu

He hasn’t been a stand out player but I don’t think he ever will. I don’t like him on the left as he has little pace compared to our options on the right and I think this is why people are starting to call him out. Would love to see him in the centre, Doyle was overrun yesterday unfortunately but equally I don’t think Doyle looks as good without Kelly.

Always liked shippers, he adds a lot to the team
My comments still stand a year ago (apart from Doyle!)

Brighton Sky Blue

I was one of Shipley's admirers anyway, but he's surpassed my expectations. He plays like he cares, which to be fair a lot of the current squad do, but his all round plays, the fact that he is always cream crackered through effort, and the fact that he cups his ears and shushes and takes the piss out of the opposition fans really makes me want to be a proper fanboy.

He's established himself as a very solid League 1 player now, no more no less. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

pusbccfc

He's done a lot better than I thought he would. Been superb today.

Evo1883

10 goal contributions so far this season in 26 games in all competitions

Having a great season

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Go to the game today? Piss off with your silly point scoring and practice what you preach, stop moaning and enjoy the victory-we won 4-1!
Well he wouldn't be point scoring if you didn't contrarily criticise the academy in every other post. And with your every other posts being how you're not attending St Andrews, your; 'go to the game today' comment is even more ironic.

MusicDating

And FWIW, Shipley seems to be a perfect Robins player. Young, with a good base level of talent, potential to improve, follows instructions (even playing out of his preferred position), gives all in games (one assumes in training as well). Seems like players that don't tick these boxes (Hiwula, Baka etc) aren't going to make it under Robins. He's stepped up to L1 very well.

covcity4life

Not dure he connected on that 1st assist for godden lol

But hey i wondered if he good enough too. As a left winger he is not. As a central midfielder he most defintley is it seems

A reminder that we fans gotta give youngsters more time sometimes

Only sometimes though!!

Adge

[QUOTE="MusicDating, post: 1888902, member: 2140"]Well he wouldn't be point scoring if you didn't contrarily criticise the academy in every other post. And with your every other posts being how you're not attending St Andrews, your; 'go to the game today' comment is even more ironic.[/QUOTE]

So he was just point scoring then-thanks.:emoji_thumbsup:

MusicDating

[QUOTE="MusicDating, post: 1888902, member: 2140"]Well he wouldn't be point scoring if you didn't contrarily criticise the academy in every other post. And with your every other posts being how you're not attending St Andrews, your; 'go to the game today' comment is even more ironic.
So he was just point scoring then-thanks.:emoji_thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
He was indeed and is currently beating you about 5-1.

Users who are viewing this thread