Jordan Shipley - is he good enough for league 1 (1 Viewer)

baldy

I have thr power to make old aged men go thru my posts 5 year's back to find jokes to pass off as a realistic prediction to try stop my win streak lol

I shouldn't abuse this power I know but fuck me. I am the crown jewels of this forum. OSB is accounts master and I am the football master. Not asking to be worshipped but shower me with praise minions.

Dilly dilly

How sad

Esoterica

Of course I realise that lol

I said Shipley needs to be dropped. Was met with people acting like it was absurd. Estorica asked me what we shud do instead and I said try hiwula again. He mocked that.

Turns out it bit him on his ass

Now I am just rubbing it in because there was no need to be rude to me.

Now he's ignoring thread instead of admitting my changes were not silly like he thought.

I will get bored of this thread soon...maybe
Not ignoring it, just enjoying you feeding your Narcissistic personality disorder.

I mocked starting Hiwula at left midfield against top of the league Portsmouth when both our recognised left backs were injured and Hiwula hadn't played for weeks. Big difference bringing him into an otherwise full strength, winning team against a traditionally long ball opposition as poor as Wycombe, for his 3rd appearances in a week. The variables couldn't have been more different.

itsabuzzard

What do you think you're doing bringing sensible, rational argument to a football forum?
Not ignoring it, just enjoying you feeding your Narcissistic personality disorder.

I mocked starting Hiwula at left midfield against top of the league Portsmouth when both our recognised left backs were injured and Hiwula hadn't played for weeks. Big difference bringing him into an otherwise full strength, winning team against a traditionally long ball opposition as poor as Wycombe, for his 3rd appearances in a week. The variables couldn't have been more different.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Wahey he's alive. Thought you gone into hiding with dongonzalos.

Lol. Can't even just say fairplay u were right on this 1 can you?

You are a real narcissist won't even admit u got it wrong.

Learn from this. You can always improve your understanding of the game. Don't be blinded any he's 1 of our own or he runs around alot ever again!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I have thr power to make old aged men go thru my posts 5 year's back to find jokes to pass off as a realistic prediction to try stop my win streak lol

I shouldn't abuse this power I know but fuck me. I am the crown jewels of this forum. OSB is accounts master and I am the football master. Not asking to be worshipped but shower me with praise minions.

Dilly dilly
We're not worthy.

giphy.gif

skybluegod

Of course I realise that lol

I said Shipley needs to be dropped. Was met with people acting like it was absurd. Estorica asked me what we shud do instead and I said try hiwula again. He mocked that.

Turns out it bit him on his ass

Now I am just rubbing it in because there was no need to be rude to me.

Now he's ignoring thread instead of admitting my changes were not silly like he thought.

I will get bored of this thread soon...maybe

I get that you are just winding everyone up which is fair enough.

But it’s not like Hiwula has been the defining factor in these games.
He’s been okay, not been bad at all, but to attribute both wins to him coming in is some stretch...

covcity4life

I get that you are just winding everyone up which is fair enough.

But it’s not like Hiwula has been the defining factor in these games.
He’s been okay, not been bad at all, but to attribute both wins to him coming in is some stretch...
Not done that at all. Simply stating putting hiwula back to left wing was not absurd after all

Shipley was dropped and fans saw it coming. Those that could open their eyes anyway

The end

Or is it?

Otis

..... you never write, you never call, you ignore all my emails, you have that pesky little restraining order out on me.

Where did it all go wrong?

covcity4life

Another game Shipley starts we lose. Will all the people who ridiculed those smart enough fans to ask for change just block everyone rather than apologise?

itsabuzzard

Another game Shipley starts we lose. Will all the people who ridiculed those smart enough fans to ask for change just block everyone rather than apologise?
Don't be daft. Doesn't blocking go against the very idea of a forum i.e. the exchange of views, regardless of how deluded they might be? It goes without saying that you're right about absolutely everything, but the rest of us can only aspire to such giddy heights.

Otis

Don't be daft. Doesn't blocking go against the very idea of a forum i.e. the exchange of views, regardless of how deluded they might be? It goes without saying that you're right about absolutely everything, but the rest of us can only aspire to such giddy heights.

Hmm, it's just said the post count has increased by one, but I can't see anything.

Magwitch

When Shipley went off it was 2-2 a replay atleast was on the cards, I didn’t go but listening to CWR it seems to me we lost any grip we had in midfield from the point he went off, he may have got a knock which is why he came off. You seem to have a crusade against Shipley who has just about completed his first full year in first team football, he’s still a kid learning fffs and will get better imo.

Kilclines curly mullet

When Shipley went off it was 2-2 a replay atleast was on the cards, I didn’t go but listening to CWR it seems to me we lost any grip we had in midfield from the point he went off, he may have got a knock which is why he came off. You seem to have a crusade against Shipley who has just about completed his first full year in first team football, he’s still a kid learning fffs and will get better imo.
Being a kid and still learning is no excuse to shirk challenges. Last year he played well in patches. This year he has quite simply been awful. I’m sorry if this upsets all who get carried away with the kissing of the badge.
The original post was whether he was/is good enough to make the jump up. We have a much stronger squad this year and he is being left behind.
The current answer is no, he is not good enough.

Sick Boy

Being a kid and still learning is no excuse to shirk challenges. Last year he played well in patches. This year he has quite simply been awful. I’m sorry if this upsets all who get carried away with the kissing of the badge.
The original post was whether he was/is good enough to make the jump up. We have a much stronger squad this year and he is being left behind.
The current answer is no, he is not good enough.

Agreed.

If we are to progress he needs to be moved on and better players brought in, he would be okay at a lower league 1 side but we should have aspirations to push on.

Sky Blue Pete

Absolutely good enough! Was such a nearly guy yesterday. Made some great runs and passes. Saw how close his shot across the goal was earlier. We are a bunch of know it alls as fans.

Sick Boy

Absolutely good enough! Was such a nearly guy yesterday. Made some great runs and passes. Saw how close his shot across the goal was earlier. We are a bunch of know it alls as fans.

The vast majority of our fans insisted that Thorn be employed and retained as our manager, and recently wrote off McNulty and Sterling?

Shipley's next club will be a League 2 club, we can't expect to progress while hanging onto players who just aren't going to progress to a level we aspire to. Unless we are happy to tread water to accommodate them?

Sky Blue Pete

He didn’t go off but I agree with the rest of it.

Positives yesterday

Hassling their defence and made a couple of chances for him and Jch
Some good runs till last 10 after hed been fouled and got a knock
His one touch passing on occasion opens space for those around him
His longer passing shows vision

Negatives

He missed two one on ones
HIs one touch passing is not secure enough and so upfront it’s ok if it doesn’t come off on the edge of your own box is a problem
He ran out of energy and should have been taken off instead of Hiwula or Thomas - not his fault

Our fan base are insane on occasion

Nick

Administrator
He didn’t go off but I agree with the rest of it.

Positives yesterday

Hassling their defence and made a couple of chances for him and Jch
Some good runs till last 10 after hed been fouled and got a knock
His one touch passing on occasion opens space for those around him
His longer passing shows vision

Negatives

He missed two one on ones
HIs one touch passing is not secure enough and so upfront it’s ok if it doesn’t come off on the edge of your own box is a problem
He ran out of energy and should have been taken off instead of Hiwula or Thomas - not his fault

Our fan base are insane on occasion
What about his massively heavy touches, bottling of tackles?

Yes, some of our fan base are a bit insane.

Sky Blue Pete

The vast majority of our fans insisted that Thorn be employed and retained as our manager, and recently wrote off McNulty and Sterling?

Shipley's next club will be a League 2 club, we can't expect to progress while hanging onto players who just aren't going to progress to a level we aspire to. Unless we are happy to tread water to accommodate them?
He’s progressing with us. I think you’re wrong but we shall see

Sky Blue Pete

What about his massively heavy touches, bottling of tackles?
Bottling tackles????????? When?
I’ll add heavy touches. The two I remember were after he’d bust a gut and was running at full speed. If you’re happy to force a player not to take those risks then hey keep shouting the abuse and watch as he just stops trying anything.

Nick

Administrator
Bottling tackles????????? When?
I’ll add heavy touches. The two I remember were after he’d bust a gut and was running at full speed. If you’re happy to force a player not to take those risks then hey keep shouting the abuse and watch as he just stops trying anything.

Where have I abused him?

You do realise pointing out negatives aren't abuse.

He bottled about 3 tackles, 2 of them he turned sideways on.

Sky Blue Pete

Where have I abused him?

You do realise pointing out negatives aren't abuse.

He bottled about 3 tackles, 2 of them he turned sideways on.
Sorry not you and not abuse being negative I agree. The fan base yesterday abused him. So much of his game was excellent yesterday we lost and he didn’t score so there’s a focus on what he did poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread