Jordan Shipley - is he good enough for league 1 (1 Viewer)

hill83

The dynamic of football has completely changed in the last 30 years. Probably opening a pandora's box here but I usually find that the older the fan, the less educated they are in relation to the 'modern game'.

Makes me cringe when people think they know all the ins and outs of football above actual trained professionals. So many on here, but bundesliga4life springs to mind first.

covcity4life

Makesme cringe when people think they know all the ins and outs of football above actual trained professionals. So many on here, but bundesliga4life springs to mind first.
My track record speaks for itself. I am always right. Drunk chavs cannot hang.

Don't think I ever taken on a professional sportsman in a debate though?

hill83

My track record speaks for itself. I am always right. Drunk chavs cannot hang.

Don't think I ever taken on a professional sportsman in a debate though?

tenor.gif

Grendel

I apologise for my previous, overly-agressive and patronising reply to this post. You are perfectly entitled to your opinions; I should learn to read them and move on. And my earlier Chelsea/Manchester City dig was unforgivable. We both want the same thing - on the field success for Coventry City FC - we just have differing opinions on how to achieve it. Keep posting your thoughts, and I'll shut the fuck up.

What a wet blanket

DannyThomas_1981

Not going to popular with CCFC4Life but Shippers would certainly have offered more than Hiwula over the last couple of league games.

Hiwula has made absolutely no contribution since the win over Accrington. Not even in an attacking sense. And it's very obvious to anyone watching that he leaves Brown very exposed defensively as well. On the back of this, Brown is getting forward far less often as he clearly doesn't trust Hiwula to cover for him if he does.

Shipley would balance the side far better ahead of JJ's return to full fitness.

I don't blame Hiwula for any of this. He's just not suited to the left midfield role and is being played out of position. That's been obvious for weeks.

Otis

Not going to popular with CCFC4Life but Shippers would certainly have offered more than Hiwula over the last couple of league games.

Hiwula has made absolutely no contribution since the win over Accrington. Not even in an attacking sense. And it's very obvious to anyone watching that he leaves Brown very exposed defensively as well. On the back of this, Brown is getting forward far less often as he clearly doesn't trust Hiwula to cover for him if he does.

Shipley would balance the side far better ahead of JJ's return to full fitness.

I don't blame Hiwula for any of this. He's just not suited to the left midfield role and is being played out of position. That's been obvious for weeks.
Well that's what people kept saying, that Shipley was there for balance.

Everyone knows he hasn't been at all great this season and has struggled, but people could see why Robins was picking him.

Hiwula is not a winger.

Otis

Nor is Shippers, not really.
He is a left sided midfielder though and a bit more disciplined in that role.

It's a really tough one, because even though I like Shipley, he hasn't at all played well this season.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

Keep hearing this word balance offered to describe the benefits that Shipley brings to the team. Is this literally because he's left footed? Because he doesn't offer any more protection for the full back and offers less of a goal threat going forward.

Otis

Keep hearing this word balance offered to describe the benefits that Shipley brings to the team. Is this literally because he's left footed? Because he doesn't offer any more protection for the full back and offers less of a goal threat going forward.
Okay, so why WAS Robins picking him?

What would be your explanation? Shipley has clearly not played well, so why was Robins picking him?

Users who are viewing this thread