Jordan Shipley - is he good enough for league 1 (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
less than 5 league games apparently.

Curious, what has Bayliss done to dine out on this season ?

Nothing much at all. Hence you will see me saying he runs into dead ends and gets us into the shit too much.

Doing something in one game, doesn't instantly cover and excuse being awful in the games after that.

Just because he won a penalty and got an own goal deflection against Oxford, doesn't mean that he hasn't been awful since.

It's nothing against him as a person (he seems a decent, nice lad), if tomorrow he has a stormer I will say it and praise him. It's just a bit strange how if it's mentioned he has had a shocker, people instantly go on about the Oxford match as if it makes any difference.

Surely players should be judged match by match, rather than what they did a few games ago?

ccfcway

Nothing much at all. Hence you will see me saying he runs into dead ends and gets us into the shit.

Doing something in one game, doesn't instantly cover and excuse being awful in the games after that.

Just because he won a penalty and got an own goal deflection against Oxford, doesn't mean that he hasn't been awful since.

It's nothing against him as a person (he seems a decent, nice lad), if tomorrow he has a stormer I will say it and praise him. It's just a bit strange how if it's mentioned he has had a shocker, people instantly go on about the Oxford match as if it makes any difference.

He's only 21 years old.

Perhaps the Ireland u21 scouts only went to the oxford match as well ?

seems bizarre that on the day where one of our current players is called up for the 1st time, and ex player gets more comments and praise on here (in general, not by you Nick)

Nick

Administrator
He's only 21 years old.

Perhaps the Ireland u21 scouts only went to the oxford match as well ?

seems bizarre that on the day where one of our current players is called up for the 1st time, and ex player gets more comments and praise on here (in general, not by you Nick)
What's his age to do with what I was saying though?

If he has a great game tomorrow it won't be because of his age..

I'm pleased he has had a call up, as I said. It will do him good.

higgs

There is a long season there and I'm glad we have shippers in our squad he's earned his chance in league one is he good enough for championship I'm not too sure but he has time to develop because we aren't going to be anywhere near the playoffs this season. Ps I hope you all can ram this message down my throat in May if we are promoted pusb.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Martin180

It's It's a good job Fergie dropped them useless kids all them years ago after a sticky start to the season ........

Wonder what happened to them

Skybluefaz

How long can a player dine off a really bad deflection for an own goal and a keeper wiping them out?

How many games ago was that?

Christ, I scored from a corner in middle school. I used have just used that in Sunday League if I was playing shit.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the Oxford game is continually cited and it was on Sky sports. Maybe the posters who keep bringing this match up don't actually go to games therefore this match Sunderland and Wembley is all they've seen of Shipley in the last 6 months. Explains a few things.

Martin180

You're putting Shipley in the same bracket as Scholes, Butt, Giggs, Neville, Beckham?
No but well done for completely missing the point though

I'm comparing situations , you either stick with your young players and back them through rough times or completely destroy their confidence by dropping them

Good job we've got Ronaldo (Jones ) on the bench though to come in , is he still the same Jones who was equally as frustrating last season in a lower league ??

For me the midfield problems currently surround Doyle , he's too slow physically and on the ball too . Bayliss and Shipley are both covering a lot of ground to make up for his deficiencies and I wonder how much it is stifling both their natural games

Otis

I'm comparing situations , you either stick with your young players and back them through rough times or completely destroy their confidence by dropping them

Good job we've got Ronaldo (Jones ) on the bench though to come in , is he still the same Jones who was equally as frustrating last season in a lower league ??

For me the midfield problems currently surround Doyle , he's too slow physically and on the ball too . Bayliss and Shipley are both covering a lot of ground to make up for his deficiencies and I wonder how much it is stifling both their natural games
Interesting point.

Not really considered that, but Bayliss hasn't been as effective either has he.

Wonder if this is just a season too far for Doyle now and if he's brave enough to accept that himself if that is the case.

Martin180

Interesting point.

Not really considered that, but Bayliss hasn't been as effective either has he.

Wonder if this is just a season too far for Doyle now and if he's brave enough to accept that himself if that is the case.
Pompey realised 2 seasons ago he wouldn't be up to speed in L1 and look where they are now . I'm hoping both Ogogo and Kelly can get fit soon to add some athleticism in the middle of the park cause currently everything is so slow and ponderous

djr8369

I keep thinking the same thing and then they’ll be a game where Doyle seems to be everywhere at the right time. Added to the fact Ogogo has looked worse since the first game and Kelly isn’t fit yet I just don’t know what to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin180

I keep thinking the same thing and then they’ll be a game where Doyle seems to be everywhere at the right time. Added to the fact Ogogo has looked worse since the first game and Kelly isn’t fit yet I just don’t know what to think.

Doyle has been a great servant to this club in his two spells but his good performances are becoming fewer and fewer , especially late on in games he disappears as physically his legs don't get him about the park any more . He has also started sitting right on top of the back four negating any chance of a quick attack .
The great managers know when to replace players , look at Fergie again with Beckham , Keane and others

djr8369

Doyle has been a great servant to this club in his two spells but his good performances are becoming fewer and fewer , especially late on in games he disappears as physically his legs don't get him about the park any more . He has also started sitting right on top of the back four negating any chance of a quick attack .
The great managers know when to replace players , look at Fergie again with Beckham , Keane and others

I do think he sits so deep our overall shape is ruined and then Bayliss is limited going forward.

Samo

How long can a player dine off a really bad deflection for an own goal and a keeper wiping them out?

How many games ago was that?

Christ, I scored from a corner in middle school. I used have just used that in Sunday League if I was playing shit.

So he is a young lad and has been poor since then, it probably just means he needs resting but I don't think it justifies claims he can't play at this level.

covcity4life

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Oxford game is continually cited and it was on Sky sports. Maybe the posters who keep bringing this match up don't actually go to games therefore this match Sunderland and Wembley is all they've seen of Shipley in the last 6 months. Explains a few things.
Best post in entire thread

Otis

So he is a young lad and has been poor since then, it probably just means he needs resting but I don't think it justifies claims he can't play at this level.
There's also this thing known as 'out of form'.

Ogogo has been just as poor as Shipley. Is he not good enough for League One despite the fact he was already playing in League One before we got him?

ccfcway

What's his age to do with what I was saying though?

If he has a great game tomorrow it won't be because of his age...

of course it has something to do with it, he's inexperienced. He is going to be a lot more inconsistent than an experienced player. Look at Doyle, he's been consistent all season (argument to say its been consistently a 4/5 out of 10, but still consistent) as he isn't going to get any better at his age. Shipley, Balyiss etc will be inconsistent and a lot of that is down to age and experience, not ability

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

There's also this thing known as 'out of form'.

Ogogo has been just as poor as Shipley. Is he not good enough for League One despite the fact he was already playing in League One before we got him?
It's a bit like some posters on its forum, some have a bad day ,some have a good day and some are just shit all the time.

giphy.gif

covcity4life

We dropped Shipley and we won. Will people apologise to me? Doubtful

And before any1 moans fairplay to him being on pitch for winner. It's a win win like I said all along

Your welcome bitches

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

And before any1 moans fairplay to him being on pitch for winner. It's a win win like I said all along

Your welcome bitches
giphy.gif

Otis

Your welcome bitches
My welcome bitches have done what exactly?

covcity4life

well first off i was happy to give him game time to get back to form btw, thanks for assuming i want him out.

however as it is taking him some time(and once again i must put on record that i am not saying he will never return to form or do anything beneficial) i would look to rest him unless the team are picking up wins which is ok to buy him some more time

i would have given allasani a chance on left but hes now out on loan
so now if shipley needs time out i would be happy to see thomas or hiwula play on the left again and see what they do even if not natural positon. thought hiwula did ok there on opening day

understand argument that they wont track back as much but as i said earlier many a time i see players waltz past shipley so i dont think it would make a big a difference as some think.

Ok so another one of my tactical changes was used by robin's this week. This time putting hiwula back to left wing. So that's Thomas and hiwula who have been out on left since I posted AND Shipley has been dropped despite us being told he is unstoppable and we will concede loads if he doesn't play.

Oh and we have won 2 in a row!

Never ever debate with me kids. I know my football. And those that mocked my tactical changes eat your humble pie and apologise or at least deactivate your accounts

Hahahah

Last edited:

itsabuzzard

Ok so another one of my tactical changes was used by robin's this week. This time putting hiwula back to left wing. So that's Thomas and hiwula who have been out on left since I posted AND Shipley has been dropped despite us being told he is unstoppable and we will concede loads if he doesn't play.

Oh and we have won 2 in a row!

Never ever debate with me kids. I know my football. And those that mocked my tactical changes eat your humble pie and apologise or at least deactivate your accounts

Hahahah
You are undoubtedly a tactical genius, but you still can't stop yourself putting an apostrophe in Robins.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread