Jordan Shipley - is he good enough for league 1 (1 Viewer)

skyblueeyesrevisited

I thought the mIdfield was poor last night. Worst performance I’ve seen from Shipley. I was surprised he reemerged for the second half. Bayliss looked reluctant to make a proper challenge. He isn’t effective unless he has license to get forward. Doyle’s set pieces were pathetic. It’s either floated into the keeper or a short quick one that gets us nowhere. Surely we have someone that can deliver a free kick.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

On the Portsmouth performance Shipley needs to quicken his game otherwise he's a liability.

GaryJones

I thought the mIdfield was poor last night. Worst performance I’ve seen from Shipley. I was surprised he reemerged for the second half. Bayliss looked reluctant to make a proper challenge. He isn’t effective unless he has license to get forward. Doyle’s set pieces were pathetic. It’s either floated into the keeper or a short quick one that gets us nowhere. Surely we have someone that can deliver a free kick.
The throws ins are improving though!
One step at a time - next week we will work on free kicks maybe?

GaryJones

Now-Now - lets not rush into anything!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hey covcity4life looks like robin's did one of your tactical suggestions and subbed of Shipley!! Embarrassing for other posters on here tho!

#covcity4lifeisalwaysright
So one is now talking to one's self. :emoji_thinking:

Your crazy man. ;)

covcity4life

Alot quieter in this thread since Tuesday...

giphy.gif

Otis

I had no idea he was Irish.
Errm, nor did anyone else apparently.

Just Googled to check and got this for Wiki...

Screenshot_2018-10-05-14-21-14.png

ENGLISH footballer.

Clicked on the link.....

Screenshot_2018-10-05-14-21-24.png
And lo and behold he's Irish.

Guessing that Jordan Shipley just found out he's Irish and changed the page himself.

Samo

Apparently most on here know better than the professionals. :rolleyes:

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Heard the other day there are more people in England who can hold an Irish passport than there are in Ireland .So all of us Paddies should back him not knock him. A 21year old and some want perfection. Good luck to the lad.

Nick

Administrator
It might do him good, take him out of his comfort zone a bit and do new things / new coaches etc.

Samo

Apparently one person on here think that the Irish under 21's is a barometer of league one quality :rolleyes:

A few games ago he scored one and made one in a 2.1 win but apparently in the opinion of the collective fuckwit he is not good enough for L1? It really does seem that once a player has been singled out as the whipping boy he can do no right.

Skybluefaz

A few games ago he scored one and made one in a 2.1 win but apparently in the opinion of the collective fuckwit he is not good enough for L1? It really does seem that once a player has been singled out as the whipping boy he can do no right.
Have you seen how he's been playing? How long does a deflection and being fouled for a pen excuse the poor performances?

higgs

Fair play to him he's making a career for himself seems to be a nice bloke with a wise head on his shoulders

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

How long can a player dine off a really bad deflection for an own goal and a keeper wiping them out?

How many games ago was that?

Christ, I scored from a corner in middle school. I used have just used that in Sunday League if I was playing shit.

Users who are viewing this thread