January transfer window (1 Viewer)

SBT

Bold reporting to only name five teams in the division as possibly, maybe being after him. Really going out on a limb there.

Gibbo

I'd take the gamble and get rid, now we have the loan.

As I posted on twitter, there are 28 players including the new striker who could reasonably be considered for the matchday squad, including injured players (27 now Hissner has gone at least temporarily). Baka is the only one left who joined during 2018-2019 season. Four 'joined' in L2 - Shipley, Kelly, Hyam and Biamou. Everybody else, last season or this, so a manager's job is not easy. The idea of a settled squad is for the fairies.

Grendel

Better than any of our players according to some. He needs to fire his agent.

Why? I’d imagine they will contribute more to his wages there than we could and he goes straight into a promotion race

D

Deleted member 11652

I think Hull is a decent enough move. Drop a league, perform well and boost your confidence up and then sign for them in the summer when they’re likely to be a championship club anyway.

KenilworthSkyBlue

With Rose and Walker likely to still be weeks away from recovery/fitness there's not a great deal of cover if any of our fit CBs or STs suffer injuries. Especially if both of the aforementioned pick up niggles, further delaying their return date.

Magwitch

What is Walkers injury thought read initially calf strain but must be more serious than that and Rose for that matter.

junglej13

What is Walkers injury thought read initially calf strain but must be more serious than that and Rose for that matter.
Prognosis for Walker was 6 weeks out. Think that was 4 weeks ago. Rose has the same injury as Allen had last year. Tried to come back and broke down again. Apparently due back in some training next week.

AFCCOVENTRY

If Robins thinks we’re done in the transfer window then he needs to wheel and deal because we’ve got issues at the back and up front.

Deity

Really hope not.
I’m not sure we have enough to stay up ...

we have not strengthen this window, if anything we are weaker.

james is a swap for Kelly
Viktor for Godden

At the start of the campaign we were missing Dabo, Jobello and Rose but had Jones, and Walker. Only Dabo is back now.

In addition Shipley and Baka look very low in confidence now, but were full of it at the start of the season ( even if still largely ineffective )

I think it will be touch and go for the rest of the season and our lack of goals and lack of pace could cost us. We are too easy to set up against.

I think our squad is one of the worst 3 in the league but our manager is better than most of the bottom half. It’s whether Robins can be the difference or not.
Those that watched last night will understand why I said that I am not sure we have enough to stop up. It’s not that I’m certain we don’t, I’m just not certain we do.

Hyam off the pace, Shipley anonymous, O’Hare lacking end product, and no proven striker available for selection.

the next 3 matches are huge. ....

cc84cov

The fact that we have no money left to spend and STILL didn't buy or loan a new attacking midfielder is a disgrace.
Window isn’t closed yet but robins said his work his done might have cjsnfed after Shipley last night tho but can’t see it we’ve got to change the system

Winny the Bish

Window isn’t closed yet but robins said his work his done might have cjsnfed after Shipley last night tho but can’t see it we’ve got to change the system
Judging by his quotes we're already over budget and need to get rid of players just to balance the books. Unless an L1 team fancy giving us £500k for Baka, Kasta or Pask we're done.

cc84cov

Judging by his quotes we're already over budget and need to get rid of players just to balance the books. Unless an L1 team fancy giving us £500k for Baka, Kasta or Pask we're done.
I don’t see Pask or kasta going anywhere unfortunately baka maybe but will be a free

shmmeee

Yes. His experience will be invaluable at this level. He will sign in the summer.

Got to say, while his passing and corners are impressive, I don’t think he’s an organiser like Kelly, nor does he get his foot in on the edge of the box like Sheaf. If we’re so tight for budget we can’t have more than one fit striker and one capable AM, we really shouldn’t be wasting it on luxury players in non-essential positions with questionable fitness.

Hobo

Got to say, while his passing and corners are impressive, I don’t think he’s an organiser like Kelly, nor does he get his foot in on the edge of the box like Sheaf. If we’re so tight for budget we can’t have more than one fit striker and one capable AM, we really shouldn’t be wasting it on luxury players in non-essential positions with questionable fitness.

I am not going to judge what he can do and cant do after one game.

Users who are viewing this thread