January transfer window (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

I think with some clever transfer dealings in the window we can add a little more experience and quality to the squad.

Out:

Pask
Allen
Kasta
Baka
Hilsner (Loan)

In:
Camp (extend till end of the season)
Defender
Midfielder
Striker

SleepyGinger

I’d like an upgrade on baka/Biamou. A striker to play alongside Walker/godden. Think they are both similar strikers who like to get on the end of chances. I’ve always thought that kienan Davies at the vile looked a good player when I’ve seen him potentially be available on loan.

Gibbo

we have no money (so none coming in) and a comparatively small squad, (so none going out). We are also max'ed out on loans.

The only conceivable variable is the team's performance in December against the lower placed clubs. If that is half decent and we move up to lower mid-table, Robins will feel he's achieved his goals he agreed with SISU with what he has. If it goes badly, then maybe something might happen.

with regards the window in general, the intensity of the fixture list is beginning to cause havoc in some squads, and that might make it a busier january than usual.

robbiethemole

we've only got 4 loans so far, Giles, Osti, Sheaf and McCallum, I thought you could have up to 7 but only 5 in a matchday squad?

Plus Sam will probably be going back to poor old Narwich, seeing as they've only got 12 "pros" available, as they keep whingeing on about

mrtrench

I'm generally happy with the squad. I like Allen but I reluctantly accept now that he's not going to prosper in this league so I'd be happy to see him exchanged for someone young with potential from the lower leagues (or Walsh). And also maybe exchange Baka for the same (but a powerful, tall striker rather than another sniper). But I think this squad is good enough to survive and that'll do me for this season.

Consolidate, get another tranche of Championship money and kick on next year. It'll probably take several iterations before we can challenge at the top.

AFCCOVENTRY

we have no money (so none coming in) and a comparatively small squad, (so none going out). We are also max'ed out on loans.

The only conceivable variable is the team's performance in December against the lower placed clubs. If that is half decent and we move up to lower mid-table, Robins will feel he's achieved his goals he agreed with SISU with what he has. If it goes badly, then maybe something might happen.

with regards the window in general, the intensity of the fixture list is beginning to cause havoc in some squads, and that might make it a busier january than usual.

Well if Robins ships some out he can bring some in.

eastwoodsdustman

I’ve been told that Norwich are considering taking mccallum back in January. I hope not but it’s understandable with their current injuries.

Magwitch

I’d like more pace in the forward area on and off the ball I like Shipley, Kelly, Sheaf and Hamer but altogether there’s not a lot of pace it showed at times yesterday when Norwich broke forward there was danger. Pace turns defences round.
We have the youngster Bapaga who has loads of pace and there’s David Bremang don’t know much about him to be fair.

SBAndy

I’d like an upgrade on baka/Biamou. A striker to play alongside Walker/godden. Think they are both similar strikers who like to get on the end of chances. I’ve always thought that kienan Davies at the vile looked a good player when I’ve seen him potentially be available on loan.

Have also thought about Keinan Davis before (not in that way!). From what I’ve seen, his strength and link up play is very good, though he is making the match day squad most of the time at Villa.

shmmeee

If money wasn’t an issue, I’d want (in order) a CB a step above what we have, new GK, AM/W with pace, better version of Baka.

But money is an issue so I’ll take just not losing any first teamers.

Not sure about cleaning out the squad in Jan aside from Kasta, we might still go down and get the squad picked apart and many of them are decent L1 players.

If we stay up then there’ll be a lot of movement I reckon. Out: Wilson, Pask, Mason, Allen, Kasta, Jobello, Hilßner, Baka, Biamou. In: GK, CB, CB, LWB, LWB, CM, AM, AM, ST.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think with some clever transfer dealings in the window we can add a little more experience and quality to the squad.

Out:

Pask
Allen
Kasta
Baka
Hilsner (Loan)

In:
Camp (extend till end of the season)
Defender
Midfielder
Striker

I agree with the outs but it will depend on if others will be willing to take them. I doubt we'd get a fee (or only a nominal one) for them.

At the moment I'd want someone with a bit of pace in the ACM role. Despite having a few players that can play there none of them particularly stand out and most of them you'd say were squad players.

Skyblueweeman

I don't think we'll see that many going out...not with the amount of games we have. Especially if we do well in the FA Cup.

In fact, I'd be surprised if more than one player left.

junglej13

If any money can be made available for one player it should go towards an attacking midfielder preferably with pace.

Magwitch

If money wasn’t an issue, I’d want (in order) a CB a step above what we have, new GK, AM/W with pace, better version of Baka.

But money is an issue so I’ll take just not losing any first teamers.

Not sure about cleaning out the squad in Jan aside from Kasta, we might still go down and get the squad picked apart and many of them are decent L1 players.

If we stay up then there’ll be a lot of movement I reckon. Out: Wilson, Pask, Mason, Allen, Kasta, Jobello, Hilßner, Baka, Biamou. In: GK, CB, CB, LWB, LWB, CM, AM, AM, ST.
And where are their replacements coming g from ? five of that lot all played yesterday and another one has hardly kicked a ball in anger. Do you realise it costs money to sell players on contract.

SlowerThanPlatt

And where are their replacements coming g from ? five of that lot all played yesterday and another one has hardly kicked a ball in anger. Do you realise it costs money to sell players on contract.

How does it cost the club money to sell players under contract? That would only be if we terminated the contract and had to pay up the remaining of what they had left...

Magwitch

Because if players are sold while in contract normally their contract is paid up but letting all those players go as suggested would decimate our sub bench which now is nine what do you reckon ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Because if players are sold while in contract normally their contract is paid up but letting all those players go as suggested would decimate our sub bench which now is nine what do you reckon ?

If you actually read the post he said at the end of the season, you know when clubs usually restructure their squads?

Players would be let go and replaced which is standard protocol

Liquid Gold

I don't think we'll see too much activity as there isn't that much value in the January window. I agree that if we were to stay up then we can expect another big churn on the squad as we try and get every position and sub up to Championship standard.

I wonder if Brexit will affect our transfer policy?

larry_david

Have to work with what we've got. Max could easily be on 3 league goals plus the league Cup one. If, and it's a huge if, but if he'd scored those chances,that header from a yard out, hitting the bar from a yard out, he'd be on 4 goals and the only way is up.

Baka continues to look stronger, leaner and he's a handful. Held it up well, out muscled them and won some headers. Just wish he'd get a chance to put one in

Londonccfcfan

The jury is out imo. Personally don't rate him at all.

Don't think he will feature at all again barring alot of injuries.

If Sam was available. He would have come on as sub in his place. There's no doubt who I would I prefer. Even on The right hand side.

Once Da Costa is fit we won't be seeing Jobello even on the bench.

Magwitch

Striker for me possibly on loan, with all fit I think we are covered in defence and midfield can sort those at the end of the season but you always need goals and as we have seen recently we miss Godden, Max & Baka are okay but not ideal.

SlowerThanPlatt

An honest assessment

Asked which position he would like to strengthen if able to add in January, Robins chuckled: “We haven’t got any money.

It’s all ifs and buts and I just don’t know yet.

“We have to get to a position where the transfer window is open and see where we’re at.

“At the minute I am not interested in talking about anyone new coming in. We have to integrate the others.

“There are players out injured who we want to get back and we have to focus on that and helping them get to the levels we know they can reach because we know they can help us. And we’ll function better then.

“But ultimately, there’s no magic wand and there’s not enough money to go out and get anyone who is a ready-made player. That’s how our club functions.

“Whatever anyone says, we’re not playing fantasy football here. It’s the reality.”

edgy

You sure? It would make offering a sort-after player a long contract a bit of a nonesense wouldn't it?

Fairly sure only when a club terminates the contract does the remaining contract value is paid up.

Users who are viewing this thread