January transfer window (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Crowley would be a good signing. Decent window if we don’t lose anyone and get the Brighton lad and him in.

AOM

Wonder if we're likely to see any more outgoings?
Can't see Kastaneer going anywhere, but maybe Drysdale and Eccles out? Possibly Bapaga to get some first team experience?

D

Deleted member 11652

Crowley would make much more sense than the lad from Brighton. Be very surprised if it happened though

Brighton Sky Blue

He has been de-registered so I’d assume no fee and he wouldn’t be a loan which fits us at the moment.

Either way they'll obviously listen to whoever wants him. Hope we've at least had a look, if what Karanka says is true it'll be a steal

Sky Blue Pete

As I understand it we weren’t interested. He would be free in the summer though. You’ve got to think a good signing for them

Frostie

As I understand it we weren’t interested. He would be free in the summer though. You’ve got to think a good signing for them

Birmingham have a years option though. No guarantees that they won't sack Karanka & a new manager fancies keeping him. Or he does so well at Hull that they have a rethink.

Deity

Is that us done now on the ins front?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Really hope not.
I’m not sure we have enough to stay up ...

we have not strengthen this window, if anything we are weaker.

james is a swap for Kelly
Viktor for Godden

At the start of the campaign we were missing Dabo, Jobello and Rose but had Jones, and Walker. Only Dabo is back now.

In addition Shipley and Baka look very low in confidence now, but were full of it at the start of the season ( even if still largely ineffective )

I think it will be touch and go for the rest of the season and our lack of goals and lack of pace could cost us. We are too easy to set up against.

I think our squad is one of the worst 3 in the league but our manager is better than most of the bottom half. It’s whether Robins can be the difference or not.

Garryb80

Really hope not.

Viktor for Godden

At the start of the campaign we were missing Dabo, Jobello and Rose but had Jones, and Walker. Only Dabo is back now.

In addition Shipley and Baka look very low in confidence now, but were full of it at the start of the season ( even if still largely ineffective )

I think it will be touch and go for the rest of the season and our lack of goals and lack of pace could cost us. We are too easy to set up against.

I think our squad is one of the worst 3 in the league but our manager is better than most of the bottom half. It’s whether Robins can be the difference or not.
Hardly surprising as we have the second worst budget are miles behind the spend of most. Its all about staying up this year and we are still clear of the bottom 3 with half the season left.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If we sign an AM that is better than what we have maybe Ohare level but knows how to score maybe like 6 goals a season then I would be happy with our window

SBAndy

Really hope not.

Viktor for Godden

No offence but I think that’s absolute bollocks.

mrtrench

All about opinions. Which specific bits do you disagree with ?

Well for me, it's

" I’m not sure we have enough to stay up ...
we have not strengthen this window, if anything we are weaker. "

We've played half the season and we're 7 points clear of the relegation zone. We've been missing Godden and Marosi and Kelly for large chunks of that. Everything else being equal, the best prediction would be 14 points clear at the end. By thinking we may go down, you're imagining a massively worse second half giving away a 7 point handicap advantage.

And we've let nobody go yet who would realistically play in the first team and brought in two. How can that be weakening?

Maybe we will go down but I see no reason to be pessimistic at this stage.

Deity

Well for me, it's

" I’m not sure we have enough to stay up ...
we have not strengthen this window, if anything we are weaker. "

We've played half the season and we're 7 points clear of the relegation zone. We've been missing Godden and Marosi and Kelly for large chunks of that. Everything else being equal, the best prediction would be 14 points clear at the end. By thinking we may go down, you're imagining a massively worse second half giving away a 7 point handicap advantage.

And we've let nobody go yet who would realistically play in the first team and brought in two. How can that be weakening?

Maybe we will go down but I see no reason to be pessimistic at this stage.
Logic isn’t pessimism, just as ignorance is not optimism.

NortonSkyBlue

Logic isn’t pessimism, just as ignorance is not optimism.
Your post wasn’t logic and his wasn’t ignorance. It’s an opinion, a point of view based on nothing in particular.
I would suggest that you revisit your post at the end of the season and see if it was accurate or not.
My view is that we should ignore the other teams, concentrate on our results and finish the season as best we can and see where that takes us. I suspect that will be mid table.

steve cooper

Really hope not.

Viktor for Godden

What you seem to be forgetting, or ignoring is that we got the tactics wrong a number of times earlier in the season, playing too open for our ability, once MR tightened up the defence the results started coming. I know we had a difficult first few games in terms of the quality of opposition, but as we are half way through the season, we still have everyone to play again. Add to that some of the teams that started off well have dropped off in terms of performance, Bristol, Blackburn, Reading to a certain extent. I expect us to do better in the second half.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What we've done so far is bring in cover for injuries, though hopefully when those injuries are over it will leave us with a stronger squad.

Ideally I'd like an AM but not going to be a decent one available at a cheapish price right now and with the loan situation that would create problems in itself. So I can see Hamer being moved forward next to O'hare with James and Sheaf (Kelly when he's back) behind.

cc84cov

What we've done so far is bring in cover for injuries, though hopefully when those injuries are over it will leave us with a stronger squad.

Ideally I'd like an AM but not going to be a decent one available at a cheapish price right now and with the loan situation that would create problems in itself. So I can see Hamer being moved forward next to O'hare with James and Sheaf (Kelly when he's back) behind.
James isn’t cover for injuries he’s the best midfielder we have alongside Hamer

Hobo

James isn’t cover for injuries he’s the best midfielder we have alongside Hamer

Agree and think he could be made permanant in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread