January transfer window (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Would you want him here beyond the end of the season? I wouldn’t. He has a few plus-points but I feel this would have worked better as a loan if possible, otherwise we’d be upgrading our 3rd best striker without good reason.

Yeah ideally you’d say come here until the summer and prove yourself/put yourself in the shop window. I think you’re right we’d probably need better for the target man type striker, but we’d also need two so maybe he’d be a better 4th striker than Max?

SBAndy

Yeah ideally you’d say come here until the summer and prove yourself/put yourself in the shop window. I think you’re right we’d probably need better for the target man type striker, but we’d also need two so maybe he’d be a better 4th striker than Max?

I’d expect he would be better as 4th choice than Max. I’d also expect he’d be more expensive wage-wise. Plus, would he want to come to be 3rd/4th choice? I doubt it. Overall, I’d rather stick with what we’ve got and look at other options that would pose a challenge to Godden (even if we had to wait until summer for this one). Short-term loan will do as a quick fix until then.

AFCCOVENTRY

Wolves have recalled a few loan players today. Wonder if Giles will be called back as he isn’t playing enough?

mark82

This is the sort of signing where he will either step up comfortably or flop massively, no in between. Kind of like Omar Bogle.

Yep. Couldn't get into Doncaster's team last year so definitely a gamble, but £1m to the.likes of Cardiff is nothing. Would've been a major transfer for us at that kind of price.

AFCCOVENTRY

Norwich are on the verge of signing a Greek international left back.

Don’t think Sam is going to have much of a future at Norwich. Way down the pecking order now.

Users who are viewing this thread