Incoming (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Even last night during the post-match interview with TM, he confirmed that we are short of 'real men' and that he's been disappointed not to get more through the door.<snip>.

We are short of real men because we go rid of the ones we had: O'Brien, Fleck, Vincelot.

Nick

Administrator
I think people forget that we have actually brought in 11 players in this Window...

People going on about Mowbray walking because he couldn't bring in a striker, he has signed 4 out and out centre forwards when we only play 1. (5 if you include re-signing Tudgay)

Great_Expectations

We are short of real men because we go rid of the ones we had: O'Brien, Fleck, Vincelot.

Playing devils advocate:

O'Brien - did nothing but run around and shout at young inexperienced team mates.

Vincelot - half a season of being a "real man" then turned shit when things got tough.

Fleck - years and years of having bags of potential, but never achieving it and constantly hiding in games.

Not real men to me.

CCFC_Charlie

Closer than the guy that was at last nights game and has subsequently signed?

No, I didn't include that because he'd already signed. Last night Mowbray said one deal was done, one was close and one was a possibility. This was probably the close one due to the amount of press it has gotten.

coop

I would love to no how many of TM actual first choice targets he has got .None of us no for sure of his top targets so I suppose we will never really no.But I think it will be a struggle this season.

AFCCOVENTRY

I would love to no how many of TM actual first choice targets he has got .None of us no for sure of his top targets so I suppose we will never really no.But I think it will be a struggle this season.

Mogga had a dig at Sheff United saying they are signing everyone aka half of his top targets.

hill83

I can't see any more tonight. No doubt people will be going mental.

"Too young"
"Too old"
"No experience"
"Journeyman"
"Haven't signed any strikers"
"Signed too many strikers"
"6 month loan isn't long enough"
"12 months is too long"
"We never buy anyone"
"I can't believe we spent money on someone"

And so on. There will always be someone moaning no matter what. Don't worry about it.

Edit: I include myself in this by the way. I don't like 6 month loans and would prefer they were nailed down for the season, but I can see the reasoning behind it.

Last edited:

Martin180

Perhaps it's all a cunning plan by Mogga to become the scapegoat so our moron brigade of "supporters" have no young/experienced/slow/useless/etc player to boo and hope they do badly so they can say I told you so

Just a thought ....

Hobo

"Too young"
"Too old"
"No experience"
"Journeyman"
"Haven't signed any strikers"
"Signed too many strikers"
"6 month loan isn't long enough"
"12 months is too long"
"We never buy anyone"
"I can't believe we spent money on someone"

And so on. There will always be someone moaning no matter what. Don't worry about it.

Edit: I include myself in this by the way. I don't like 6 month loans and would prefer they were nailed down for the season, but I can see the reasoning behind it.

Can't believe we missed out on Nasri, Bony, Mangala and Hart....all were available on loan!

shmmeee

Gutted we won't be getting a young attacking player. Don't give a shit if theyre lazy half the time, you pay to see the likes of Kent, Jones and Murphy.

This loan deadline is bullshit.

Sky Blue Harry H

Gutted we won't be getting a young attacking player. Don't give a shit if theyre lazy half the time, you pay to see the likes of Kent, Jones and Murphy.

This loan deadline is bullshit.

You're last comment - bang on - it's making transfers a farce for all clubs outside of the Premiership

Deity

I still believe they will bring a striker in tonight and an out of contract centre half next week.

Hadji's_Goatee

I also think we'll take a full quota of loans too. Probably up to 6 as McBean is a 'development' one and won't be around the first team straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread