Incoming (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Seriously?
I thought that was an amazing signing from the off.

29 in 170 games....what was amazing about that?

covcity4life

Who we got who can play in 2 positions behind striker?

Lameires
Jones
Gadzhev
G thomas
Reid
?

I know agAi can play there too inguess. But would have liked 1 more speed merchsnt

A dre wright can play out wide so I think that completes a very good window for us

Well done mowbray. Now time to manage them

ccfcway

TM

"Once the window shuts we’ll try to find out-of-contract players who have waited to see what options they’ve got. There are lots of players out there but we have to find the right ones.”

Sky Blue 1987

TM

"Once the window shuts we’ll try to find out-of-contract players who have waited to see what options they’ve got. There are lots of players out there but we have to find the right ones.”

You missed out the bit he said before that:

"It was crucial we kept Marcus Tudgay and Sam Ricketts in the summer and Chris McCann has shown that he can stamp his class on a game but I’d have liked another one or two and it’s been really difficult to find the men who want to come where we are as a club at the moment."

georgehudson

precise comment from TM, in that it is & will be difficult to find those who want to come,
bearing in mind, where we are at the moment,
give those who are here a chance, some may fall by the wayside,
but equally, some may impress & progress,
if the owners are serious about getting out of this division,
then they need to back TM who has proven, over the years, that he can deliver,
PUSB

Sky Blue 1987

precise comment from TM, in that it is & will be difficult to find those who want to come,
bearing in mind, where we are at the moment,
give those who are here a chance, some may fall by the wayside,
but equally, some may impress & progress,
if the owners are serious about getting out of this division,
then they need to back TM who has proven, over the years, that he can deliver,
PUSB
I think that is what he means to a certain extent albeit by saying where we are as a club at the moment probably refers to us not being able to entice the players he wants due to financial/stadium/stability/league position/form factors which as a player other clubs would obviously be able to entice you over us....we don't the details on the transfers and loans completed by other clubs in this league but I am guessing agent and club fees could be a factor too...

Sky Blue 1987

and I think regarding your comment "if the owners are serious about getting out of this division, then they need to back TM who has proven, over the years, that he can deliver" that they maybe haven't got the sustainability or willing investment/investors in order to back Mowbray in that way. I personally think that by employing Mowbray with his experience they and the investors are hoping that he will be able to get us promoted at some point with minimal investment. Let's see how things pan out throughout the course of this season and I think that then we will see what the future holds as we are getting close to make or break point with the current structure and state of the club and business....

robbiekeane

and I think regarding your comment "if the owners are serious about getting out of this division, then they need to back TM who has proven, over the years, that he can deliver" that they maybe haven't got the sustainability or willing investment/investors in order to back Mowbray in that way. I personally think that by employing Mowbray with his experience they and the investors are hoping that he will be able to get us promoted at some point with minimal investment. Let's see how things pan out throughout the course of this season and I think that then we will see what the future holds as we are getting close to make or break point with the current structure and state of the club and business....
Investors likely have no voice or choice in where the fund invests it's money. They will care about growth numbers, and when they aren't satisfactory they invest elsewhere

Gazolba

Anyone thinking of joining us cannot fail to look at the L1 table and be thinking they could be in L2 next season. Last year they looked at us and thought we could be in the Championship the next season. A big difference.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anyone thinking of joining us cannot fail to look at the L1 table and be thinking they could be in L2 next season. Last year they looked at us and thought we could be in the Championship the next season. A big difference.
Any player looking at the league table after a handful of games is an idiot anyway and for that reason I wouldn't want them anyway.

Skybluefaz

I think footballers understand that a teams position in the league changes based on the results of that team, and others. I know they have a reputation for being dim, however I'm confident they grasp that concept.

Users who are viewing this thread