Incoming (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

Why are most of our signings loans and only until January? Lots of other clubs getting players on a season long loan?
goes both ways, if they're utter rubbish, we can send them back in Jan

AFCCOVENTRY

Just shows how bad our budget is that we can't get any sort of proven goalscorer from any league with experience.

FRY-CCFC

Just shows how bad our budget is that we can't get any sort of proven goalscorer from any league with experience.
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg

covcity4life

Mccann/Agyei/ Sterry/McBean

yeah i have no idea my post was published,i thought i closed browser lol

hence why i wrote mcann and then realised all others so stopped typing lol

hope agyei and sterry will be extended though,mccan off to mls and who knows whats going on with mcbean

ccfcway

it would be nice to get both RHM and the free transfer over the line tonight so we can concentrate to our squad until Jan, as opposed to it being drawn out for a few weeks

steve82

Your gonna have to pay good hard cash for that... Ideally you'd like a paddy madden type but that's out of the vast majority's price range in our league.
Charlton have been the only ones to spend on a proven goal scorer in Nicky Ajose shelling out 850k. They've also took a punt on Josh Magennis from killmarnock.
No one else has really been out and got that exciting proven goal scorer. MK Dons are the only others to break a record for Kieran Agard
We took marvin Sordell, Walsall took Simeon Jackson, Gillingham Jay Emanual Thomas, Northampton Alex revel, Chesterfield took Ched Evans, Swindon took Nathan delfounseo all strikers on free's. It's not a great shopping list baring Ched Evans so we're not alone.

Last edited:

oucho

We've made 11 signings since May excluding the renewals of Tuddy and Ricketts. The average age of them is 22 and that'll drop to 21 if the Villa lad joins. Sorry but the balance between youth and experience is too far towards the former at the moment. I think that's what did for us at the end of last season too. There was a stat on here recently showing we had the highest proportion of kids in our team out of all 72 clubs. The new signings have if anything lowered the average age of the senior squad, not increased it as should have happened. For all the talent of the new lads we are crying out for some more experience and more physicality. Only by signing players in their prime aged 24 to 29 do you get that. No more kids thanks.

6 Generations

We've made 11 signings since May excluding the renewals of Tuddy and Ricketts. The average age of them is 22 and that'll drop to 21 if the Villa lad joins. Sorry but the balance between youth and experience is too far towards the former at the moment. I think that's what did for us at the end of last season too. There was a stat on here recently showing we had the highest proportion of kids in our team out of all 72 clubs. The new signings have if anything lowered the average age of the senior squad, not increased it as should have happened. For all the talent of the new lads we are crying out for some more experience and more physicality. Only by signing players in their prime aged 24 to 29 do you get that. No more kids thanks.

Even last night during the post-match interview with TM, he confirmed that we are short of 'real men' and that he's been disappointed not to get more through the door.

Let's see where we are at 11pm tonight.

steve82

We're all after that experienced goal scorer but TM went out and got Marvin Sordell a 25 year old striker who's played over 200 games and got 50 career goals at a higher level. He didn't have the best of preseasons so maybe, just maybe he may come good. Personally I'm not too convinced but TM is the man who took the punt on him and he's far more experienced than I'll ever be.

coop

Moncur just signed for Peterborough I would of gone for him lots of experience and a good player at this level

oucho

steve82

I'd happily have him he's a horrible bastard on the pitch, something we lack. Does he fit the system... Not so sure on that.
However he's not played in Bradfords last 3 games I believe. Thought he was injured

JimmyHillsbeard

Hanson isn't fit at he moment. And has the move for the Villa player fallen through or was it never actually an option? Seems odd that Vile would suddenly decide he's too good to lose

FRY-CCFC

Hanson isn't fit at he moment. And has the move for the Villa player fallen through or was it never actually an option? Seems odd that Vile would suddenly decide he's too good to lose
he's not signed a new deal yet so they're not loaning him out till they've sorted his long term future

Users who are viewing this thread