Transfer Rumour Ian Maatsen (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

Up to a point 1) For half a season 2) highlights reels don’t show the number of times he failed to beat his man or find a City player with an aimless cross.

By the nature of the requirement for a winger to always do something special they are almost set up to fail. Smith was good for much longer than half a season, but when he eventually didn't live up to the standards shown in the highlights clip he quickly suffered at the hand of our boo boys who knocked his confidence, which of course is such a crucial attribute needed for wingers to perform at their best. As a result he noticeably stopped trying to take full backs on and played a more safety first game, which was not what had made him the player that starred for us when he first got in the team.

Hertsccfc

By the nature of the requirement for a winger to always do something special they are almost set up to fail. Smith was good for much longer than half a season, but when he eventually didn't live up to the standards shown in the highlights clip he quickly suffered at the hand of our boo boys who knocked his confidence, which of course is such a crucial attribute needed for wingers to perform at their best. As a result he noticeably stopped trying to take full backs on and played a more safety first game, which was not what had made him the player that starred for us when he first got in the team.
So true. Many a promising young player has been ruined by the boo boys.

Happy_Martian

We're still yet to find out what Big Dave's alias is on here...

Still convinced by this logic

Big Dave = B D
Better Days = B D

Always in the know, talks to someone close to the club and the first team (my guess is Robins ;) ), knows about transfers before they happen and knows about the injury status of a player when we didn't even know the player was out......

Come on BD.... 'fess up :p

wingy

Still convinced by this logic

Big Dave = B D
Better Days = B D

Always in the know, talks to someone close to the club and the first team (my guess is Robins ;) ), knows about transfers before they happen and knows about the injury status of a player when we didn't even know the player was out......

Come on BD.... 'fess up :p
Oh yeah and just reverse those letters, what do we have................ the DB
Yes and no. I don’t agree with booing players but if they are good enough they be good enough regardless.

That includes mental strength.
Well not entirely, we don't all mature at a given moment in time do we, there has to be some leeway I think.

Oops wrong quote.

Hertsccfc

Yes and no. I don’t agree with booing players but if they are good enough they’ll be good enough regardless.

That includes mental strength.
Don't agree. Imagine what it would be like as a teenager just making your way into the team and being ridiculed by your own supporters when you make a mistake or when you don't play the ball "forward" as some idiot, who has never played the game, shouts at you.

Can you imagine in your work what it would be like to be shouted at by people who know less about what you are doing than you do and don't have any of your talent? Would be bad enough as a grown up.

Sorry but I just can't work out why any supporter would do this to one of their own team's players. I might have been tempted in the past with players like Ashley Grimes and Kevin Kyle, but have never done it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Don't agree. Imagine what it would be like as a teenager just making your way into the team and being ridiculed by your own supporters when you make a mistake or when you don't play the ball "forward" as some idiot, who has never played the game, shouts at you.

Can you imagine in your work what it would be like to be shouted at by people who know less about what you are doing than you do and don't have any of your talent? Would be bad enough as a grown up.

Sorry but I just can't work out why any supporter would do this to one of their own team's players. I might have been tempted in the past with players like Ashley Grimes and Kevin Kyle, but have never done it.

Don't think you need to convince him anymore. He's u-turned quicker than a Tory during a covid briefing.

Users who are viewing this thread