Transfer Rumour Ian Maatsen (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Agreed....by comparing our team by the end of last season...we are still weaker.
Probably accepted we are gonna have to take a punt. And armt gonna get a proven left back at this level.

Let's hope this lad can defend ...I'm not sure he slot into left back role.

Certainly looks exciting going forward.

Good job we don’t play a left back then

hill83

Apparently there have been no babies called Gary since 2002 so unless one of you pulls your finger (or cock) out and has a baby Gary there'll be none left.

My exes dad is Gary. His nickname used to be Glitter.

JimmyHillsbeard

Can anyone provide a link to this from the Athletic? I don’t £ subscribe but it is a reliable source. Is the OP a cut and paste?

If we are signing a 19year old on loan from Chelsea it probably confirms what we suspected about the readiness of our own 19year old left back signed from Ross Co last year.

Liquid Gold

If you pull your cock out in not sure how successful you'd be. And you'll definitely not get there with fingers.
Sorry I missed sex education and have a face like a broken mirror so it's never really been something I have to worry about

rob9872

Reminds me of when we had Dujon in L1. Made some mistakes early but really grew and was outstanding by the time he left. His career somewhat stalled at Wigan but more recently had been injured a while, now getting his opportunity to shine pre-season under TT and could either stay there or be loaned out at our level. Not an area we need with Dabo if fully fit, but I imagine he'll be more than ready for the Championship this time around and hopefully Maatsen can be the same if there's any truth in it.

Frostie

Can anyone provide a link to this from the Athletic? I don’t £ subscribe but it is a reliable source. Is the OP a cut and paste?

If we are signing a 19year old on loan from Chelsea it probably confirms what we suspected about the readiness of our own 19year old left back signed from Ross Co last year.

The Athletic is usually legit.
Liam Twomey is their resident Chelsea reporter & has contacts within the club.
I'd say it's pretty nailed on.

And yes, agree on Reid but that's fine. Young players develop at different rates. He's still not had a regular run in his natural position for the U23s even yet.

Screenshot_20210723-141234~2.png

rexo87

OP is cut and paste. Did that just because athletic is subscribe so knew most people wouldn’t be able to see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

My exes dad is Gary. His nickname used to be Glitter.

giphy.gif

Londonccfcfan

Good job we don’t play a left back then
Good if we had that option if he's good enough. Sam was more than good enough to play that role when our centre backs got injured or sent off or when it was backs to wall holding on to a lead.

Still this an excellent exciting option going forward.

Londonccfcfan

I heard we've had a young European lad training with us
I guess this is him
From what I hear he's a big strong muscular lad with two good feet
Kieran Trippier isn't the tallest and he's done ok

Yeah same with Shaw and Robertson arnt tallest ...but now your talking a different stratosphere level of player.

shmmeee

Good if we had that option if he's good enough. Sam was more than good enough to play that role when our centre backs got injured or sent off or when it was backs to wall holding on to a lead.

Still this an excellent exciting option going forward.

Problem was Sam wasn’t a great wing back. Last season we had a good LB and a below average LW. Hopefully this guy is at least an average LWB

rexo87

I heard we've had a young European lad training with us
I guess this is him
From what I hear he's a big strong muscular lad with two good feet
Kieran Trippier isn't the tallest and he's done ok

Not sure that would be him think he’s been with Chelsea recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Problem was Sam wasn’t a great wing back. Last season we had a good LB and a below average LW. Hopefully this guy is at least an average LWB

This is the thing...Sam isn't gonna win you games. But yes with him not gonna lose you any.

Giles can win you game but he can also lose you a game.

A proper LWB does both competently.

Dabo at his best and fittest is a competent at both. He can still improve too defensively and offensivly.

Not sure this is our guy LWB. Assuming that's the go to formation.

Users who are viewing this thread