Transfer Rumour Ian Maatsen (2 Viewers)

Frostie

I used to be when I was 16 to have something to put on my Uni applications. You couldn't ask for players Overall rating to be changed - you can ONLY suggest changing individual attributes and you need PROOF in the form of video clips. That's why all the best players in L1/L2 are guys who were in the Prem/Championship a few years ago, because no matter their current playing ability in real life it's simply hard to suggest all the individual attribute decreases that move them to what their current rating should be.

Yep, that's basically correct. They have thousands of data reviewers + at least one data 'editor' for each club who reviews their feedback & then overall producers above that too.

They get a bad rep purely because people don't understand how their ratings system works. The overall rating really is meaningless & just a gimmick for the casuals & FUT players.
In my opinion they're often a lot closer to the mark than the likes of Football Manager who rated the likes of Maddison as only capable of ever being a League 2 player whilst he was with us.
I think they've got better re: the older players in the lower leagues but it's still not perfect. Generally speaking these players still have very good technical ability but are lacking physically etc. now & their overall rating algorithm isn't ideal for that.

Last edited:

cc84cov

Wing back system is here to stay this season if we are bringing this guy in I just don’t see him in a flat 4,might be just me...Some of his clips looks to be playing midfield No.8 shirt for the Dutch

Last edited:

Grendel

I'm hearing this has broken down and were now close to bringing Steve Staunton in on trial. Damn you COVID....

We are trying to persuade Elliot Ward to come out of retirement - then Mr Monkey and (Not very) Great Expectations will tell everyone its better than any shite that Luton have signed

cc84cov

Very highly thought of at Chelsea came through Feyenoord academy also Hamer follows him on Instagram 😃

Great_Expectations

We are trying to persuade Elliot Ward to come out of retirement - then Mr Monkey and (Not very) Great Expectations will tell everyone its better than any shite that Luton have signed

At least tag me if you’re going to reference me.

It’s very out of the blue, especially as I haven’t compared us to Luton in any of my posts, so all in all quite bizarre really. Good to see I’m still on your mind though considering we’ve had zero engagement all summer.

fatso

Very highly thought of at Chelsea came through Feyenoord academy also Hamer follows him on Instagram 😃

Pask was very highly thought of at west ham too, Ponticelli was highly thought of here.
In short it means very little.

Samo

That's exactly my point!
Everyone will be running round like 12 year olds with their first hard on if he signs!
Cant we hold the excitement till we've at least seen him play?

No

fatso

How do you make it through the day? Jesus Christ.

You haven't even seen the lad play yet.
Just to put my comments into perspective,
Can you name me 1 youth player (just 1) at any club in any league, in any country that ISN'T highly rated by their club?

Ccfcisparks

Can you name me 1 youth player (just 1) at any club in any league, in any country that ISN'T highly rated by their club?
I imagine quite a few of the U18's we didnt give a contract to at the end of last season weren't highly by the club

procdoc

So by your logic no young players should be given a chance anywhere ever. Fuck me you're clueless. We should never have signed Dijon Sterling, Jordan Henderson etc

fatso

So by your logic no young players should be given a chance anywhere ever. Fuck me you're clueless. We should never have signed Dijon Sterling, Jordan Henderson etc
You really are some special kind of prick arnt you.

What fucking part of waiting till we've seen him play before getting excited did you not understand?

He could be the best thi g we've ever seen, or he could disappear up his own arse!

Now get your mum to read this and explain it to you in little words so you can actually understand it, you fucking brain dead moron!

shmmeee

Charlton wanted him back so he can’t have been that bad, word from their fans was he looked like a world beater at first then declined.

So glass half full: he’s a potential world beater

glass half empty: he declined to a level not good enough for L1

Pays your money takes your choice.

Liquid Gold

Charlton wanted him back so he can’t have been that bad, word from their fans was he looked like a world beater at first then declined.

So glass half full: he’s a potential world beater

glass half empty: he declined to a level not good enough for L1

Pays your money takes your choice.
I'm not surprised he declined playing his first season in League 1 in the compacted COVID season. Must have really been tough on him physically.

He's had a summer break now so should be back to his best.

I think it's a really positive signing.

David O'Day

That's exactly my point!
Everyone will be running round like 12 year olds with their first hard on if he signs!
Cant we hold the excitement till we've at least seen him play?

Pask was 22 and had been released by West Ham

Ponti had scored a few goals in the youth team of a3rd/4th tier side

They don't really compare.

Also the last teenage dutch left back we signed from Chelsea went on to do alright

procdoc

You really are some special kind of prick arnt you.

What fucking part of waiting till we've seen him play before getting excited did you not understand?

He could be the best thi g we've ever seen, or he could disappear up his own arse!

Now get your mum to read this and explain it to you in little words so you can actually understand it, you fucking brain dead moron!
You’re a clueless individual that spouts constant shite on here 24/7, I’m calling you out on your absolute nonsense

South West Sky Blue

I'm not surprised he declined playing his first season in League 1 in the compacted COVID season. Must have really been tough on him physically.

He's had a summer break now so should be back to his best.

I think it's a really positive signing.
Quite a common occurrence for younger players to do well at the start of the season and mentally and physically tire as the season drags on. Key here is to have a decent back up who can step in to give the lad a rest.
Armstrong wasn't the same player for us after January, Mowbray must be flipping young!

Users who are viewing this thread