Transfer Rumour Ian Maatsen (1 Viewer)

hill83

I still stand by it to be fair. I even said I don’t agree with booing. But maybe I explained it incorrectly. The best players in my opinion thrive off negativity and proving people wrong.

Nothing better then getting some stick in Sunday league then pinging one top corner.

DannyThomas_1981

Don't agree. Imagine what it would be like as a teenager just making your way into the team and being ridiculed by your own supporters when you make a mistake or when you don't play the ball "forward" as some idiot, who has never played the game, shouts at you.

Can you imagine in your work what it would be like to be shouted at by people who know less about what you are doing than you do and don't have any of your talent? Would be bad enough as a grown up.

Sorry but I just can't work out why any supporter would do this to one of their own team's players. I might have been tempted in the past with players like Ashley Grimes and Kevin Kyle, but have never done it.

Exactly this - and why some of us object to the Clowns on here who have never kicked a ball who choose to mock, criticise and deride targeted players week after week - it's embarrassing, clueless most of the time and damaging to the team they claim to support. Absolutely fucking senseless.

shmmeee

I still stand by it to be fair. I even said I don’t agree with booing. But maybe I explained it incorrectly. The best players in my opinion thrive off negativity and proving people wrong.

Nothing better then getting some stick in Sunday league then pinging one top corner.

Think this is true TBH, the worst thing about modern mental health advice is to not learn to deal with it IMO. Equally don’t think people should get stick if they can’t.

Now excuse me while I remove this fence post from my arse.

DannyThomas_1981

Got that - stick it to the oppo if they are giving you some stick - nothing better.
But booing your own team or constantly putting the boot into targeted players online like some morons on here - it's senseless and most players don't perform given that sort of abuse.

hill83

Got that - stick it to the oppo if they are giving you some stick - nothing better.
But booing your own team or constantly putting the boot into targeted players online like some morons on here - it's senseless and most players don't perform given that sort of abuse.

Agree-ish. But online specifically, I wouldn’t give a flying fuck personally. Don’t get me wrong, some of the shite on here is pathetic. And proper abuse/ racism on Twitter etc yeah of course.
But who gives a fuck what BigladWyken69Carling says about your ability to whip a cross in on here.

That lad lobbing his season ticket at Jacob Murphy did him a favour long term didn’t it?

rob9872

Agree with some of this, but equally some of the abuse hurled at Burge when he was actually playing for us was a disgrace. Now he's at Sunderland he's fair game, but abusing your own is pretty low in my book.

*unless it's Bellamy or Kyle

DannyThomas_1981

Got anyone in particular in mind Danny?
Platty - there's more than one twat on here unfortunately. I sincerely wish he was the only one but sadly not the case. It really is a joke that the keyboard warriors who couldn't get a game for the Dog and Duck reserves in their prime and clearly have no understanding of the game - choose to spend their time calling our own players 'shit' at every opportunity - with zero understanding as to how elite you have to be to make it anywhere near Champ level.

Grendel

Platty - there's more than one twat on here unfortunately. I sincerely wish he was the only one but sadly not the case. It really is a joke that the keyboard warriors who couldn't get a game for the Dog and Duck reserves in their prime and clearly have no understanding of the game - choose to spend their time calling our own players 'shit' at every opportunity - with zero understanding as to how elite you have to be to make it anywhere near Champ level.

Lol you are hilarious

DannyThomas_1981

Agree-ish. But online specifically, I wouldn’t give a flying fuck personally. Don’t get me wrong, some of the shite on here is pathetic. And proper abuse/ racism on Twitter etc yeah of course.
But who gives a fuck what BigladWyken69Carling says about your ability to whip a cross in on here.

Got it Hilly. But players do read this and consistent, uninformed and in most cases unfair criticism has an impact whatever we might think. And also damages morale within the team. We all have opinions on players right but sometimes it would be good to see something more balanced vs. constant derision. Seems to me that some on here take an instant dislike to a player and then dedicate years to be seen to be proven right that the player is 'shit' however that player is performing on the pitch. Great fucking support and all that.

procdoc

Got it Hilly. But players do read this and consistent, uninformed and in most cases unfair criticism has an impact whatever we might think. And also damages morale within the team. We all have opinions on players right but sometimes it would be good to see something more balanced vs. constant derision. Seems to me that some on here take an instant dislike to a player and then dedicate years to be seen to be proven right that the player is 'shit' however that player is performing on the pitch. Great fucking support and all that.
I get your point but we as fans pay a lot of money to watch these players so should be able to voice an opinion on their performances

DannyThomas_1981

Lol you are hilarious
Serious question.
When are you next calling for a taxi (which will be for the 5th time) for the most successful manager in English football over the past 4 seasons and statistically our most successful manager ever?
Or do you now admit you are wrong.

Grendel

Serious question.
When are you next calling for a taxi (which will be for the 5th time) for the most successful manager in English football over the past 4 seasons and statistically our most successful manager ever?
Or do you now admit you are wrong.

Danny you’ve called everyone in this forum a moron if they’ve never played football to your level

However despite numerous times of asking you’ve never said what that level is

Ccfcisparks

Thing is I could wipe my arse on his wage

giphy.gif

rob9872

With more expensive tickets this season, people will feel more entitled to do so as well. Not saying I agree with that, but if we're losing 3-0 to someone after 20 minutes it will nip harder at £30 than £20.
And tbf most £30 are for tough games so more likely to happen :)

procdoc

With more expensive tickets this season, people will feel more entitled to do so as well. Not saying I agree with that, but if we're losing 3-0 to someone after 20 minutes it will nip harder at £30 than £20.
Yep completely agree with you there. I’ve only shouted at a player if they’re not pulling their weight, ambling back or generally just being a lazy shit. If a player misplaces a pass they haven’t done it on purpose. If they can’t be arsed to track a runner then they deserve calling out for it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yep completely agree with you there. I’ve only shouted at a player if they’re not pulling their weight, ambling back or generally just being a lazy shit. If a player misplaces a pass they haven’t done it on purpose. If they can’t be arsed to track a runner then they deserve calling out for it

I suffer from a shitty form of bipolar as well, so you can imagine what going to a game with me is like.

SHITE
WORLDCLASS

I don't boo though.

Users who are viewing this thread