Have We Been Closed Down Then? (3 Viewers)

hill83

A bit like you swallowing your fav website's estimated transfer fees, and you posting them on here as a fact?

Bit like you swallowing your live football streaming websites link and lording it on here with it only to fall flat on your face again.

hill83

I_Can_Typing.gif

martcov

So your saying the original thread was a non story?

Not speaking for Tony, but.... From my point of view..

no, and your "non story" thread started so:

You said: "Have We Been Closed Down Then?
Or was it more spurious bullshit by the Council Evening Telegraph regarding Mr Pressley?"

the answer is: no it is not spurious bullshit. The article was clear about it being "threatening" and "theoretical". It is a newsworthy story. Your thread and spin is however spurious bullshit. It seems that no "gullible fools fell for it" as there is nothing to fall for. Nothing has happened and nothing will til after Easter. Even then there will be discussions/ negotiations - the possibility, as outlined by the CT does however still exist. Wtf has Mount Everest or the P.I.T.S. Stadium got to do with the story? Or were you just distracting?

Sky Blue Kid

The same as you saying it's fact players haven't signed for us because they think we will go bust? Do you have horses?
Why do you lie when trying to prove me wrong? If you are going to accuse me of saying something that I didn't say get your fucking facts straight first!...............What I actually said was........ "Being an ex player, I've known players who wouldn't touch teams in our predicament with the proverbial barge pole mate! This is coming from players that would sooner pick up wages and play in the reserves and play in the first team now and again"

Nick

Administrator
Why do you lie when trying to prove me wrong? If you are going to accuse me of saying something that I didn't say get your fucking facts straight first!...............What I actually said was........ "Being an ex player, I've known players who wouldn't touch teams in our predicament with the proverbial barge pole mate! This is coming from players that would sooner pick up wages and play in the reserves and play in the first team now and again"

What have I lied about? The same as where you went on a pissy pants rant about me calling you a liar when you were going off on one and being wrong again?

I don't need to lie to prove you wrong, you do a great job of it yourself.

Noggin

It was over 3 months after issuing the statutory demand that ACL issued a winding up order. 5th December acl issue statutory demand, sisu didn't challenge it so acl win by default (as Pressley was a week away from doing in the article), 13th March ACL petition for administration. While I don't for a second think that sisu would let it get that far this time, for the most part we have all been wrong frequently when it has come to what sisu is going to do and while it probably has been quietly sorted we don't actually know that. This is a reasonable criticism of the telegraph, having written this article we should have been given an update at the deadline.

This absolutely is/was a newsworthy story and the cet wouldn't have been doing a good job if they had ignored it, even if he hadn't issued a statutory demand the fact the club and pressley were in depute was news, the fact he had done so made it significant news even if it was likely that sisu would pay up or reach a deal, them challenging the statutory demand was also a reasonably likely option in which case more court was to follow again news

The Grendel account has become a parody, I'm glad to see it's the majority that realise that.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Not speaking for Tony, but.... From my point of view..

no, and your "non story" thread started so:

You said: "Have We Been Closed Down Then?
Or was it more spurious bullshit by the Council Evening Telegraph regarding Mr Pressley?"

the answer is: no it is not spurious bullshit. The article was clear about it being "threatening" and "theoretical". It is a newsworthy story. Your thread and spin is however spurious bullshit. It seems that no "gullible fools fell for it" as there is nothing to fall for. Nothing has happened and nothing will til after Easter. Even then there will be discussions/ negotiations - the possibility, as outlined by the CT does however still exist. Wtf has Mount Everest or the P.I.T.S. Stadium got to do with the story? Or were you just distracting?

No use trying to bring common sense into the debate.

Let folk have their faux indignation - they seem to enjoy it and it doesn't do any harm.

In fact it's helped produce one of the most entertaining threads for ages.

Sky Blue Kid

What have I lied about? The same as where you went on a pissy pants rant about me calling you a liar when you were going off on one and being wrong again? I don't need to lie to prove you wrong, you do a great job of it yourself.
FFS! You lied about me saying players won't come to CCFC because of SISU etc......READ what I posted in my last post! I said I've known players who "Wouldn't come to teams in our predicament"(Generalisation) not players won't come to CCFC "Fact" I think you must be the only poster to read it that way. I can apologise when I'm wrong(As I have in the past) You can't though can you!

Nick

Administrator
FFS! You lied about me saying players won't come to CCFC because of SISU etc......READ what I posted in my last post! I said I've known players who "Wouldn't come to teams in our predicament"(Generalisation) not players won't come to CCFC "Fact" I think you must be the only poster to read it that way. I can apologise when I'm wrong(As I have in the past) You can't though can you!

Erm I can, and I have on plenty of occasions when wrong. Including to you, so you are making yourself look silly again.

Seriously, back away from the computer.

skybluetony176

This is the best thread ever. Well done Grendull. Next time there's a "non-story" in the "council evening telegraph" that you don't like after the initial thread has disappeared can you start a second thread again just to keep the focus on it? Perhaps you could bump up the original thread again as well? That was a master stroke :claping hands:

SBT

Grendel - any chance you can answer that question of mine? Starting to look weird now.

Why do you think the CT's editorial policy is to destabilise the club and lower fan morale?

Grendel

Grendel - any chance you can answer that question of mine? Starting to look weird now.

Why do you think the CT's editorial policy is to destabilise the club and lower fan morale?

Because they are not called the Council Evening Telegraph for nothing?

- blanket wasps coverage with links to how to purchase tickets
- constant wasps PR
- a really strange match report post Pressley basically saying he shouldn't have been sacked
- the sports editor questioning fans' literacy
- football "experts" mysteriously appears g and the headline omitting several key facts supporting the opposite of their agenda.

Enough for you?

martcov

- constant wasps PR
- a really strange match report post Pressley basically saying he shouldn't have been sacked
- football "experts" mysteriously appears g and the headline omitting several key facts supporting the opposite of their agenda.

Enough for you?

to be balanced, would you not agree that if the CT's policy is to destabilise the club and lower fan morale, it is line with the results of SISU's policy during their tenure?

SBT

- constant wasps PR

Enough for you?

No, you've misunderstood my question. I'm well aware of the fact that you believe there's an editorial conspiracy at the CT. I want to know what you think the CT's motivation for that is. It would be almost unprecedented in local journalism history, so they can't just be doing it for no reason - what do they stand to gain?

Grendel

No, you've misunderstood my question. I'm well aware of the fact that you believe there's an editorial conspiracy at the CT. I want to know what you think the CT's motivation for that is. It would be almost unprecedented in local journalism history, so they can't just be doing it for no reason - what do they stand to gain?

They are supporting the councils stance. It's hardly a difficult concept to grasp is it.

skybluetony176

- constant wasps PR

Enough for you?

You forgot that they've stopped covering city games and covering city good news stories plus they didn't cover the people who represent the majority of fans putting the smallest fans groups (I'm sure the SBT only has two members) right on how great SISU are at the SCG (I'm sure that's what the SCG is for) and they had the cheek to fabricate stories about job creation at Jaguar Whitley (I'm sure you can confirm that this is lies having the inside track) and LTI.

chiefdave

It would be almost unprecedented in local journalism history

Local papers take a stance and run campaigns all the time! It wasn't too long ago the Telegraph were running a campaign about how wrong it was for clubs to be playing outside of their hometown, that's not really a neutral stance is it?

Nick

Administrator
Local papers take a stance and run campaigns all the time! It wasn't too long ago the Telegraph were running a campaign about how wrong it was for clubs to be playing outside of their hometown, that's not really a neutral stance is it?

I'd say that was a fair stance to have, would just need to be consistent.

SBT

They are supporting the councils stance. It's hardly a difficult concept to grasp is it.

It's an extremely easy concept to grasp, but unfortunately I think that's been your undoing here.

Seriously - I get it. When someone makes a pattern of decisions that you disagree with - whether it's a politician, your boss, your parents, a football manager, whoever - it's very easy to assume there's some sinister ulterior motive at play. Pull a few questionable episodes together and you've got yourself a nice, convenient narrative that these opinions which seem so appalling to you are actually part of some vast conspiracy, which handily explains these decisions that seem so unfathomable to you. There are probably hundreds of people who do the same thing on here when it comes to SISU - you're doing it now with the local newspaper.

All the things you've listed above could hypothetically be the result of a newspaper-wide conspiracy, where a cabal of multiple journalists are commissioned to write pieces with the sole twin purpose of destabilising Coventry City Football Club, and lowering the morale of its fans (one of its core readership groups). They're being told to do this regardless of what facts may counteract them, because....well, because they have to support the council of course. Why do they have to do that? Above all other editorial and commercial concerns? Well, I'm sure you'll explain that to me another day. But either way - you're suggesting something quite major here.

Alternatively, you could take a breath and see them as something much simpler - newspaper articles that you disagree with. You've felt moved to start an entire thread to this article of supposed "spurious bullshit", when there's nothing to suggest it's factually incorrect in any way. You seem outraged at the mention of a potential winding-up order - so why did they include it in the story? Was it to spice the story up to ensure it got more clicks/eyeballs? Was it to cover their journalistic bases, so if a winding-up order did follow they could show they were on top of the story from the start? Or was it included solely to further the council conspiracy? Your previous opinions on the CT's work may well inform your choice.

Do I think the CT is whiter than white? Of course not - I can't think of any newspapers that don't get their hands dirty. The Alan Poole article was a disgrace, and Les Reid has made some pretty serious accusations about the CT's handling of particular stories, which deserve scrutiny. (I have my own opinions on Reid's own calamitous handling of the CCFC drama btw, don't worry) But forgive me if I don't immediately jump to the conclusion that the CT is quietly employing tactics more worthy of Soviet Russia than provincial sports journalism.

hill83

It wasn't even a serious comment, he's got beautiful hands with the correct amount of fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread