Have We Been Closed Down Then? (4 Viewers)

Grendel

The headline once more:

Coventry City: Steven Pressley in legal threat over payout after his sacking

It is as much the content as the headline that is spurious though is it not? Emotive language such as "at war" "threat of being closed down" is inflammatory and aimed at creating an atmosphere of fear and concern when in reality this was not an uncommon occurrence.

Still I am glad you are on -- can you clarify what the 50% increase in Wasps' turnover refers to? What time period is it measured against and how does the seasonality compare to the prior ACL board?

skybluetony176

You should feel silly - that wouldn't even make it onto Bobby Davro's warm up man's script.

It is a shame you did not answer the question as I knew what you would say. The problem is that you are confusing the term with the physical item. I suggest the likes of you, Astute and Martcov read the link regarding spurious data. Remember the headline is not false -- it is, however totally spurious due to a third variable conveniently overlooked.

This is the same with the article in question (before this childish attempt at diversion by you). The item is not false but the spurious element is that the process taken is not uncommon but never leads to the outcome the headline suggests.

Today's claim of 50% turnover is highly spurious as it does not even refer to the benchmark it is based on. Is it the last 4 months versus the prior 4 months? Given that there was a big pre-booked event over Easter then the suggestion this is a success would be highly spurious -- but not false.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27537142

Who's Bobby Davro?

skybluetony176

The headline once more:

Coventry City: Steven Pressley in legal threat over payout after his sacking

Yeah but Grendull only works in synonyms. He thinks it should have been a story about SP bribing the random drug testers in football. He read the headline as Steven Pressley in forensic risk over cash after his discharge. Clearly the story was about something else, hence its spurious.

Grendel

Yeah but Grendull only works in synonyms. He thinks it should have been a story about SP bribing the random drug testers in football. He read the headline as Steven Pressley in forensic risk over cash after his discharge. Clearly the story was about something else, hence its spurious.

Why are you answering for Simon? Do you think he is not capable of answering the legitimate questions I ask him?

Why do you constantly try to divert legitimate questions?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Genuine question here, why does every Wasps article have links to tickets at the end? Are Wasps paying the telegraph for that or is it just the telegraph doing their bit to support franchise sport?

Astute

Genuine question here, why does every Wasps article have links to tickets at the end? Are Wasps paying the telegraph for that or is it just the telegraph doing their bit to support franchise sport?

It is nothing to do with the CET. You will have had cookies left on your system from when you have been looking at something to do with Wasps. So have you been looking at their ticket prices previously? If not what were you doing on a site with something to do with them?

Nick

Administrator
It is nothing to do with the CET. You will have had cookies left on your system from when you have been looking at something to do with Wasps. So have you been looking at their ticket prices previously? If not what were you doing on a site with something to do with them?

No, he means on the CET.

Grendel

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Astute

No, he means on the CET.

Are the links not adverts which are shown depending on what you have previously looked at? I have never seen what he says, but have also never looked at anything to do with Wasps as the whole thing is so wrong.

Grendel

Been reading some of your own posts again?

I think it's your inability to read that's so funny. You do it every time.

Astute

I think it's your inability to read that's so funny. You do it every time.

And as usual just about everyone is wrong and you are right :D

The headline once more:

Coventry City: Steven Pressley in legal threat over payout after his sacking.

So how many pathetic arguments have you tried to cause from such an easy sentence to read?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Are the links not adverts which are shown depending on what you have previously looked at? I have never seen what he says, but have also never looked at anything to do with Wasps as the whole thing is so wrong.

No they are not adverts, I mean the text which is part of the article at the end of most Wasps related stories.

Deputy chairman Nick Eastwood said: “The Exeter Chiefs game is absolutely massive for the club and we hope the Ricoh is buzzing on April 26.

“We need as many of our supporters as possible to come out and play their part – they need to be our 16th man. A big, vocal, home crowd will give the squad a huge lift. It would be brilliant to see a sea of black and gold for this crucial fixture.”
Tickets for the match are priced from £15 and are available at the Ricoh Arena box-office, online at www.wasps.co.uk and www.ticketmaster.co.uk/wasps or from 08448 471 867.

Grendel

And as usual just about everyone is wrong and you are right :D

The headline once more:

Coventry City: Steven Pressley in legal threat over payout after his sacking.

So how many pathetic arguments have you tried to cause from such an easy sentence to read?

I haven't - I've questioned the phraseology in the content and the emotional rhetoric.

I've also questioned Simon on the 50% turnover but he's done a runner.

Sycophant Tony tried to help Simon out and failed. He also seems to have run away. I'm sure you'll be next in line to defend him in your usual well thought out way.

skybluetony176

That must be why I always get advert's for Russian brides come up on this site if I don't login ;)

skybluetony176

I haven't - I've questioned the phraseology in the content and the emotional rhetoric.

Sycophant Tony tried to help Simon out and failed. He also seems to have run away. I'm sure you'll be next in line to defend him in your usual well thought out way.

I've been busy in the garden erecting a fence. My mistake, that wont make sense to you as you only talk in synonyms.

Try this. I've been raising a rampart in the allotment. Better?

chiefdave

I can't believe this thread has lasted this long. It is very clear that the original article had an intention to, being charitable, mislead. As has been established this sort of situation is fairly common yet you hardly see a mention of it when it happens elsewhere let alone talk of winding up orders. You might as well have an article in there when ACL get their electric bill saying if they don't pay it they could be wound up.

People can argue semantics and definitions of words used all they want but you'd have to be an idiot not to be able to see the underlying tone of some of the CT articles, and the timing of them, recently.

I'd like to know this. If its paid advertising by Wasps why isn't it being flagged as such and if it isn't why doesn't the same information appear of articles about us. Even if the club don't supply it how hard is it for someone at the telegraph to google the clubs phone number and website?

martcov

So the CT made a factual report over a payment demand made because the debtors had not paid on time. The debtors have "Form" for not paying on time. This is newsworthy as the question is why didn't They pay on time, or at least start negotiations? Why always lawyers letters or demands? Now the CT (and hinted at by some, the Trinity Mirror Group ) are trying to destabilise the Club and demoralise the fans ( Grendel I think said that ) by reporting the facts. Now Grendel has admiitted there were no untruths but claims it was designed to scare people - who? Even Tim said it would be sorted in the article.
This is just looking for a conspiracy - the question is why doesn't Les Reid get questioned and analysed like this? He clearly has an Agenda.

Nick

Administrator
So the CT made a factual report over a payment demand made because the debtors had not paid on time. The debtors have "Form" for not paying on time. This is newsworthy as the question is why didn't They pay on time, or at least start negotiations? Why always lawyers letters or demands? Now the CT (and hinted at by some, the Trinity Mirror Group ) are trying to destabilise the Club and demoralise the fans ( Grendel I think said that ) by reporting the facts. Now Grendel has admiitted there were no untruths but claims it was designed to scare people - who? Even Tim said it would be sorted in the article.
This is just looking for a conspiracy - the question is why doesn't Les Reid get questioned and analysed like this? He clearly has an Agenda.
He probably would if it looked like it was against the football team I support (not the owners, it could say tim Fisher blows goats for all I care).

It isn't just me and grendel who notice it, which makes it a bit more realistic...

skybluetony176

He probably would if it looked like it was against the football team I support (not the owners, it could say tim Fisher blows goats for all I care).

It isn't just me and grendel who notice it, which makes it a bit more realistic...

So what about all the bad decisions SISU have made against the football team you support? I've never seen you get on your high horse over them. Which is really odd as those decisions unarguably demoralise and destabilise the fans and team. Our dramatic falls in attendances and league position are all the evidence you need of this and it's staring you right in the face.

I suspect if a local paper did a list of these decisions against the club with unquestionable evidence to back it up you and grendull would be all over the thread slating the paper that's only pointing out the obvious (well accept to you, grendull and a select few) while ignoring the thread about the perpetrators of those decisions.

SBT

Speaking of doing a runner - you never gave me that reply to that post of mine!

(But seriously, I would rather read your reply than suffer another eight pages of Nick's tiresome sub-editing masterclass)

Astute

It would have been good for our clubs owners if Reid was right at any time. For instance if CCC, Higgs or getting more personal someone like AL had done something legally wrong. And after what has gone on some only have blame on CCC whilst ignoring that they tried their best to help our football club. And before you start Grendel I am not saying only blame CCC. But I know you either have a problem understanding plain English or just love twisting words. That is RFC's job alone.

He has gone from being a respected reporter to working for a mickey mouse free paper nobody reads unless someone on here posts his latest rehash of stories that were released ages ago and no proof found. I would say it is more that some hope he is right in some way a lot more than anyone thinking he is right. There is more chance of Reid uncovering something than SISU building us a stadium. It is all we can hope for. But it doesn't look as though he has found anything at all. But it is good enough for the CCC haters to keep making things up about.

Rant over. Good morning everyone. Let another day of stupid debating begin :p

letsallsingtogether

Your right funny how everyone else has noticed what you gren and torch to name a a few think.
Funny how you have a go at a newspaper and blame them for our plight, yet attack others who RIGHTLY blame the owners......

Users who are viewing this thread