Have We Been Closed Down Then? (4 Viewers)

Grendel

I don't much fancy trawling through 200+ posts (Did you really check?! Cute) of drivel, but I'm still not sure as to why the Telegraph is to blame for that. Are they obliged to make their stories as dull as possible?

The point is - there was no story - just anti ccFC journalism aimed at lowering morale and destabilisation.

It takes 1 second to check the number of posts by the way

The Gentleman

I don't much fancy trawling through 200+ posts (Did you really check?! Cute) of drivel, but I'm still not sure as to why the Telegraph is to blame for that. Are they obliged to make their stories as dull as possible?

In some peoples eyes, the Telegraph and CCC are to blame for everything.

SBT

The point is - there was no story - just anti ccFC journalism aimed at lowering morale and destabilisation.

No story? Really? Strange that it got such a big reaction then. By the way, I can't even see the original thread on the first page of this forum, so fair play for having it on speed dial - hope you'll continue to keep tabs on the number of replies for us.

Out of interest, what do you think the newspaper's motivation is in trying to lower fan morale and destabilise the club? You seem to know a lot about journalism - is that part of a long term business plan on the CT's part? Or is it a sub-clause somewhere in Trinity Mirror's charter?

letsallsingtogether

No story? Really? Strange that it got such a big reaction then. By the way, I can't even see the original thread on the first page of this forum, so fair play for having it on speed dial - hope you'll continue to keep tabs on the number of replies for us.

Out of interest, what do you think the newspaper's motivation is in trying to lower fan morale and destabilise the club? You seem to know a lot about journalism - is that part of a long term business plan on the CT's part? Or is it a sub-clause somewhere in Trinity Mirror's charter?

Of course it is!!
Dropping sales in the Newspaper world due to the internet, and the Telegraph are trying to alienate and lose even more readers by deliberately lying and misleading a percentage of its customer base?

Clever stuff why don't more businesses think of that.:thinking about:

Ha now I see where they got that strategy from:eek::)

bigfatronssba

I love a good conspiracy theory, although this is one of the best yet.

So now the Telegraph is anti CCFC?

Poor old Sisu, everyone's against them aren't they?

skybluetony176

If you truly believe this the most worrying aspect is that you are more concerned about the apparent 5ml of action from the CT aimed at lowering morale and creating destabilisation against the ocean of this created by our owners. You truly are an idiot.

Last edited:

martcov

The people who have repeatedly lowered my morale are not the people reporting on this long running saga, but those in charge of CCFC. Those that could adopt a more morale boosting attitude by dropping the eternal JRs and concentrating on sorting out the stadium problem. Fruitless chats with Rugby Council don't inspire me. Oh, and just phone SP's lawyers and sort out any misunderstandings there. Give CT a positive story to report.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick... It doesn't say "Threatens" it says "Pressley’s lawyers served the club with astatutory notice on March 10, demanding payment within 21 days. They have untilMarch 28 to appeal to a court but if they fail to do that, and don’t cough upthe cash by the end of the month, they could theoretically face a winding-up order."....................."theoretically".....Is not a lie, but a possible outcome. No lie there.... Nothing to see here, move on!

Grendel

@ Nick... It doesn't say "Threatens" it says "Pressley’s lawyers served the club with astatutory notice on March 10, demanding payment within 21 days. They have untilMarch 28 to appeal to a court but if they fail to do that, and don’t cough upthe cash by the end of the month, they could theoretically face a winding-up order."....................."theoretically".....Is not a lie, but a possible outcome. No lie there.... Nothing to see here, move on!
Seemed plenty to see when the news first broke. Everyone was over it like a rash.

Sky Blue Kid

Seemed plenty to see when the news first broke. Everyone was over it like a rash.
Where SP is concerned, love him or loathe him, the scum owes him contracted money, pay up and f**k off. We all know however what SISU and a contract means, SISU will try and worm their way out of paying anything.

J

Jack Griffin

Where SP is concerned, love him or loathe him, the scum owes him contracted money, pay up and f**k off. We all know however what SISU and a contract means, SISU will try and worm their way out of paying anything.

Waggot gave an unproven manager a very long term deal with a great pay off then sacked him 4 months later.

Great plan that! If the pay off ruins the club then I blame Grendel for leading the calls to sack Pressely. :whistle:

bigfatronssba

Would you prefer it if we only discussed issues that were pre-approved by you?

skybluetony176

Waggot gave an unproven manager a very long term deal with a great pay off then sacked him 4 months later.

Great plan that! If the pay off ruins the club then I blame Grendel for leading the calls to sack Pressely. :whistle:

The CT made him do it. It's all their fault

Nick

Administrator

As I said, the article says:

Former boss and club at war over compensation deal as Steven Pressley issues order against Coventry City which threatens to have Sky Blues wound up if they don't pay up

Re-read it.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick.... Instead of attacking my post why don't YOU RE-READ what it actually says as posted by Dazzle Tommy Dazzle!

Nick

Administrator
@ Nick.... Instead of attacking my post why don't YOU RE-READ what it actually says as posted by Dazzle Tommy Dazzle!

Why don't you read it on the Telegraph website instead of attacking my posts and then come back to me? I quoted it, as in Copy and Pasted it directly from the article.

martcov

Why don't you read it on the Telegraph website instead of attacking my posts and then come back to me? I quoted it, as in Copy and Pasted it directly from the article.

Either way, no-one has said that we are being closed down. "Threatened" or "theoretically" is accurate. The whole thread is just an invention to beat the CT with. A typical "no news day" on SBT.

Nick

Administrator
Either way, no-one has said that we are being closed down. "Threatened" or "theoretically" is accurate. The whole thread is just an invention to beat the CT with. A typical "no news day" on SBT.

No, it says the order SP has put forward is threatening to have us wound up.

Nick

Administrator

I suggest you re-read the correct link....

giphy.gif

martcov

No, it says the order SP has put forward is threatening to have us wound up.

Exactly. If it said we were being wound up, then Grendel would have a point. Nothing will happen over Easter, but it would be nice to know if the "threat" has been dealt with. A meeting between the parties ended with a handshake and a joint statement that the issue has been settled would boost morale all round. We have a relegation battle to concentrate on.

Sky Blue Kid

The article says...SP threatens SISU with "Legal Action" which he is quite within his rights to do so. It means he has threatened to "SUE the kings of suing, SISU"....Ironic don't you think?

Nick

Administrator
The article says...SP threatens SISU with "Legal Action" which he is quite within his rights to do so. It means he has threatened to "SUE the kings of suing, SISU"....Ironic don't you think?

It says what I quoted, which you seemed to take a bit of an issue with.

Nonleagueherewecome

Pardon? OP's having a laugh. Where's that "wanker" smiley when you really need it, eh?

Grendel

He hasn't sued them though has he - why haven't the CT found out what the latest developments are?

Why the sensationalist language which ended up with a very lengthy thread which as I pointed out at the time was a non story.

Something I was shouted down for.

Grendel

He would prefer it if we all defended SISU like he does.

Strangely I've always asked you to back that up with some evidence. Something you've always failed to do.

The only defenders of sisu on here are Ginetta and Schmeee - I've always thought them as useless.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd suggest in truth you actually listen to what Farage said to be fair.

Yeah, but I'd then have to visit a doctor to have the bile and hatred physically drained from my inner ear. I'd rather just cut out the racist middle man and not bother who the whole pathetic debacle.

Nonleagueherewecome

Strangely I've always asked you to back that up with some evidence. Something you've always failed to do.

The only defenders of sisu on here are Ginetta and Schmeee - I've always thought them as useless.

No, you don't defend, you're an attack-dog.

skybluetony176

He hasn't sued them though has he - why haven't the CT found out what the latest developments are?

Why the sensationalist language which ended up with a very lengthy thread which as I pointed out at the time was a non story.

Something I was shouted down for.

If it's such a non story why have you started a second thread on the subject? Sounds like a touch of biting off your nose to spite your face to me. You're moaning about the interest by creating interest. Like I said earlier. You're an idiot.

Grendel

If it's such a non story why have you started a second thread on the subject? Sounds like a touch of biting off your nose to spite your face to me. You're moaning about the interest by creating interest. Like I said earlier. You're an idiot.

Tony your stalking me again. Please stop.

Users who are viewing this thread