Have We Been Closed Down Then? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Or was it more spurious bullshit by the Council Evening Telegraph regarding Mr Pressley?

Grendel

letsallsingtogether

Pressley threatening the club with court action - usual gullible fools swallowing the council mouthpieces garbage.
Just what we have come to expect from you sisu / C Guardian mouthpiece any way elections are now upon is vote blue if you hate them that much. Or maybe for that other idiot Farage just hope you dont get HIV ;)

Hobo

Or was it more spurious bullshit by the Council Evening Telegraph regarding Mr Pressley?

the article said they could "theoretically face a winding up order". I don't think anyone felt it would come to that, except maybe you?

Astute

the article said they could "theoretically face a winding up order". I don't think anyone felt it would come to that, except maybe you?

Even Grendel doesn't think so. But as you know he is always looking for a stick to beat anyone who stands up to SISU in any way.

Nick

Administrator
[h=2]Former boss and club at war over compensation deal as Steven Pressley issues order against Coventry City which threatens to have Sky Blues wound up if they don't pay up[/h]

Ashdown

Just what we have come to expect from you sisu / C Guardian mouthpiece any way elections are now upon is vote blue if you hate them that much. Or maybe for that other idiot Farage just hope you dont get HIV ;)

I'd suggest in truth you actually listen to what Farage said to be fair.

letsallsingtogether

Maybe they will report it in the free hamster paper then I suppose it will have to be true as an award winning journalist would have written it

DazzleTommyDazzle

This is/was the article:

Former Coventry Citymanager Steven Pressleyis suing the club for breach of contract.
The Scot is demanding the pay-off he says is dueto him after he was sacked three weeks ago – five months after signing a newfour-year deal.
The terms of that contract – signed at a timewhen City were more concerned that Pressley could be lured away by another club– apparently included a clause that he would be paid 18 months salary within a week.
Pressley’s lawyers served the club with astatutory notice on March 10, demanding payment within 21 days. They have untilMarch 28 to appeal to a court but if they fail to do that, and don’t cough upthe cash by the end of the month, they could theoretically face a winding-up order.
Pressley, who admitted that he was “devastated”to be sacked after leading the club’s battle for survival despiteadministration, transfer embargoes and exile to Sixfields, declined to comment last night.
And City chairman Tim Fisherissued a brief statement saying: “We are in negotiations with the LeagueManagers’ Association and lawyers representing Steven Pressley.
"We are hopeful of reaching a sensiblesettlement for all parties.”
Pressley’s only comment since his dismissal came in a statement issued via the LeagueManagers Association when he said: “I would like to put on record myappreciation and gratitude for the opportunity I was given at Coventry City FC.
“Aseveryone is aware, the club is going through the most turbulent period in its proud history.
“Inevitably,as a manager, this has led to unprecedented challenges but I have tackled each one of them with my utmost endeavour.
“Obviously I am extremely disappointed to have lost my job and am utterly convinced that,with the work that has been done to date, the team would have gone on toconsolidate their position in League One before achieving further success.
“Iam exceptionally grateful to the supporters, the players, my staff and, inparticular, my assistant Neil MacFarlane for their unwavering supportthroughout my time at the club.”

But Alex Smith, the chairman of the Scottish LMA,launched a bitter attack on the Sky Blues board, saying: “Steven went downthere full of ambition, to pour his heart into the job.

“It didn’t get any easier when the club was deducted points for going intoadministration and were forced to play their home games in Northampton, morethan 30 miles away from their own stadium in Coventry, which obviously reducedtheir crowds.

“Therewere a whole lot of circumstances which Steven was up against, like having tosell his two top strikers who were scoring something 50 goals.“Basically,because of the financial situation he was never working on a level playing field. I just feel Coventry City have let him down. If that’s what they are going to dowith our young managers – taking them to the promised land as they call it -then spit them out as soon as they hit a bit of trouble – it’s not good enough.
“He was not ready to leave Coventry. He was just starting his job, getting the structure in place.
It all takes time for things to develop and that has been the case at Falkirk.Whoever comes and gets Steven will be very fortunate. He will be a veryattractive manager to take on, that’s for sure.”

Could someone please point out the part that has caused such outrage.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

I'd suggest in truth you actually listen to what Farage said to be fair.
why just another racist slimeball.. TBF

Just interpreting it the way I want just as the OP has done with his particular article.

Grendel

So your saying no one said that - are you sure?

letsallsingtogether

So your saying no one said that - are you sure?
Come on then enlighten us I know you can't wait ...
you started the thread so come on spill the beans. Or are you waiting for someone else to do it for you?

Nick

Administrator
This is/was the article:

Former Coventry Citymanager Steven Pressleyis suing the club for breach of contract.
The Scot is demanding the pay-off he says is dueto him after he was sacked three weeks ago – five months after signing a newfour-year deal.
The terms of that contract – signed at a timewhen City were more concerned that Pressley could be lured away by another club– apparently included a clause that he would be paid 18 months salary within a week.
Pressley’s lawyers served the club with astatutory notice on March 10, demanding payment within 21 days. They have untilMarch 28 to appeal to a court but if they fail to do that, and don’t cough upthe cash by the end of the month, they could theoretically face a winding-up order.
Pressley, who admitted that he was “devastated”to be sacked after leading the club’s battle for survival despiteadministration, transfer embargoes and exile to Sixfields, declined to comment last night.
And City chairman Tim Fisherissued a brief statement saying: “We are in negotiations with the LeagueManagers’ Association and lawyers representing Steven Pressley.
"We are hopeful of reaching a sensiblesettlement for all parties.”
Pressley’s only comment since his dismissal came in a statement issued via the LeagueManagers Association when he said: “I would like to put on record myappreciation and gratitude for the opportunity I was given at Coventry City FC.
“Aseveryone is aware, the club is going through the most turbulent period in its proud history.
“Inevitably,as a manager, this has led to unprecedented challenges but I have tackled each one of them with my utmost endeavour.
“Obviously I am extremely disappointed to have lost my job and am utterly convinced that,with the work that has been done to date, the team would have gone on toconsolidate their position in League One before achieving further success.
“Iam exceptionally grateful to the supporters, the players, my staff and, inparticular, my assistant Neil MacFarlane for their unwavering supportthroughout my time at the club.”

But Alex Smith, the chairman of the Scottish LMA,launched a bitter attack on the Sky Blues board, saying: “Steven went downthere full of ambition, to pour his heart into the job.

“It didn’t get any easier when the club was deducted points for going intoadministration and were forced to play their home games in Northampton, morethan 30 miles away from their own stadium in Coventry, which obviously reducedtheir crowds.

“Therewere a whole lot of circumstances which Steven was up against, like having tosell his two top strikers who were scoring something 50 goals.“Basically,because of the financial situation he was never working on a level playing field. I just feel Coventry City have let him down. If that’s what they are going to dowith our young managers – taking them to the promised land as they call it -then spit them out as soon as they hit a bit of trouble – it’s not good enough.
“He was not ready to leave Coventry. He was just starting his job, getting the structure in place.
It all takes time for things to develop and that has been the case at Falkirk.Whoever comes and gets Steven will be very fortunate. He will be a veryattractive manager to take on, that’s for sure.”

Could someone please point out the part that has caused such outrage.
You have missed the bit I quoted though. That's in bold at the start of the article.

martcov

You have missed the bit I quoted though. That's in bold at the start of the article.

The bit that says "threatens"? I cannot Believe that gullible fools read that as "Club will be liquidated at end of March". Would be nice to know if the Threat has been removed though.

RegTheDonk

I'm assuming that the part "They have until March 28 to appeal to a court but if they fail to do that, and don’t cough up the cash by the end of the month, they could theoretically face a winding-up order." is the bit under debate.

Presumably G is insinuating that the CT pointed the theory out to make it a bigger story than it is - rather than SP's lawyers saying pay up or else?

hill83

Headline: "You won't believe what happened!!!!!!!"

Article: "Nothing LOL, buy stuff"

DazzleTommyDazzle

I don't think anybody is hysterical, I think the point is about the scare mongering.

OK - maybe hysterical is a bit strong ,but then "spurious bullshit by the Council Evening Telegraph" isn't exactly measured.

The headline is intemperate - as so many are - I think it's sadly part of a sub-editor's (I think it's them wot do it) job description, but I don't see the problem with the article.

So is this (non-hysterical) fuss simply about the headline, or is it that it wasn't written by an award winning journalist? ;)

Grendel

OK - maybe hysterical is a bit strong ,but then "spurious bullshit by the Council Evening Telegraph" isn't exactly measured.

The headline is intemperate - as so many are - I think it's sadly part of a sub-editor's (I think it's them wot do it) job description, but I don't see the problem with the article.

So is this (non-hysterical) fuss simply about the headline, or is it that it wasn't written by an award winning journalist? ;)

Well the same could be said as to why some people on the original thread said he must be paid what he is owed but when another ex Scottish manager did the same.,..well, the response was less positive to the defendant.

The Gentleman

Well the same could be said as to why some people on the original thread said he must be paid what he is owed but when another ex Scottish manager did the same.,..well, the response was less positive to the defendant.

3 pages and that was your point Grendel, that's boring even by your standards. You've been on here quite a bit lately, had the sack from Burger King?

SBT

Wait, am I supposed to be angry at the CT, or people on here who misunderstood their (entirely factual) article? My outrage is going completely to waste here.

SBT

I think G alludes to those who took the fact that SP being able to issue a winding up order as a foregone conclusion

I read the opening post again. I don't see any allusion to anyone other than the Telegraph (cool new nickname!) and its "spurious bullshit".

Grendel

I read the opening post again. I don't see any allusion to anyone other than the Telegraph (cool new nickname!) and its "spurious bullshit".

I would suggest you visit the 217 posts made on the original thread. Hysterical nonsense and scaremongering as I said on that thread. Perhaps Simon can inform us how we can fulfil our fixture on Monday.

SBT

I would suggest you visit the 217 posts made on the original thread. Hysterical nonsense and scaremongering as I said on that thread. Perhaps Simon can inform us how we can fulfil our fixture on Monday.

I don't much fancy trawling through 200+ posts (Did you really check?! Cute) of drivel, but I'm still not sure as to why the Telegraph is to blame for that. Are they obliged to make their stories as dull as possible?

Users who are viewing this thread