Gyökeres Bids (6 Viewers)

Esoterica

Part of the problem with the fan's valuation of Gyokeres is that his contribution and importance to the way we play is probably more valuable than his goals scored. The way he can drift left and right and pull defenders out of position, creating space while holding the ball up while we counter attack. But are other teams interested in him for those same attributes or for his goals? Those attributes, while vital to us, do not come at the premium that a regular 20 goal a season striker does.

Without improving his finishing, and he's still young enough that he might, I don't think he will ever be consistent enough in front of goal as he's just not a natural finisher. A confidence striker who will have hot streaks and barren spells just like this season. Would have though 8 million plus add ons is more realistic and he needs to make sure he goes somewhere where the manager appreciates and will utilise his entire game, not just stick him up front and expect 15-20 goals a season.

SkyBlueMatt

If Gyokeres stays another season and hits 20+ goals, he's worth 15mil all day long.

If I could go into my dreamworld for a moment, having Armstrong upfront with Gyokeres would be a perfect front two :love: and I don't think we would struggle for goals.

Now step back to reality (ope there goes gravity) if we could get 10mil upfront for Gyokeres. I think that would be a good bit of business. Ideally, you don't get rid of a (near) 20 goal a season striker (plus all the other aspects to his game) for any amount of money. That's not our situation though, we have to sell and reinvest.

There IS another Gyokeres & Hamer out there for 1mil but it's all about if the staff have the knowledge and luck to find them.

Personally, I hope we keep the band together. Robins gets a few million to buy 2/3 players and a couple impressive PL youngsters on loan.

Mcbean

No club who’s ever had Juninho (and in his pomp) can be described as unfashionable
i knew when i posted it was the only discussion point - they were in the first division when he was there , spoke no English so someone must have bullshitted him about the area - we seemed to lose everytime we went there - we seemed to draw them in the cups and lose - or was just my imagination or poor memory as i am old now !

alexccfc99

Difference here is Villa call the shots and don’t have a need to sell him

We can call the shots if we want too we need to play hard ball, either clubs pay through the nose or they don’t get him

If Keinan Davis who has scored 8 League goals in his whole career is going for £15m and we settle for any less than £10m for Gyökeres I’d be royally hacked off and think we’ve massively undersold

David O'Day

Lads, you are going spare over a tweet from a Journo that doesn't even say anyone has bid for anyone and by a journo who knows nothing yet as most of the football world is on holiday.

If you carry on like this all summer you are going to make yourselves ill

Grendel

Lads, you are going spare over a tweet from a Journo that doesn't even say anyone has bid for anyone and by a journo who knows nothing yet as most of the football world is on holiday.

If you carry on like this all summer you are going to make yourselves ill

it’s special brew day isn’t it - you have even stumbled across a football thread in your stupor

Cue: Grenners you are on ignore - I don’t speak to racists - I know exactly what you are posting - you are a pissed stained tramp

Tony would like the post but it’s a ccfc thread so he won’t come across it

Jamesimus

Northumberland in a great place to be fair

It is. It's also bloody miles away from Middlesbrough.

Obviously I know money talks and any bids around 10 million and he'll be gone, but it would certainly be a sideways move currently.

Warwickhunt

Dont forget Gyokeres scored 18 goals with none being penalties which is remarkable considering its his first full campain in the Championship, that will have been noticed by some premiership teams!

alexccfc99

Yes the Barnsley miss was quite painful and a valuable lesson learned

We could have seen a totally different side of Waghorn had he took and scored that penalty as well, could have lit the touch paper for him

For an experienced pro must have been a dent in the confidence for someone who was then a relative unknown to take a pressure penalty ahead of you

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ivan Toney in 2020 Pboro- Brentford (when still in Championship).... estimated at £5 million and around £10 million with add-ons.

Gérard Bowen - Hull to Hammers Jan 2020 for £18million. ( allegedly earns £5m pa).

Adam Armsttong - Blackburn-Saints, in 2021, £15million.

All very prolific strikers playing in average champ team, so IF we sell Gyokeres to PL team then I would say around £10m. To a championship team about £5m with substantial add ons.
Can I just say I don't think we should sell him he is key to next season and improving. His finishing will improve to.

I don't think we will sell him this summer, unless he insists.
Why would we sell him for less to a rival? If he's worth more don't sell him to clubs that can't afford him.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Got me wondering about our links to Plange (and a couple of other Palace lads have been mentioned too as rumours)
Its quite interesting being linked to a couple of their players, potential deal between the clubs? They loan their prospects to us we provide something in return such as first dibs on our good players?

Briles

If he goes for over 8 million then he becomes our second most valuable player of all time. Not bad that.

long way home

MR will not care about the fee until it hits a figure he knows is good enough to be able to replace and potentially add quality to the squad. Comparing other transfers is pointless as each situation is different, some clubs have to sell, some players force a move, some clubs have a figure in mind and dont have to act until its reached.

Either way we are a different club than in the past and are not quiet in stating none are for sale and none are asking to move. Therefore any interested party will pay what we see as that players value to us, and not what others deem as fair.

Users who are viewing this thread