Gyökeres Bids (6 Viewers)

Kilclines curly mullet

If we let him go for less than 15 we're selling ourselves short.
For years we've moaned about letting players go on the cheap and now people are trying to punt players for peanuts!
I would love the club to get £15 million but in my opinion it simply won’t happen.
Im being realistic but happy to be proved wrong.
It certainly doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things what I ’punt’ players for - only the bidding club and us decide.
For what it’s worth, I think Hamer is worth £6-£8 million. Ohare, £4-5 million

It’sabatch87

Wasn’t Chris Wilder very complimentary about Vik if I remember correctly?
Said the best Performance by opposing striker at the riverside?
I’d want at least 12million though with 25% sell on.

procdoc

I would love the club to get £15 million but in my opinion it simply won’t happen.
Im being realistic but happy to be proved wrong.
It certainly doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things what I ’punt’ players for - only the bidding club and us decide.
For what it’s worth, I think Hamer is worth £6-£8 million. Ohare, £4-5 million
The idea is to squeeze out more money than what they’re actually worth

alexccfc99

Wasn’t Chris Wilder very complimentary about Vik if I remember correctly?
Said the best Performance by opposing striker at the riverside?
I’d want at least 12million though with 25% sell on.

Wilder has had a chip on his shoulder about City ever since the whole Sheffield United protest episode a few years ago so the praise he give us was a bit of a shock

skyblue1991

I don't think we'll get £15m but it's not unreasonable

We should be aiming for £10m minimum though, and to a Premier League club or a recently relegated Championship club who we won't be able to compete with over a season (e.g. Norwich)

long way home

If the player wants out then the club will set the price. If the player is happy then 20 mill could be set and nothing else matters unless its matched.

I don't think we are going to be pushed around in the market and if MR can get a few out the door, allowing a few really good ones in, our better players will not consider Boro as step up. Thats the position the club should be want to be and the signal it sends out to anyone thinking we are an easy touch.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

You do realise Watkins was deployed as a winger during his first two seasons at Brentford don't you?

The two aren't at all comparable.
Tbh I never knew that, presumed he was a slow burner.

Championship Top Scorers - BBC Sport Looking at this would think Brereton-Diaz and Piroe will will be ahead of him for moves. The latter 22 goals in a side which didn’t challenge is very impressive

Last edited:

WestEndAgro

Think Vik would be a good fit at Southampton, any move for him should be up a level imo, I believe he would get starts there, or potentially be loaned back to the championship for a season.

CDK

Think 15mill as a minimum for vik,we hold all the cards and not another championship club as why make them stronger.

SBT

I would bet on Vik continuing to progress and ultimately increase in value, but I doubt Boddy and co will pass up the chance of an eight-figure fee this window. For them, the risk is Gyokeres starting the season with another 12 game goal drought - how much is he worth then?

SkyBlueCharlie9

Ivan Toney in 2020 Pboro- Brentford (when still in Championship).... estimated at £5 million and around £10 million with add-ons.

Gérard Bowen - Hull to Hammers Jan 2020 for £18million. ( allegedly earns £5m pa).

Adam Armsttong - Blackburn-Saints, in 2021, £15million.

All very prolific strikers playing in average champ team, so IF we sell Gyokeres to PL team then I would say around £10m. To a championship team about £5m with substantial add ons.
Can I just say I don't think we should sell him he is key to next season and improving. His finishing will improve to.

I don't think we will sell him this summer, unless he insists.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wilder has had a chip on his shoulder about City ever since the whole Sheffield United protest episode a few years ago so the praise he give us was a bit of a shock

Like about half the league who got away with playing garbage against us he went along with the ‘best side to play here’ guff

Users who are viewing this thread