Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If this is true unfortunately it probably indicates Liam Walsh will be going back to Bristol was hoping we could nick him. might still do if Bristol go up.
I don’t think this is definitely the case. We need to replace Kelly. By the sounds of it it’s the role Hamer plays

junglej13

Exactly. People were surprised at what we spent when we came up to L1, everyone assumed we’d be feeding on scraps and rejects. As I say maybe more hope than expectation, but wouldn’t be surprised to see us spend a bit more than people think on the right players.
We received approx £2m from the Maddison sell on clause and sold McNulty for £1.2m. Chaplin, Baka and Hiwula were probably £1m in total. Similar this year... Sold McCallum £3.5, Chaplin £1m, Bayliss £2m. Bought Godden for £750k. I know these are all the reported fees and will be structured but gives a flavour where the money came from. Just highlights how good the recruitment has been certainly the last 12-18months.

Brylowes

I know most of us think we will end up being promoted ‘one way or another’ but if this deal is really
happening it would suggest the club have already been given a cast iron guarantee IMHO.

CanadianCCFC

Is it realistic, given the current situation, for any club (let alone us) to be offering 7 figure fees for relatively unknown players?

Does anyone know what the market will look like in 2 months’ time, let alone now?

Surely it’s agents trying to pump up the interest / fee. Just can’t see us chucking £1.5m at a player that might be the next Kastaneer.
It says it can be 1.5 million euros which includes add ons I’d assume

Gazolba

Hope he doesn't fly to Coventry on a small private plane with a dodgy pilot.

D

Deleted member 2477

Translating some Dutch tweets about this, they seem disappointed for him to be leaving. Always a good sign. Rather that than the Walsall fans reaction when we signed Baka.
Or the coventry fans finding out Burge was leaving to go to Sunderland

Esoterica

Hope he doesn't fly to Coventry on a small private plane with a dodgy pilot.
giphy.gif

CCFC88

Wary of this as over the past few years there's only been one player (Chaplin) we've been linked with that has actually come in. Its not how MR has been doing business.

Reactions: vow

larry_david

Wary of this as over the past few years there's only been one player (Chaplin) we've been linked with that has actually come in. Its not how MR has been doing business.
True. Although Godden got leaked before it came through, I believe that was from our loud mouthed friend in Peterborough though

Terry_dactyl

Might I also add that he would be 100% coming in as a replacement for Walsh. When he plays in midfield he plays as a dynamic box to box player rather than a sitting midfielder, and it’s where his best performances come from.
He’s my new favourite player!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If this is true unfortunately it probably indicates Liam Walsh will be going back to Bristol was hoping we could nick him. might still do if Bristol go up.

Think positive. We could sign this guy and Walsh, with Kelly in to start the season as Hamer gets used to the league.

Or maybe lockdown and all the sun has started to get to me!

mark82

Where was he linked to Feyenoord?

Not seen about a link to Feyenoord but apparently they had an offer from Nimes in Ligue 1 in France. Player apparently wants to come to England. Apparently Zwolle's best player last year. Doesn't seem like another Kastaneer situation where they're taking a risk on a player who has potential but has had injury issues, etc disrupt their career.

mark82

Would rather us use re money on Walsh but that said I know nothing about this lad

Unless things have changed due to COVID, DB seemed to think it was unlikely we could get Walsh as Bristol City had a 1 year option which paid well over what we could afford. Think there's only any chance if due to the current situation Bristol City decide against taking the option, but I think it's unlikely as all reports suggest they rate him highly.

cc84cov

Apparently Hamer loves a tackle & picks up yellow cards he came through the Feyenoord academy

Happy_Martian

Hamer & Walsh Centre Midfield ;)

But we're now talking about out of contract O'Hare possibly coming here. If Hamer isn't going to be the Kelly replacement/support, who would you pick as the 2 CAMs ?

cc84cov

But we're now talking about out of contract O'Hare possibly coming here. If Hamer isn't going to be the Kelly replacement/support, who would you pick as the 2 CAMs ?
Robins could be looking at Kelly Hammer Holding with O’Hare at number 10 position,sadly I don’t see us keeping Walsh

KersleyDigs

If we do sign Hamer, it might help Kastaneer settle more... They played for the Netherlands U20 team together back in 2017.

Perhaps Kastaneer is moving the other way as part of the deal if he is really unhappy here??

Happy_Martian

O’Hare tended to play behind a two a lot, maybe we’ll have Godden and this Chelsea lad up front?

With all these options, looks like Robins will be working hard next season

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Difficult to say without seeing if we brought someone in. Good job is we've got lots of options who fill different niches so we could chop and change depending on opposition.

You've got the likes of Jones and possibly O'Hare (don't think we'll get him but you never know) as direct exciting players, Shipley as the late runs into the area/edge of the box opportunist and Allen/Westbrooke as the creative passer.

Users who are viewing this thread